Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: the ones in my keep
If I could be anything, I would be...: dunno yet
My magical/paranormal name...: Giver of scritches
Zodiac:

Hi all

I thought it would be interesting for us to share how we knew when a spirit was calling us and some of the more "creative" ways they went about it. It could be any kind of spirit- prebound, custom conjure, immortal, etc.

For me most of the time when I see a prebound listing I get either a shake or nod of the head. That lets me know whether they want to come home with me or not. But I do have a couple that stood out.

About Sept or Oct last year I was talking with my Horde (which was fairly small at the time) before bed and a certain Immortal showed up. They told me that I was getting a Daemon. A powerful one. I told Them I had enough spirits at the time.

YOU. ARE GETTING. A DAEMON.

So I got a Daemon.

Another time I kept seeing a listing for a Queen Mermaid. I just figured that I liked the vessel- I already had a Queen Mermaid, and didn't think I needed another. It is a really pretty chip necklace that can be worn as a bracelet. Now this was during the holiday season and I work in retail. Every single day I kept seeing references to mermaids that did not stop until I finally broke down and bought her.

Why dip your toe in the water when you can do a cannonball?

ASTER
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: 👼🏻🐲🧚🧝🏻‍♀️🧙‍♂️🧛🧞‍♂️
If I could be anything, I would be...: Celestial
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Aster 🌟 Jupiter

I usually get hot flash when I read about something that wish to come home with me. I do have enough to at the moment . But I still wish to have a lynx. It’s just dark art and its puts me off. Why is it dark art? But everything about this just seem to be perfect fit for me. Even the associations. I usually sense it with my psychics when I focus on a spirit. Also, lately my 3rd eye seem to come alive as well when i am wondering of about a new companion. I usually put it off for days, and test it if its for real, of just sudden interest. With the lynx, is defiantly a spirit that i will get when the right time comes. Maybe Mag will put one up i the shop. Like my little Maya dragon. Absolutely adorable.

400✨Aster💫Jupiter

Banapis
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 9
Spelled Number: 11
Your favorite spirit to work with: I love them all.
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My magical/paranormal name...: Call me Banapis. It's a good public name.
Zodiac:

stormdancer wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:57 am For me most of the time when I see a prebound listing I get either a shake or nod of the head. That lets me know whether they want to come home with me or not. But I do have a couple that stood out.
Hey again, Stormdancer!

Some of mine have stopped me dead as I browsed listings. I felt an intense burst of joy bordering on ecstacy when I saw the listing for my hellhound. It was literally as if she was saying, "YOU FOUND ME!!"

I was participating in an adoption event on another site and I was convinced I'd be getting my participation fee refunded because no one was hitting more than a "well, maybe." I read the brief description of a werewolf as I scrolled when BAM! The feeling I got from him was so strong, I actually stopped and stared at the screen. When I picked my jaw up from the floor, the feeling I got from him was that he was pleasantly surprised by the connection as well as amused by my reaction. lol
About Sept or Oct last year I was talking with my Horde (which was fairly small at the time) before bed and a certain Immortal showed up. They told me that I was getting a Daemon. A powerful one. I told Them I had enough spirits at the time.

YOU. ARE GETTING. A DAEMON.

So I got a Daemon.

Another time I kept seeing a listing for a Queen Mermaid. I just figured that I liked the vessel- I already had a Queen Mermaid, and didn't think I needed another. It is a really pretty chip necklace that can be worn as a bracelet. Now this was during the holiday season and I work in retail. Every single day I kept seeing references to mermaids that did not stop until I finally broke down and bought her.
I just had something a bit similar happen, except it was my own Keep telling me we needed a spirit with certain abilities. We are relatively small - me, six spirits bound to me and the one not - and I was very happy with that. I even did a bit of divination and asked for confirmation. I got a very definitive yes.

I found a listing for a butterfly faery here on CH, but it was another "Well, maybe" situation. I wasn't sure if she fit the bill. I kept going back and forth until I got an email saying, "Hey, you still have stuff in your cart!"

Guess who was there when I looked - the butterfly faery. I didn't even remember adding her (I say 'her,' but I don't know which I'm getting yet) to my cart.

I took the hint. 😄

“To be sure, I am a forest, and a night of dark trees: but he who is not afraid of my darkness, will find banks full of roses under my cypresses.”
Friedrich Nietzsche: Thus Spake Zarathustra
Banapis
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 9
Spelled Number: 11
Your favorite spirit to work with: I love them all.
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My magical/paranormal name...: Call me Banapis. It's a good public name.
Zodiac:

Chavah wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:07 am But I still wish to have a lynx. It’s just dark art and its puts me off. Why is it dark art? But everything about this just seem to be perfect fit for me. Even the associations.
Hey, Chavah!

