removing people's influence

Vipera aspis atra
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Answers: 0
You are...: a master
Zodiac:

The more you understand your personal responses to the influence of others, the more you can develop self control and immediately subdue the significance of how they affect you. Sure there are magics that you can use to subdue their influence or alter it, certainly try that if you need support - but that support will probably bring you to see more clearly that the power you have over yourself is most important.

Ultimately you can't really control the actions or attitudes of others, you can control your actions and attitudes.
I know this sounds hippy-dippy, but practice gratitude. Every time you feel yourself being brought down by the people around you, try to think about what it is you love about them or what it is you're getting from your living situation that benefits you. This provides a gateway into softening your cognitive as well as physiological response to the stresses they may bring, and from there you can consciously input new responses.

You've mentioned they are frustrating and controlling, try to think about the freedoms you have or the things about your environment that make you feel at ease and invest more into those aspects to counter what is problematic. Over time this will build and as your perspective changes, and your reaction changes, your environment will align with that and the people around you may soften as well.

As you're practicing this, work on your personal plans to remove yourself from the situation - which will place you in your own sphere of being and further disassociate from their influence.
I'm not sure of your age or financial status, but if you can eventually leave that atmosphere then you have something to aspire toward and what you're going through right now will hold a somewhat different meaning to you once you are out of that atmosphere. Think about whatever you'd miss having if you weren't in the position you are and appreciate it as much as possible while you can.
Your elder family members won't be around forever. Unless they are abusive people I think it's worth attempting to move into a state of wisdom where you can make the most of what you have currently been provided with. Again, I think you'd be surprised how much this could ultimately soften they and your surroundings to the point where the problem disappears anyway.

"There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it."
—Oscar Wilde
Thyr
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 34
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demonic
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

Vipera aspis atra wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 10:22 pm You've mentioned they are frustrating and controlling, try to think about the freedoms you have or the things about your environment that make you feel at ease and invest more into those aspects to counter what is problematic. Over time this will build and as your perspective changes, and your reaction changes, your environment will align with that and the people around you may soften as well.
This.
Rethinking can be a key.
My oldest son is hypersensitive and kind of hyperactive (no ADHD), what can be extremely draining and a real challenge on a dayily basis. I red a lot of guidebooks and articles and the best advice (for me) was to take all his traits that my mind marks as negative, because they are impacting me and rephrase them into positive words.
Like when he's acting totally selfish he's actually taking good care of himself and his needs. I use the same way of thinking towards my mother and it helps me a lot to deal with all her negativity.

¤ ωε nεvεr ωαlk αlonε ¤
cairngorn
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 3

Ultimately you can't really control the actions or attitudes of others, you can control your actions and attitudes.
I know this sounds hippy-dippy, but practice gratitude. Every time you feel yourself being brought down by the people around you, try to think about what it is you love about them or what it is you're getting from your living situation that benefits you. This provides a gateway into softening your cognitive as well as physiological response to the stresses they may bring, and from there you can consciously input new responses.
I don't think that's a soppy suggestion at all. Gratitude can be very helpful. I actually go that route a lot. Sometimes it helps remind me to have a better attitude. Sometimes my anger makes me feel like sinking into the floor in shame because they're all good people, basically and I can name all their good qualities. My situation is good in a lot of ways as well. I say they're holding me back, but behind all that the main thing keeping me stuck is myself. I am taking shaky steps towards distancing myself.

Return to “Magickals/Enchanted”