new here
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 4
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Psy vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: Elf
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

Hi! I have a few dark arts spirits and I have never had any negative acclimation symptoms. Is this something out of ordinary or what's going on?

divineseeker
venerated member
venerated member
Male/Female: It's a Secret

Hello,
Yes, it is normal. Just to make sure, you may want to ask the conjurer about this, and let them give their opinion and advise.

Lonik
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 31
Spelled Number: 8
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampires
If I could be anything, I would be...: Siren
My magical/paranormal name...: Lonik
Zodiac:

If they are costum conjured they are based on your energy so the DA symptoms will be little to no existent. If the spirit is preconjure then definitely you will have side affects because of the difference of energys you have you and your spirit.

Follow your heart till it bleeds as we run towards the end of the dream. 8*8
calliope56
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 71

My experiences have been different with the dark art spirits. I don't feel like I had any initial typical symptoms with DA spirits. That is to say that I didn't suffer headaches, mood swings, nightmares, etc. However, upon getting a LOT more WA spirits and spells lately, I feel like my overall disposition has become sunnier and a little more empathetic. Maybe I did experience symptoms which I didn't recognize and over time it was reduced as well as adding the WA spirits and spells. Either way, it wasn't a dramatic change, but I'm definitely glad that I'm balancing out my spirits better for me.

Satella
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 343
Spelled Number: 409
Your favorite spirit to work with: faery
If I could be anything, I would be...: Mommy
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Bella Dawn

I honestly never had symptoms from any of my friends other than when the actual binding occurred and shortly after they went away rather rapidly. Worst case was with some immortal beings I was bounded to I felt like a had a flu for a few days during the binding (took 3-5 days) and then after that I felt nothing. I have not had a single spirit / entity effect me negatively after I began the bonding during the first day.

Not sure exactly why this is but I have some incredibly strong friends yet I don’t have any negative symptoms at all from them. If anything my mental health and over health has improved since I met them they have done nothing but positive things for me!

Hihi, currently here is my friendsies info
Spirit Friends 67
Being Friends 155
Preconjure Peeps 400 +
Coven Friendsies 33
Rescues 47

Daciana
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: All
If I could be anything, I would be...: Just Me 😊
Zodiac:

I have custom conjures, preconjures, both spirits
and living entities, full range of wa and da. I have never
had much as far as symptoms. Only time was when
my werewolf LE arrived. I was extremely hyper and irritated
for a few hours. He was bound to my spirit so I didn't
have to wait for a vessel. After that day, everything settled
down. He had been around me for a very long time before, and I contacted a reputable seller to bind him for me, so I wasn't expecting symptoms πŸ˜… I am very comfortable with DA energies , and many of my companions (including preconjures) are very dark.

β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’
π•―π–†π–ˆπ–Žπ–†π–“π–†
marauderkaelyn
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 8
Spelled Number: 3
Your favorite spirit to work with: gregori watchers :>
My super power would be...: Super speed
Zodiac:

Lonikh wrote: ↑Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:00 pm If they are costum conjured they are based on your energy so the DA symptoms will be little to no existent. If the spirit is preconjure then definitely you will have side affects because of the difference of energys you have you and your spirit.
That actually makes a lot of sense to me! I had a remote binding of a preconjure done a few weeks ago and at the time I was actually ill. I felt like he amplified my headache so I had to put his vessel aside a few times. I don't think I'm quite that sensitive when adjusting to my companions' energies unless I'm in a "weakened state" in the first place, if that makes sense.
Sysygy wrote: ↑Thu Oct 06, 2022 2:49 pm Only time was when
down. He had been around me for a very long time before, and I contacted a reputable seller to bind him for me, so I wasn't expecting symptoms πŸ˜… I am very comfortable with DA energies , and many of my companions (including preconjures) are very dark.
Huh, that's curious! I think I'm also quite comfortable with DA energies, in fact all my spirit friends are DA (and Grey Arts, respectively). I don't have symptoms most of the time but it makes me wonder if I would feel a difference with WA spirits. Gotta find out sooner or later!

β™‘ ~ A ~ β™‘ ~ S ~ β™‘ ~ P ~ β™‘ ~ K ~ β™‘ ~ V ~ β™‘ ~ J ~ β™‘ ~ R ~ β™‘
calliope56
neophyte
neophyte

@marauderkaelyn Please get some white arts spirits! I'm also wondering if you will feel a different way.

calliope56
neophyte
neophyte

Sysygy wrote: ↑Thu Oct 06, 2022 2:49 pm I have custom conjures, preconjures, both spirits
and living entities, full range of wa and da. I have never
had much as far as symptoms. Only time was when
Do you have a custom conjure demon from Sophi? I have one and a couple of chthonic entities from her as well. I love her spirit conjures. Absolutely LOVE them!

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

Katenok1988 wrote: ↑Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:52 am Hi! I have a few dark arts spirits and I have never had any negative acclimation symptoms. Is this something out of ordinary or what's going on?
I'm terms of what's 'normal', what I've learned from reading CH books and articles is this: in general, DA acclimation symptoms will be felt when there's a difference between the level of darkness that we're each aligned to, on the DA/WA leaning spectrum, and the darkness level of the DA companion that we get.

We should never get spirits that are darker than we are - is the maxim.

For people who lean strongly towards WA or who are beginners with DA spirits, the lighter grey ones are recommended (eg Gargoyles or Psy Vampires).

However, as has been said above, a custom conjure matches the energy of the spirit to the keeper as well as is possible, so the DA levels mismatch is minimised.

Also, DA acclimation symptoms aren't just headaches. It can include a run of bad luck, as well as having darker thoughts - I can't find a reference for that just now.

see https://shop.creepyhollows.com/spirit-k ... ation.html

But if the keeper is fairly dark in their outlook or personality already, the chances are the adjustment will hardly be noticed. Interestingly, energy adjustment is not just something to do with DA beings or energy. People can have difficulty adjusting to high energy WA beings too.

see https://www.creepyhollows.com/faq/?acti ... ght=twitch

I still see myself as strongly WA-leaning. But I've done the DA spells and DA energy gathering exercise in the CH Great Dark Arts Guidance book. I enjoy those and they cause me absolutely no problems whatsoever. But that's because it's my own DA energies that I'm tapping into.

I once received a BOGO pre-conjure Sin Eater. I had continual, back to back migraines for days. Not a few more migraine spells than seemed normal. They just continued without let up, one starting when other had finished. For days. Can you imagine how unpleasant that was? I was impressed. It stopped on the third day. (I've never had an energy adjustment issue with WA beings. Even Courtwinds.)

tl.dr: So it seem to be about what level your darkness is. Everyone will have a level that is too dark for them, in theory...afaik.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]

Return to β€œSpirit Keeping”