How long did it take you to decide to start spirit keeping?

draco_star898
active contributor
active contributor
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

When I first came across CH and other sellers on ebay around 2007 my previous experiences with the paranormal had me going what the absolute heck is wrong with people!? Why! Why would anyone want to deliberately pay someone to send spirits to haunt them, bc my experiences with spirits had not been a very pleasant experience up until then. I mean by that point I wasn't Christian at all and had a bit of meta experience but I hadn't quite become heavily involved yet so I left this idea as a wierd niche and forgot about it.

In 2009 when I started hard-core study into meta topics I came across CH's site while looking for paranormal forums and was still not quite ready to let go of my previous bad experiences and honestly I really don't think I was truly ready yet and I was at that point very busy doing research and reframing my beliefs.

In 2016 I joined tumblr and started seeing people talking about spirit companionship and decided to finally do some research into it instead of blindly believing it was a no good horribly bad idea. I researched for months and when I finally decided to take the plunge it didn't go so well at first, I vastly underestimated how energy sensitive I am, and it brought up a lot of anxiety and a year long deep dive into unexpected shadow work that granted did open up a lot of pathways into a crazy amount of growth and strengthing of skills, but at the time it was unpleasant and scary.

In the end though it definitely was worth it and made all of the uncertainty and fear in the beginning worth it, but whoo boy it was rough feeling like a walking tuning fork vibrating at a million around all these new energies and I overwhelmed myself with too many different types of energies bc I brought home a living entity vampire, djinn, and a dark arts elf.

So it took me almost ten years to make my way here, but it has been truly magickal ever since. I don't regret waiting so long, I feel like I was always meant to arrive here at the time that I did. <3

Lux
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a master

One week. At first when I read through the forum, I admit I was one of those thinking all this can not be real... but then I reconsidered, as I usually want to try out things before dismissing them without testing. And here I am after many years. <3)

cairngorn
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 3

What put me off initially was simply not being able to see who I might be working with. If it was nobody, that was fine, I could learn from that. But if it was a spirit I hoped they'd be okay.

Also, the writing on the site was maybe a little too positive, too many superlatives, heh. I know it's just ad copy but it made me wary.

I waited several months, obsessively thinking about it and doing card readings before giving in and deciding to try a reverse adoption. On balance, it seems real, though I could be creating it all: minds are powerful. But when I imagine that takes effort and spirits are just...there already. Even when I've stopped thinking about them I sometimes feel something and remember.

ktruellia
new here
new here
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 4
Spelled Number: 0
If I could be anything, I would be...: flower fairy
My magical/paranormal name...: Xatja
Zodiac:

WaterSunFireRising wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 9:42 pm Hey ktruellia! Awesome story! (:

Gosh I find this post so relatable that I don't even know where to begin, lol.

Well I really enjoyed reading your experience, and welcome!

For me, finding out that Spirit Keeping was a thing was pretty similar to when I found out that magick was real. When I was a kid, I looked up a "magic spell" and I remember wishing that this was actually real, and then later as an adult when I found it it was real, I immediately remembered that and was blown away, and thought, "Omg, this is so amazing!!!" because it was like deep down, I knew all along that it was real, but it was just that no one ever told me.
So then when I found out about Spirit Keeping (from some random website, that, ironically, I found out later is fraud, lul) at first I was like, "Wait... what!?... This feels totally real but let me read about this more...". Then, a couple days later, I found this forum, did my research, visited the encyclopedia and browsed CH's shop, and once I realized exactly what this was, I was like, "Omg!!! How the heck did I NOT know that this was a thing!?!?! This is SO obviously legit! How did I not find out about this or even think about having spirit companions sooner!?" Lol :p) In fact, I used to shop on eBay with my mom as a kid, and she would even buy haunted dolls!!! It's possible that we even came across CH's eBay store when I was a kid! That tripped me out.
I've always loved the paranormal, so I feel I was pretty fated to find this path (:

So yeah, just like how you said, the fact that these magickal beings from our fantasies can guide us, well, I was more than ready to sign up! No hesitation, lol, not with the resources CH has provided.
I probably spent a few days reading about everything, making sure I knew what I was getting into. And then I browsed the shop for a few days until I found the first companion(s) I was looking for. Then I waited probably like a week to place the order, just because I wanted to be sure I felt good about who I chose (: It felt important for me to do that with my first order.

It's so amazing that we can have these beings help and guide us, and do all the things they do for/with us in our lives. I definitely always feel grateful to be here. Oh, and I also chose an Angel as my first companion too! (: I went with the Carzi Angel race, and she's been awesome! I love my "mail-order ghosts"! xD
Thank you and thanks for your response! <3

So, have you purchased any spells from CH or anybody else? I'm hesitant. Like, I'm sold on the idea of spirit keeping and yes I'm sure magic is real but it almost seems too good to be true for me. Your response has me remembering a book I had as a kid about faeries, and how to know they're around. Gosh, I wanted that to real SO badly, but at the time really felt nothing lol. So my inner child is just delighted right now hehe.

