new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 11
Spelled Number: 50
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

Hi AlwaysLost,

thank for your reply and the shared experiences. From the people I know, many have some weird stories to tell, memories that have to be happened before they were born, death relatives visiting etc.
I think the not forcing advice is nice, I just feel guilty towards my keep. And the first surprise spirits I got were actually a guarding spirits. Since I fell more at ease in general, I guess they are doing their part :p)
AlwaysLost wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 12:24 pm I am pursuing a BA degree in psychology. I love the sciences. However, I also experience too many metaphysical situations that others have also acknowledged which leads me to conclude that this is reality. At some point, scientists may be able to comprehend the spiritual. It is a never-ending search for answers, questioning what is yet to be found that encourages me to continue my journey.

When it comes to fear, it is an emotion that can help save lives or prevent us from discovering the unknown. Spirits for protection (like the Volkh) can help guard you from malicious entities. CH has valuable resources for protecting yourself and your family. If you are apprehensive about working with spirits, there are a plethora of spells as well.

Just take your time. Don't force yourself.

Nathayra
new here
new here
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 11
Spelled Number: 50

Hi Vipera,

thank you for your reply. I guess I will conduct some experiments during my next vacation, when everyday stress levels are lower.
Could you share some of the approaches you use to verify? At the moment I can just think about remote viewing or telepathy with other humans that would be provable.
Vipera aspis atra wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 9:30 pm Those who devote themselves as wholly to this realm of the metaphysical get into such practices of dissecting how and why things work or manifest, and don't simply have blind faith. What I'm telling you is that there is a science to everything.. including the paranormal. You have strengths that would lend to further verifying and understanding your paranormal experiences, and if you'd like to do that you will find the way how.

It is absolutely possible to balance a logical mind with metaphysical practice and interests. I consider myself a healthy skeptic and have found ways to prove everything that I interact with or work with in this area.
Over time in doing this you're able to relax and accept the things you can't explain as well, as you will comprehend that there is a reason to it - just not one you currently have.

Huffdamagicdragon
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 1801
Spelled Number: 568
Your favorite spirit to work with: Lampades
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My magical/paranormal name...: DämonZerstörer

I have seen a few times, just not near as often as huffette has or with anywhere near the detail she does.... Just last week i was relaxing in the bed and I saw one of Huffette's dogs that was killed by a car. He got up in my face and seemed happy that i knew it was him. and I was not panicked by the sight of my egyptian djinn's eyes across my windshield as I was driving to work. one of her eyes covered about a quarter of my windshield so fear is not an issue for me. We do avoid crowds because she hears all the people's thought all at once. I think I have told about once when we were on an elevator and she told a man he should not be thinking what he was thinking and then said out loud what she had heard him saying in his mind...Now that man did panic and back out of the elevator before the door could close with a very shocked look on his face....my abilities seem to be more focused on energy manipulation and control. As she says,,,, she is my eyes and I am her strength. when I have enough motivation, I can pull all of the energy out of a storm and kill the storm in just a few minutes
Nathayra wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 6:29 pm Hi Huff,

thanks for your reply. I can relate to the deer story... I was at some point living in a village where deer would hide against hunters. Driving home, I was on the passanger seat and told the driver "there will a deer jump from right after xy's house". The deer came from the other direction, but...

How do you feel about your wife seeing things (and you not, as I get it)? I wonder weather it would help me to actually see something or freak me out completely.
I am sometimes nervous about someone from my keep just dropping by visibly and scarring me. On the other hand, I guess that will not happen until I made up my mind about what I actually want.
Huffdamagicdragon wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 3:52 pm So I know what you are saying about believing what you can't see. My wife sees things and I know she is telling me truthfullly what is there with no physical evidence. I can know things with no apparent source of that knowledge. I slow down when driving and find out why I slowed down as a deer comes out of the woods that I would have hit had I not slowed down. Other times, there was a cop around the curve or just over the hill out of sight.

wayyy too many in my keep to count let alone list
mostly djinn and dragons though
Nienna
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Nienna

Nathayra wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 12:27 pm I am reading in this forum for over a year now and kind of wanted to write a longer introcudtion for myself but never did it. Halloween and all I think I will finally sit down. So, sorry this will be pretty long,so TL;DR: my families holy grail is reason, I am pretty sure spirits exist but have this irrational fear that if i admitt it I will drift into territory where I will apear insane to my surrounding but don't notice it myself. Probably only upbringing but I just can not get over it. Do you have suggestions?

