new here
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 4
Spelled Number: 5
Your favorite spirit to work with: Incubus
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

I've read the comparisons on CH between Vessel vs. Spirit bindings but wanted to hear personal experiences towards one or the other.

I currently have all my spirits bound to vessels and I think I enjoy that because with the vessel it gives me a tangible item to hold and focus on during meditation and I notice when I do that I can feel a much greater connection to my spirits. I think my fear with binding them to my spirit is loosing that tangible connection, or more accurately that tangible thing to focus on that allows me to feel that connection.

The biggest drawback to a physical vessel though is my fear of loosing it. For one of my spirits I wear his vessel every day and carry it with me everywhere because I always want to feel that connection but because of that I'm really paranoid that I might loose or damage it, especially if I travel. However I've also heard that binding to spirit allows the spirit/entity greater access and influence over your own energy which sounds a little intimidating, although with this particular spirit wouldn't be a deal breaker I just really want to know exactly what to expect.

So what are some of your personal experiences. What things do you like about one or the other, what things do you not like, and for those who've done both, do you notice any real difference?

Thyr
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 34
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demonic
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

I've got all my companions from reputable sellers bound to spirit. One companion came to me a different way, so I had one with a vessel for a while. Regarding my companions: It made no big difference.
If you're purchasing a binding from a reputable seller, there's nothing to worry about, because the binding is made to protect both of you. At least most of the conjurers I know and purchase from provide a binding the spirit or entity could end on their own, if they're being treated poorly or even abused. The same goes for us humans. A good binding is made in a way to prevent serious harm. This is why my vessel bound companion needed to be unbound in the end, because their binding was harming them.
Nimari wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:07 pm However I've also heard that binding to spirit allows the spirit/entity greater access and influence over your own energy which sounds a little intimidating, although with this particular spirit wouldn't be a deal breaker I just really want to know exactly what to expect.
I have a living entity Incubus bound to spirit. A lot of people don't recommend that at all, spirits are much more safe. But his binding is very good and also his character makes him a safe choice. I had a pretty bad encounter with Succubi in my early 20s, I know very well how it feels to be attacked and drained by them. But with him? He's even sharing his energies with me.
As long as the conjurer is reputable, there's nothing to worry about a binding to spirit. ;)

¤ ωε nεvεr ωαlk αlonε ¤
Daciana
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: All
If I could be anything, I would be...: Just Me 😊
Zodiac:

I use my 3 body binding box with my spirits and spells. The results are intense and I'm very happy with it. I do notice things have a stronger impact and interaction in my world /on me, communication is much easier.
For those spirits and entities who I had bound to spirit I didn't notice a significant difference compared to vessel bound spirits.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
𝕯𝖆𝖈𝖎𝖆𝖓𝖆
Metheus North
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 500
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Moon Faery
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Metheus North
Zodiac:

I used to be the same a few months ago. I HAD to wear my vessels all the time. I accumulated so many vessels, many are bound to gemstones, that it became impossible. Talk about separation anxiety for a bit.

I have a few spirits that are spirit bound. I don't feel the connection to them as much.

Here's the thing, I had to separate myself from my companions because I experienced horrible ear ringing. It got so bad that my ears were in really bad pain. I had it checked out by the doctor and was told that nothing medical seemed wrong. I really hate to think about what I would do if all my companions were spirit bound!

We all experience things differently but having the vessels for me is soothing. I enjoy the vibrations and energy.

I have also noticed that WA feels different from DA energies. I get more positive energy from my DA companions. That's because I resignate most with the darker side. So, would having a lot of WA spirits affect my spirit in a negative way?

So, I still prefer vessels. Yes, they can get lost or broken but there are ways to get new vessels, depending where they are from.

ASTER
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: 👼🏻🐲🧚🧝🏻‍♀️🧙‍♂️🧛🧞‍♂️
If I could be anything, I would be...: Celestial
My magical/paranormal name...: Aster 🌟 Jupiter

I have a mix of bindings on vessels, master vessels and bond to spirit. I am opposite to Metheus concerning the arts. I am balanced and lean towards white and light energy 99%.

I have limited number dark arts spells and spirits. And I am glad they are on vessels. There was a short time, when I actually put my black dragons vessel outside into my car, for a week. And Ash's dark arts spells (I have only two). I couldn't wait to finish with dark arts acclimation. It was very heavy and dense energy, compared with light and airier white arts, that I am used to. I didn't wear my neutral master vessel on that particular week.

I have white arts spirit bindings to spirit. They are fantastic. So, I guess you might just have to experience with them. Everyone is different after all.

