Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 60
Your favorite spirit to work with: White Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Gold Dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Ashen-Shugar
Zodiac:

I took ALL of my enchanted pieces and copied them onto a silver chain, so I only need to wear the chain, and one of my rings to have ALL of my bindings actually with me all the time. The question I have is............If I have multiple spelled pieces with spells for wealth and prosperity, and multiple spelled pieces for good luck and bad luck reversal..........will these enchantments work together to enhance the power of the enchantments, sort of like a trifecta if there are three or more of the same type of spell? I don't know if the pieces have any of the same spells on them, but I'm betting if they do, the same spell won't be enhanced unless it's by a similiar spell, since the same spells prob. won't "stack"........am I right on that?

"Be not afraid of greatness. Some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them." - Malvolio from Shakespeare's "Twelfth Night"

"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it" - Mark Twain

"Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of congress; but I repeat myself" -Mark Twain
Bunni
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: Phoenix
If I could be anything, I would be...: Fluffy marshmallow!
My super power would be...: Anti-Gravity

Fearlesswolf wrote:I took ALL of my enchanted pieces and copied them onto a silver chain, so I only need to wear the chain, and one of my rings to have ALL of my bindings actually with me all the time. The question I have is............If I have multiple spelled pieces with spells for wealth and prosperity, and multiple spelled pieces for good luck and bad luck reversal..........will these enchantments work together to enhance the power of the enchantments, sort of like a trifecta if there are three or more of the same type of spell? I don't know if the pieces have any of the same spells on them, but I'm betting if they do, the same spell won't be enhanced unless it's by a similiar spell, since the same spells prob. won't "stack"........am I right on that?
Well, they will certainly not conflict ;)

They will compliment and support one another where appropriate - depending on what situation you're in, one might work stronger/more influentially than the other.

If you have multiples of the same spell, sometimes, each can work on a different aspect of what they were made for. Put it this way - it's not always a complete waste to have more of the same spell.

- Bun / Bunni

~Cthulhu fhtagn~

~"All Paths are Riddled Absurdities... Explore them with Great Objectivity."
~"No amount of experimentation can ever prove me right; a single experiment can prove me wrong." A. Einstein
~"The Reverse side also has a Reverse side" Japanese Proverb
DAILY MANTRA ~ "Look Both Ways Before Crossing"
Fearlesswolf
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 60
Your favorite spirit to work with: White Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Gold Dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Ashen-Shugar
Zodiac:

Well, I also have the reclaim binding, so I made the copies onto the chain, then reclaimed the original pieces to work on different aspects........So I'm hoping that the combination will SUPER strong lol

"Be not afraid of greatness. Some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them." - Malvolio from Shakespeare's "Twelfth Night"

"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it" - Mark Twain

"Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of congress; but I repeat myself" -Mark Twain
Bunni
venerated member
venerated member
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: Phoenix
If I could be anything, I would be...: Fluffy marshmallow!
My super power would be...: Anti-Gravity

Fearlesswolf wrote:Well, I also have the reclaim binding, so I made the copies onto the chain, then reclaimed the original pieces to work on different aspects........So I'm hoping that the combination will SUPER strong lol
Sounds like it will do just that, then :thumbup: Test it out!

- Bun / Bunni

~Cthulhu fhtagn~

~"All Paths are Riddled Absurdities... Explore them with Great Objectivity."
~"No amount of experimentation can ever prove me right; a single experiment can prove me wrong." A. Einstein
~"The Reverse side also has a Reverse side" Japanese Proverb
DAILY MANTRA ~ "Look Both Ways Before Crossing"
InfernalNachos
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 3
Spelled Number: 4
Your favorite spirit to work with: Djinn
If I could be anything, I would be...: Something Fuzzy...
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Personal

Necroing this thread and adding my own questions to it.

I get that the OP is asking primarily about duplicates of the same spell, and all of this made perfect sense in that aspect, so... good to know...

But is there a possibility of any mixture of spells/spelled items that would conflict? For example, I routinely have to ground being an air sign and I am the stereotypical air sign, trust me lol. So I seek out a spell to aid me in keeping one foot on the ground. Yet I want to learn to Astral project. So I seek out said spell to aid in this endeavor. As I see them being as strict opposites (I do recognize that the 2 are integral to the other, but I do see them as being in juxtaposition) is there a chance that they could conflict or cancel each other out?

That was purely hypothetical (I haven't the slightest inclination to Astral project), I just reached out for something that seemed in opposition. Insert whatever would need to be inserted for it to make sense to you.

The base question is is there a potential for conflicts and could those conflicts be and how would one avoid that?

Thanks in advance

Do nothing that is of no use.
-Miyamoto Musashi, The Book of the Five Rings-

Why waste magick on something you could easily achieve through time, effort and dedication?

Beware the noobsauce (take with salt)
Soltari
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 7
My super power would be...: Ability to fly

Beware the noobsauce here (heh) but I would have to think yes Nachos. If you grab a bunch of helium balloons to fly while adding metal weights to keep you on the ground...mixed results or a nullification of each other.
If the spells come with command words activation/deactivation would seem to be the simplest solution. Failing that disempowering/detangling/insert word and/or method of choice that works with your process for what you want active. Deactivating your grounding spells at night while activating the astral, and the reverse for day

If you're not capable of great violence you can't call yourself peaceful...only harmless

Proud member of a spirit family
InfernalNachos
neophyte
neophyte

And that seems to be simple common sense in my brain, Soltari. But I gotta admit, in the past few days, I've seen a lot of "common sense" posts that made me step back and go "uhuh..."

Super humbling, in fact.

But the elaboration of my initial question would be why isn't there a readily available beginner's thread on this subject? It could very realistically be the cause of current or future strife. Unless I am horribly mistaken here.

And I feel it necessary to say that I have not been experiencing this as of yet. It is just a concern of mine as my spirit family will not be growing much any time soon and I will be beginning to focus on spelled/enchanted objects for the foreseeable future.

Maybe it exists and I can't find it?

Why waste magick on something you could easily achieve through time, effort and dedication?

Regholdain
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human. :)
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

CH's "spell and magick tips & support" FAQ on the shop addresses this, specifically with the bindings that they sell. Essentially, you can blend together many spell bindings from them and they will work together. One example they give is if you have a Third Eye spell and a Protection Spell, when you do a third eye meditation, the spell will help boost that and the protection spell will help provide protection of your third eye during the work.

The other thing to remember is that you should place your intent behind the spells to provide them focus anyways. So if you want help being grounded in general, but also want astral travel support, I don't really see those as opposing forces. Like maybe the grounding binding would simply work with the astral travel binding to help provide a stronger connection to the earth as needed during the astral travel, not outright oppose it.

You could always just ask CH about possible conflicts before making purchases. In addition, I think they do have an option where you can add code words to any bindings you purchase that don't normally require them. That way you could activate/deactivate stuff if you're that concerned about possible conflicts.

X..X Memento Mori X..X
*>* Memento Vivere *>*

"I look upon death to be as necessary to our constitution as sleep. We shall rise refreshed in the morning." - Benjamin Franklin
InfernalNachos
neophyte
neophyte

Solid advice, as usual, Reg.

I feel the need to reiterate that those are not my specific bindings in question (I don't have any) it's just a general question as I lean away from spirited items to spelled items for a period in time.

I do always get the dynamic option on CH bindings (if available), so I feel that this would automatically adjust as my needs do. And many of their bindings that come without activation/deactivation words are advertised as having the para-technology to activate when needed.

Could just be my understanding tho

Return to “Magickals/Enchanted”