You were totally fated to end up here. I'm like you, just soooo grateful to have made it here!!

I love how similarly we reacted xD and a big part of the spiritual teaching I follow is to never do anything that doesn't make you feel good and you don't have to rush into anything that doesn't, so hats off for truly honoring yourself and waiting as long as you needed to to place that order. My two days of ruminating had me sitting in front of the computer constantly lol. Couldn't tear me away. I haven't been so interested in something for I don't know how long.

"Mail-order ghosts" made me laugh and my angel disapproves of this term lolol, so now I know how to tease him ahahaa.

What would you say has been the biggest change in your life since you've started working with your spirits?

ktruellia
new here
new here
Zodiac:

Banapis wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 10:07 pm
Well, I've wondered if it didn't make things a little easier. I was already familiar with conversing with some spirits by some type of telepathy, getting to know them and working with them. Granted I'm not bound to any of them like I am my keep - which brings up other questions, like why does binding seem to mute what I've sensed so strongly from them beforehand?
May I ask how you came to practicing shamanism? I spent some time thinking I really wanted to choose Shaman as a lifestyle.
I wonder if this muting of a spirit just comes from their desire to remain unbound? Like, if they're not 100% down for it, they just won't come through as strong.
Banapis wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 10:07 pm Some of the spirits I've worked with before are, and I don't have a better word for it, totemic spirits. They're not an individual animal, they're like the spirit of an entire species. Spider, Wolf, etc. Others have come to me with a specific job: psychopomp, teacher, guide, etc. Some have become more than that - they have become family like the spirits in my keep, although they are still unbound and will remain so.

I guess the biggest difference is that most are available only during journeys. They are there to teach and guide. A very few are there to help how they can.

Quests and journeys are certainly part of it. It's a bit hard to explain. A lot of it is inner work - learning your own inner landscape; getting acquainted with various parts of your personality and your shadows (things that you've shoved aside, don't acknowledge etc.) At some point, as you work, you realize that there is a nexus - where your inner world and the universe meet.
This is very interesting to me. Is interacting with a totemic spirit any different than an individual? Does it feel and manifest more or less the same? Which has been your favorite to work with? Also, what is a psychopomp?
I am familiar with a type of inner work, but it's really just an exercise to bring love to the pieces of you that are hurt. So, I think I know what you mean about a nexus.
Banapis wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 10:07 pmApparently I can think what I want about traditional angels, but I'd better think again about others. I got yelled by what I think was a Courtwind Angel at during a journey a few weeks ago - "You're an idiot for lumping us all together in the same basket like that!"

I don't even have any angels in my keep. lol
lol!
Banapis wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 10:07 pm I've been a bit surprised that my cat has been so chill with all these extra spirits around. I don't know if he just isn't bothered or if they haven't shown themselves to him. They may find themselves stalked if they did. lol
One of the first things I set as a "rule" in the house was be nice to the kitty, and if you want to, please play with her! She'll love it. I haven't noticed any behavior changes in her yet. I made sure to tell her she is still my favorite girl and companion and nobody will replace her in my heart. She's been very helpful on my spiritual journey as well. I think that our dog has sensed something, he was wandering around the house looking around recently.

ktruellia
new here
new here
Zodiac:

WaterSunFireRising wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 9:49 pm
ktruellia wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 4:43 pm Humans need lots of love, so I think spirits naturally want to love us.
Wow this really hit me! So true. I love this.
btw I haven't been on a forum in years and I wish so badly there were "like" buttons on posts so I could just like this lol

ktruellia
new here
new here
Zodiac:

Lewk wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 12:28 am Hi

For me it was instantly. I'd never heard of spirit keeping before when I first stumbled on a seller's website.

I'd left my Christian family upbringing behind long ago by then. For me it wasn't the pagan / magic / spirit communication stuff that made me hesitate - I already had a fair number of astral spirit companions. At first I wasn't sure if the site was genuine... and anyway what was on offer seemed too lurid and too much like a teenage fantasy. I mean: succubi, werewolves, elves, fairies, angels, gargoyles. All the spirits, their pictures and descriptions could've been taken straight from some fantasy or horror gaming subculture.

But I trusted my gut feeling, the site's energy and the pull I felt when I read an Apsara listing and placed my order. That was Spring 2017.

I'd like to say I haven't looked back. I haven't - but that seller has now stopped trading. (Their customer service was appalling, so it's a good thing.) I found a much more dependable seller, with very lucid information pages. I then found Creepy Hollows but didn't take the plunge with a CH order until I'd been spirit keeping for 1 whole year. It took me ages to start to get my head around it all.