400✨Aster💫Jupiter

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

Nimari wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:07 pm I've read the comparisons on CH between Vessel vs. Spirit bindings but wanted to hear personal experiences towards one or the other.

I currently have all my spirits bound to vessels and I think I enjoy that because with the vessel it gives me a tangible item to hold and focus on during meditation and I notice when I do that I can feel a much greater connection to my spirits. I think my fear with binding them to my spirit is loosing that tangible connection, or more accurately that tangible thing to focus on that allows me to feel that connection.

The biggest drawback to a physical vessel though is my fear of loosing it. For one of my spirits I wear his vessel every day and carry it with me everywhere because I always want to feel that connection but because of that I'm really paranoid that I might loose or damage it, especially if I travel. However I've also heard that binding to spirit allows the spirit/entity greater access and influence over your own energy which sounds a little intimidating, although with this particular spirit wouldn't be a deal breaker I just really want to know exactly what to expect.

So what are some of your personal experiences. What things do you like about one or the other, what things do you not like, and for those who've done both, do you notice any real difference?
Here's my own perspective...

Positive things about vessels (including MVs)

- you can put them away from you if/when the energy is too intense; or the spirit acts up or is too in your face;

- this is particularly useful with DA spirits if you're having acclimation symptoms, or even with WA spirits if your/their energy interaction is intense, or the spirit acts up or is too in your face;

- or if you're not sure how a conjurer/seller's work affects you;

- with CH orders, you can have the vessel bridged to you. That way you can connect with the binding or spirit any time and from anywhere. (You don't need to take the vessel with you - even a Master Vessel.)

- If the MV is bridged to you, any binding on it is too. CH bridging is the key to not losing their vessels.

Positive things about binding to spirit

- you won't lose the vessel;

- you can connect any time, anywhere.

Downsides of binding to spirit

- you can't put the vessel away from you, if the energy or acclimation symptoms are to intense or the spirit acts up, or is too in your face;

- ditto, if the conjurer/seller is not expert/reliable and does a bad job; you'd need ask them to unbind; (this relates to the importance of vetting sellers extremely carefully before allowing them to bind something to your spirit);

- however, in terms of discipline, there are also subduing secrets for some DA spirits and the CH DA Guidance book has a spell to block a bound spirit for a limited period.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
Neter
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 50
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angels
If I could be anything, I would be...: Angel
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: LillithEve
Zodiac:

I have all of my Companions and spells on MV as well as bridged to me. I use the bridging stone from CH for anything that I order outside of CH. I also have vessels for all of them. For my Companions, I like knowing that they have a space in my Keep that is all their own. For spells, I like having a physical vessel to focus on in my hand when using a specific spell.

0:) >:) ||.||
mochi.icecream
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Shapeshifter
My magical/paranormal name...: ☯️ Aqua Fractalyne ☯️

All but 2 of my bound companions (I might be up to 100 companions now after all the sales lol oops) are bound to spirit. I dont have much trouble sensing them (i've sensed spirits all my life, though I didn't know it back then). I do sometimes find myself confused about which spirit is which from time to time because some have similar energies (my male elf companion R has a similar energy to my human companion S), similar appearances (why do so many of my critters have white fur), or have similar manifestations (warm spots being the hardest for me to discern - is it my cat, my kitsune, my unicorn, or my phoenix?). Add into the mix the fact that my kitsune loves to shape shift and I can have a hard time figuring out if he's just manifesting as a polar bear today or if there's an unbound the guardian spirits let visit lol

they/them

Nimari
new here
new here
Zodiac:

FrostLightDjinn wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:11 pm I use my 3 body binding box with my spirits and spells. The results are intense and I'm very happy with it. I do notice things have a stronger impact and interaction in my world /on me, communication is much easier.
Thank you for the response, I’ll definitely look into the box as what you described is pretty much what I am looking for and was kind of hoping to achieve with a spirit binding.

After using the box does it make the vessel null and void? Or is the box more so a tool to strengthen the bond but does nothing to the vessel itself?

Nimari
new here
new here
Zodiac:

Lewk wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:52 am
- with CH orders, you can have the vessel bridged to you. That way you can connect with the binding or spirit any time and from anywhere. (You don't need to take the vessel with you - even a Master Vessel.)

Positive things about binding to spirit

- you can connect any time, anywhere.
This has been another thing I havent been fully clear on, the difference between bridging and binding to spirit. All my bindings have been done through CH so they are all bridged to me, does that mean that they are already essentially bound to my spirit?

Return to “Spirit Keeping”