venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampires
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
Zodiac:

I am considering getting the time travel binding:
http://shop.creepyhollows.com/product.p ... t=0&page=1
I'm also getting the dynamic discovery orb though,which has the journeying binding. Do you think I should get the time travel binding or is it overkill? I want to use both to astral travel in human history, I'm not currently interested in visiting other dimensions. Opinions?

Think you've seen it all? Think again. Outside those doors, we might see anything. We could find new worlds, terrifying monsters, impossible things. And if you come with me... nothing will ever be the same again!

Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: experienced
Zodiac:

I want to say that journeying has more of an emphasis on travelling to other dimensions - even though it can encompass other times. If you want to focus primarily on time travel you should go for a binding that centers on that perhaps exclusively, so it is easier to control the outcome.

It wouldn't be overkill to have both available to you as the intent is different with each.. and as stated, with a more specific time travel binding you can be sure that's what you'll experience when it is activated. It also wouldn't be absolutely necessary to have both, but I think it would be beneficial if you're not interested in anything beyond time travel at the moment. With journeying you can't quite be sure of what will happen..where you will end up - your intent isn't always strong enough to steer things in a specific direction and this could complicate things for you if you aren't currently open to experiencing all directions of journeying.

-arianna-
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Thanks for the info. I have one more question: the time travel binding has an option for WA, DA or neither of the two. How would the choice affect the way it works? If, for example, I were to choose WA it would only take me to something pleasant? If I were to choose neither of the two would it randomly take me somewhere or would I be able to choose if I'll use it as WA or DA? The reason I'm asking is because I have some periods and events on my list of where I would like to try to travel but not all of them are very pleasant,some are a bit darker and more depressing. A friend of mine though recently had an issue of randomly astral travelling in her sleep to different past lives of hers and she viewed some pretty terrible situations, including a past life where she was visiously tortured during WWII, so I'm a bit afraid of where I could end up if I choose the option for both WA and DA.

Think you've seen it all? Think again. Outside those doors, we might see anything. We could find new worlds, terrifying monsters, impossible things. And if you come with me... nothing will ever be the same again!

Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

-arianna- wrote:Thanks for the info. I have one more question: the time travel binding has an option for WA, DA or neither of the two. How would the choice affect the way it works? If, for example, I were to choose WA it would only take me to something pleasant? If I were to choose neither of the two would it randomly take me somewhere or would I be able to choose if I'll use it as WA or DA? The reason I'm asking is because I have some periods and events on my list of where I would like to try to travel but not all of them are very pleasant,some are a bit darker and more depressing. A friend of mine though recently had an issue of randomly astral travelling in her sleep to different past lives of hers and she viewed some pretty terrible situations, including a past life where she was visiously tortured during WWII, so I'm a bit afraid of where I could end up if I choose the option for both WA and DA.
Basically yeah, if you chose WA it would take you to times or events in time which give off an overall lighter and positive energy, or expose you only to the lighter side of these times.
If you chose DA it would focus on that which encompasses duality and commonly a focus of darker/duplicitous periods or events, or exposure to the darker side of a time in particular.

If you chose neither (neutral), it would be either WA or DA-focused at any given use. You'd just have as much of a chance for very light experiences, as you would darker experiences. Allowance of both to occur.
I don't believe this option allows you to choose which you want to activate at each use. It doesn't mention code words or anything in the listing, as it does for some items, so I don't think you are granted that level of control over the binding. However, if you focus your intent well enough, you could still have a similar amount of control with practice.

Here is my suggestion - if you are interested in having both types of experiences then go for the neutral option. If you aren't feeling exceptionally adventurous about it and are fearful of where you could end up when you aren't prepared for such darkness, in the notes upon placing your order for this item, request code words for control over that if possible (to activate different options)... as they may be able to do that for you.
If they cannot apply that for you, then simply work on controlling it through practice as I mentioned, and perhaps ask for a little assistance from spirits with that. It will work out fine either way.

-arianna-
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Thanks for the advice, this was really helpful. I'll ask about code words and if it cannot be done I'll probably get it with WA only and if overtime I manage to have more control of where I travel then I'll consider getting one more binding with dual energy. I don't want to risk getting the dual energy binding just yet cause I'm afraid that my worries will not let the binding work properly. I have randomly astral travelled to the past before but it seems that when I concentrate on trying to go to a particular time and place all my worries start appearing and the time travel can't take place. I hope this binding will help with that, together with the portal for the last 500 years that I ordered.

Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

-arianna- wrote:Thanks for the advice, this was really helpful. I'll ask about code words and if it cannot be done I'll probably get it with WA only and if overtime I manage to have more control of where I travel then I'll consider getting one more binding with dual energy. I don't want to risk getting the dual energy binding just yet cause I'm afraid that my worries will not let the binding work properly. I have randomly astral travelled to the past before but it seems that when I concentrate on trying to go to a particular time and place all my worries start appearing and the time travel can't take place. I hope this binding will help with that, together with the portal for the last 500 years that I ordered.
Well do what feels best for you. I hope you have great success with your next attempts, and get what you seek out of these experiences.

Worries can inhibit progress, this is true. I don't feel you have much to be worried about, but understand that you probably need time to work through these things and strengthen your control over this kind of astral travel before opening yourself up to all that is out there - which is a wise move.

What time periods in particular are you interested in? Time travel is quite a fascinating practice.

-arianna-
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Well, I would like to visit Vienna when Mozart was alive. I have always felt very close to him and I got a binding of him recently and I'd like to go back to see if some of my theories about him are true. I also have a fascination with the Cold War period. Further back in the past I'd sure like to visit ancient Egypt and also Sparta in Greece during the Persian wars. There are many more time periods and places I'd like to travel to but these currently stand out to me at the moment.

CDS
new here
new here
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 18
My super power would be...: Ability to fly

Hi Arianna, hope you're well! I know these are old posts, but would be great to know your (or from someone else that had this opportunity) experience with this binding. I am very interested in this topic. Thank you in advance!

Return to “Magickals/Enchanted”