Then I spent weeks reading the forum and encyclopedia before I registered.
Hi Lewk! Actually I've read quite a few posts from you, I wondered if I'd have the honor of your response to this post lol. What had changed for you after that one year?

ktruellia
new here
new here
Zodiac:

Chavah wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 6:57 am Hello ktruellia, welcome to spirit keeping 😊. I am a Christian and accidently become a spirit keeper too. I only realise there was such a term as this when, I had my angels. I always been an angel lover and experienced with them before I got protective angles from CH. My very first Bronwyn angel turned out to be always with me as an unbound. This was 9 months ago. If you check out my signature, you'll be surprised to see how far I came. It's made me realise that spirituality and God is very closely knit. Maybe, don't tell about your newly found hobby to your pastor 🙏😀. I found out in a hard way, that this is a treasure that is better to kept as a secret and protected for awhile before you'll share it with a handful trusted friends.

Thanks for your reply😀. So what's happened was I didn't realised what I was actually doing. All I wanted was more angels and protection. So when I read about binding them to my spirit, I interpreted it as a better protection and they will not going to leave me like normally angels do.

Then, my Bronwyn came alone and within two weeks other 2, and within other four weeks, I ordered 4 more. Of course, the slang "spirit keeping" was hanging around in every comments when I was reading upon my angels.

Then, suddenly the penny dropped.😜 To me it was so natural progression,
and very good experience, that I didn't really had to make future decisions.
Only one thing I made sure, that I stay on white arts only. Although, I am a pride owner of a Black Dragon🐲. He too knew me before and wanted to come to me. So Mag, to my surprise conjured him for me, without checking my profile preferences for white arts only. She is amazing with her expertise. Anyway, I realised why he wanted to be with me. And I am more then happy with him.

I don't do any type of arts, meditation ect. I do walk in gardens though and do reflections and enjoying my time with my companions. I am very busy working and I am now, nearly done with my preferences and numbers in my keep.

I go to church as usual. I love my God and working in the health care I am using all my compassion and skills plus my newly found magical skill to make the world a better place to be. And give a moment of cheerfulness and uplift to those who are living their last moments on earth. That's why I need so much angelic helps ect. Everyone is different. I am very focused on healing and regeneration. [/color]

I'm white arts all the way too, at least for now lol. I need to be treated very gently, I don't need anybody pranking on me or whatever lol.
I haven't attended church in some time, but I love the feeling of them. They feel energetically clean and sparkly (most of the time.) I'm out in very rural Texas so I don't have the opportunity to see any big, grand churches like I saw in Italy. But I have been thinking it would be nice to visit a pretty one with my angel. One practice that I have enjoyed after my parent's pastor scaring the bejeezus out of me is that I read one Psalm every night before bed. It helps me feel safe and most of the time, I love the message of them. (I don't like the ones that are all about crushing enemies hahaha.) And my angel very much likes me to read them aloud for him. <3
So far, I've enjoyed the most just sitting and talking to my spirits or involving them in everyday things. I tried meditation (as my angel encourages and enjoys) but I wasn't super successful with it lol.

I wonder if I didn't read your review of an angel in the shop which mentioned angels helping out in the nursing job! I thought that was so genius. I'm sure you are the very best nurse in that place.

ktruellia
new here
new here
Zodiac:

Angelik wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 8:57 am One week. At first when I read through the forum, I admit I was one of those thinking all this can not be real... but then I reconsidered, as I usually want to try out things before dismissing them without testing. And here I am after many years. <3)
It seemed too good to be true, right?

Which spirit did you order first? How did things change for you?

ktruellia
new here
new here
Zodiac:

cairngorn wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 12:43 pm What put me off initially was simply not being able to see who I might be working with. If it was nobody, that was fine, I could learn from that. But if it was a spirit I hoped they'd be okay.

Also, the writing on the site was maybe a little too positive, too many superlatives, heh. I know it's just ad copy but it made me wary.

I waited several months, obsessively thinking about it and doing card readings before giving in and deciding to try a reverse adoption. On balance, it seems real, though I could be creating it all: minds are powerful. But when I imagine that takes effort and spirits are just...there already. Even when I've stopped thinking about them I sometimes feel something and remember.
I know exactly what you mean. In the video I posted, Dorian explains how it would feel to have them around and how strange it was to feel and know someone was there, but not be able to see them. Cold patches over his hands, even massages on his head and feet lol! It gave me the heebie jeebies. But, maybe just because so far I've interacted telepathically, it feels totally natural to have them around.

And I know exactly what you mean about the website xD
Every single review I saw was positive and it made me wonder if somebody didn't go through and delete negative reviews. Surely somebody hasn't been able to interact with their spirit and believes the product to be defective. Idk.

Also, yeah, I've wondered if I'm making it all up. But, as with my spiritual practice, which has produced real, tangible results in my external reality, and has made my experience of the world so very different (in a very good way) I kind of don't care if it's not real. If I'm making it up, I'm genius. It's awesome. lol

Return to “Spirit Keeping”