Longer version:
I am from a family of scientists of which some fall into the asperger spectrum, too. So in my family, logic and reason is the one thing to adhere to. Also, 'insane' or 'illogical' are used as insults and persons that believe in esoterics laughed about. I got that very early and never talked about stuff I could not explain. I also don't know if a near-death experience I had as baby could play into some of it. So, for the side why I am pretty sure paranomal stuff exists:
- When in preschool, I often instinctively searched for my cigarettes. Like watching TV, patting blindely on the table to grab the pack and light one, then remembering I am a child and don't smoke. I also held a belive I was a bellet dancer that died in her late 30s
- We had a habit of gathering for dinner to certain times and being punished when not punctual. When sitting at the table waiting for our parents, I would do special breathing to fly over our neighbors trees and watch the birds. Kind of forgot till reading books about astral travel in my 20s.
- At about 7 went to the bathroom one night to find a creature in the hallway that chased me back to my bedroom. Long time could not describe it till some year later we learned about the egyptian scrol of death in school and there something similar was sitting next to the scale that weights the heart. Also, till this day my subconscious insits to not say that name, not even think it, else it will come back.
- that game where kids would look out of a car and imagine a man jumping over houses? I often did that, but I saw dog-like things in the woods that would run along the car, sometimes further away, sometimes nearer. About that one I talked with the parants of a close friend but that is just something all children imagine, right?
- In my teenage years I had a phase of about 6 months where I would sometimes sleepwalk and have intense nightmares of dying. Not almost dying and yearking awake, but only waking up after drowning, falling and smashing into concrete, being eaten (actually quite interesting, that one), shot,... Also then finding for example my piercings lying in a neat row at the window next morning. A task that would take me halve an our of concentrated work when awake. Did stop after some time on it's own but later shortly reapear. In that case I would always be in the same ruined building and been chased by the same human-looking creature. Always the same: searching for a way out, everything is locked, running into this thing, being chased till it finally got me. Also, my subconcious thinks if I think about this too long, it will restart.
- having a connection with family members, mostly my mother. Like we would know if someone runs late or if I would miss certain groceries to cook dinner she would come in from work and be like: 'I bought this, I don't know why, I whought you would be happy.' And for sure it would be whatever I missed for cocking
- I like tattoos and piercings and got havily tattoed quite early. I had my whole back done one day and was lying in bed (upper level of bunck bed) on my stomache, could not sleep. There was still TV running in the living room and light and my door was open so I could yell if I needed something. At some point I saw a large silhuette standing in the doorway. And from what I could see it appeared to be a large minotaur with a huge ax on his back. I just pretended to be asleep and after a minute or so there was nothing in the doorway anymore
- in my midt 20s I had a severe infection and got heavy antibiotics. Was in a delirium for 1-2 days and saw and felt some weird stuff. Could not describe it but I hope I never have to take this pills again
- had a roommate that often talked about how she could see ghosts till her late 20s before she almost crashed her car because of one and had her third eye sealed. I don't think that she fabricated that and she was rational with every other topic
- I know when family members are dying. Just this fealing of: you have to go, now. You need to be there by x time. Which is nice for me to say goodbye but my aunt is severely creeped out and talks only the bare minimum with me
- also, I usually sense energy of places and tend to sleep a night in a new flat before moving in to get to know the place or say goodbye when moving out. I hold the superstition that that helps with nothing happening in my flats and no machines breaking.

I don't really know why I started spirit keeping. I got the first spirits as surprise spirits from CH and I think I had at leats 3 contact me before they were bound:
- had a dream with a blonde man that was so baffingly different from everything I dreamt before, that I wondered till I read the discription of the spirit
- had one night just the strange sensation of somebody being in my badroom and watching me when I went to bed. Neutral feeling but just annoying, because I could not go to sleep while something was staring at me. Moved to garden at some point and when I draw the curtains shut the feeling disappeared
- One night heared some sassy womans voice make remarks. Again, kind of made sense after reading the spirit description
Also the topics of my dreams changed significantly. Up to that point, I would mostly be alone in my dreams, often in danger. Now, most of the time I am surrounded by a group of people and we do stuff as a group. Or I have dreams with family members or collegues, which I never had before.

So, what is the problem now... I am a scientists. I have to be rational and highly functional. Reading stories here about people seeing or hearing their spirits constantly, I want that too. But a part of me just imagines my spirits running through my lab while I am working and knocking over stuff and is like: If you are seeing thinks, you go insane and should talk to a doctor. I have had problems with anciety attacks and agoraphobia during my bachelors and this part of me just insists that my brain is prone to malfunctioning and I should not force it or risk it. And my subconscious just chimes in with: there are some things that can harm you, if you see them or recognize their existence, so best not look.
I just don't know how to sort that out and feel increasingly bad for my spirits, because I fell like I don't even try to connect. I am putting out offerings but whenever I plan down and meditate and breath and talk to them I find thousand things to do and procrastinate till I can tell myself: Oh, now it's too late, back to bed, we can do that tomorrow. So, how do you all make sure you are not drifting into "old hag in a cottage screaming at the walls" territory?
For me I would not say science and the spiritual are opposed, I would say it is complementary; like the universe is spiritual/magical in itself, has its own laws and science is the tool that can explains it (in a physical way)

Also, some things that was considered witchery back in the days, are now adopted or recognised in the scientist community. -magnetic fields: you can find in auras
-brain waves: in telepathy and clairsentience.

Hope it helps you

Return to “Spirit Keeping”