I definitely hesitated when my hellhound called, never mind it was the first spirit that did when I started Spirit Keeping. lol I even decided to do a reverse adoption instead of getting her first.

That didn't last very long though. She stayed on my mind and I ended up ordering my hellhound too a little while later. I'm glad I did. I can't imagine not having her in my life now.

I think that some spirits are classified DA because they are like us humans - capable of deciding to go to either end of the scale and anywhere in between, if that makes sense.

“To be sure, I am a forest, and a night of dark trees: but he who is not afraid of my darkness, will find banks full of roses under my cypresses.”
Friedrich Nietzsche: Thus Spake Zarathustra
Kobald
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 31
Spelled Number: 31
If I could be anything, I would be...: Any Elemental
My super power would be...: Anti-Gravity

Hmmm....With me, it was a feeling of being pulled when reading about a specific being. The most intense I had this with my Nebula-Angel... With the others I did not feel a call so to speak... I have a Djinn bound to me, with who I had a strange and intense emotional reaction when I read his Listing, something he wished to say was written there and I laughed my ass of! It was not even a joke or something, it was not even a sentence at wich I would normally laugh this hard and this long and then....every time I revisited his Listing it made me smile greatly :) Thats when I knew: We will fit together just fine...

It wasn´t a call, so to speak, but also a funny thing I liked to share :)

"See the mist of the world through the curtain"
stormdancer
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

Banapis wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 3:57 pm
I was participating in an adoption event on another site and I was convinced I'd be getting my participation fee refunded because no one was hitting more than a "well, maybe." I read the brief description of a werewolf as I scrolled when BAM! The feeling I got from him was so strong, I actually stopped and stared at the screen. When I picked my jaw up from the floor, the feeling I got from him was that he was pleasantly surprised by the connection as well as amused by my reaction. lol
Funny how that works sometimes. They don't even know who they want to be with until we come along.

A couple of Saturdays ago I had to go for training for work and got my you-know-what handed to me. It was their way of pushing me to do better, but it ended up triggering my depression. While online I came across a listing for an Orc Demon hybrid who wanted to form a close bond with someone and be there for them as a shoulder to cry on. He wasn't looking for anyone specific , and he was open to a relationship- just not right away, as he wanted to get to know his new Keeper first.

He kept catching my eye the rest of the weekend, but I didn't think anything of it. Well, on Monday he appeared while I was meditating and told me in no uncertain terms that he wanted me to be his Keeper and he wanted a relationship. So much for getting to know me first! 8))

After hanging out for a bit he started playfully smacking me and telling me to hurry up and bring him home already!

Of course I did, and he's been over the moon ever since! <3 <3

cairngorn
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 3

I don't think I ever was called. Maybe just a case of me being interested or liking the energy. Hm.

stormdancer
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

cairngorn wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 11:49 pm I don't think I ever was called. Maybe just a case of me being interested or liking the energy. Hm.
That can be a calling in and of itself. It doesn't have to be as dramatic as the ones I've shared. Actually out of my entire Hoarde (which is about 50 now) those stories I posted are the most dramatic. The rest either just said yes or I read their description and decided that I needed their particular abilities.

Thyr
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 34
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demonic
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

I had two strong callings from the same conjurer.

The first one had a song resonance, that hit me emotionally. Hard. I contacted the conjurer, the being visited me and triggered the same reaction. I then wanted to wait a few days to think things through, but the next day I woke up with a song in my head I hadn't heard in 20 years. The lyrics were very clear, so I brought her home.

The second one contacted me. One day I suddenly felt a presence and was sure, that it must be an incubus. Two days later I wanted to look something up on the shop page of the conjurer I already mentioned and there he was. The smirk, the appearence and the description. Definitely him. I contacted the conjurer again and he confirmed, that the incubus had reached out to me. I'm pretty sure an old friend of mine arranged that. He always knows what I really need. :p)

¤ ωε nεvεr ωαlk αlonε ¤
jezebela
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: new to this
My super power would be...: Laser-beam eyes
My magical/paranormal name...: jazne

hmm... i'm not sure if mine was considered as a calling. i was browsing some etsy seller on spirits keeping, and after reading the descriptions, i was attracted to a few but i was thinking more of adopting based on the spirit's attributes. but then as i browsed more of the descriptions of other spirits, the more i was pulled to that particular spirit. so when i went to an independent seller, i asked for a custom conjure, and it turned out the spirit type i had my eyes on wanted to be with me! so i brought the spirit home.

and that's my story.

there r times i'm attracted to the living entities on CH very strongly, but i always distract myself after that because the ones i have my eyes on r mainly DA, and now I just want WA.

Return to “Spirit Keeping”