You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 28
Spelled Number: 20
Your favorite spirit to work with: Incubus
If I could be anything, I would be...: jackalope
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: cyris
Zodiac:

if one of your spirits kept breaking rules and boundaries as retaliation because they feel like you hurt them or you made them angry , should you still give out the punishments or should you try and talk to them instead ? im having a bit of a complicated situation
it seems i offended one of my keep without knowing and they are acting out because of it , one of my punishment's for doing stuff i really don't like is you get ignored for a day and don't get treats, to really encourage not doing those things ( as i was told to do ) i know i should talk it out and i want to but they keep breaking the rule were the punishment is to ignore , i feel like i should still be firm and punish them but i also feel like i should pay attention to their feelings and i want to but im super conflicted , idk if should make the acceptation , i just feel like that would be unfair to everyone else in my keep if they got a free pass, and i know your supposed to be really firm about house rules with DA
im still kind of new so pls dont be to harsh im just unsure of how to respond to a situation like this

1 veela 8)) 1 throne angel :8) 1 watcher B) 8 warrior angels X..X 1 seraphim 0:) 1 dragos 2 :v psy vampires *0* 1 sang vamp ^^ 1 gargoyle O.Op 1 violet flame angel *>* 1 Norse tiger :3 1 nympho <3 1 servitor 8>
CH Moderator
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Answers: 0

Topic moved to suitable section.

Amarantha
neophyte
neophyte
Your favorite spirit to work with: Hellhound & Werewolf
If I could be anything, I would be...: Lampades
My magical/paranormal name...: Amarantha Lux

May I ask if your spirits are from CH? I have noticed a few threads about unruly spirits recently. I am still new myself as I have only been spirit keeping since April 14th this year but I have never had any issues with my bound spirits from CH and hope I never do because I love them and would hate to have to punish or subdue them.
Are you sure its one of your spirits companions and not an unbound stirring up trouble?

"Light and Darkness. One cannot exist without the other. There is no true Master, without the power of balance" ~ Luis Marques

"The joy of life consists in the exercise of ones energies, continual growth, constant change, the enjoyment of every new experience. To stop means simply to die. The eternal mistake of mankind is to set up an attainable ideal." ~ Aleister Crowley
pokemonsavage
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 28
Spelled Number: 20
Your favorite spirit to work with: Incubus
If I could be anything, I would be...: jackalope
My magical/paranormal name...: cyris
Zodiac:

Amarantha wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 3:20 pm May I ask if your spirits are from CH? I have noticed a few threads about unruly spirits recently. I am still new myself as I have only been spirit keeping since April 14th this year but I have never had any issues with my bound spirits from CH and hope I never do because I love them and would hate to have to punish or subdue them.
Are you sure its one of your spirits companions and not an unbound stirring up trouble?
they are not from CH but from a place CH approves of , and yes im pretty certain its not an unbound

1 veela 8)) 1 throne angel :8) 1 watcher B) 8 warrior angels X..X 1 seraphim 0:) 1 dragos 2 :v psy vampires *0* 1 sang vamp ^^ 1 gargoyle O.Op 1 violet flame angel *>* 1 Norse tiger :3 1 nympho <3 1 servitor 8>
Amarantha
neophyte
neophyte
Your favorite spirit to work with: Hellhound & Werewolf
If I could be anything, I would be...: Lampades
My magical/paranormal name...: Amarantha Lux

pokemonsavage wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 4:04 pm
Amarantha wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 3:20 pm May I ask if your spirits are from CH? I have noticed a few threads about unruly spirits recently. I am still new myself as I have only been spirit keeping since April 14th this year but I have never had any issues with my bound spirits from CH and hope I never do because I love them and would hate to have to punish or subdue them.
they are not from CH but from a place CH approves of , and yes im pretty certain its not an unbound
Have you tried to contact the conjurer about it? Do you try to talk things out first and then if they continue to break the rules punish them or do you go straight to punishment first? I can understand how it must be hard to decide to make an exception or not especially when it comes to dark arts spirits because as ASH says you must be firm. Plus like you said it would not really be fair to your other spirits if you give a free pass to one. Not only that but if you make an exception once then that may just make them think they can always break rules and get away with it. What are your house rules like? Maybe they need to be revised?

"Light and Darkness. One cannot exist without the other. There is no true Master, without the power of balance" ~ Luis Marques

"The joy of life consists in the exercise of ones energies, continual growth, constant change, the enjoyment of every new experience. To stop means simply to die. The eternal mistake of mankind is to set up an attainable ideal." ~ Aleister Crowley
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

Have you read the advice here?

https://shop.creepyhollows.com/SPIRIT-K ... RULES.html

Sometimes we may project our uncertainty on the situation and think a bound spirit companion is misbehaving. But, if this is not what's happening, - even if it's from a competent conjurer, then I guess some can still test boundaries...especially if we let them get away with it.

The basis of a keeper-spirit relationship is respect. Yes, we respect them but we also deserve and should expect respect in return.

We would not want to allow ourselves to fall into a dependent relationship with someone, where we feel it's our job to make them happy and not make a fuss or risk offending them when they misbehave. It's just the same with our spirits. We need to feel it's okay to reclaim our own personal power and that it's okay to use subduing secrets with DA spirits that misbehave.

At the same time, don't expect them to misbehave.

The CH Dark Arts guidance book has a spell for blocking bound spirits, which can also be used as a form of consequence / 'punishment'. It's not cruelty, it's enforcing rules with a being that has agreed to be our (good) companion...imo.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]

Return to “Spirit Keeping”