If you saw ghosts as a kid does that mean you should have psychic powers, or no?

WaterSunFireRising
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 3
Spelled Number: 6
If I could be anything, I would be...: Angel
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

If you saw ghosts as a kid does that mean you should have psychic powers, or no?

Post by WaterSunFireRising »

Hi! Just wondering people's opinions on this.

If you had lots of paranormal experiences as a kid surrounding you (and not necessarily the environment) does that mean that as an adult you should have some kind of psychic power? Or should have some kind of ability to, or better chances of, communicating with the paranormal?

I know children in general are very open to the paranormal...

But I'm asking because I had some big experiences as a kid but now with my bound spirit companions I'm pretty deaf when it comes to feeling their presence and communicating.
I'm just looking for some encouragement I guess to develop my skills and am wondering what people think about this. Was I just lucky as a kid or do I have a latent gift?

Is the anyone here who had powers as a kid, lost them, and then got them back through practice or out of the blue?
What do ya'll think on this?
Thanks! (:

If you keep telling an angel that she's beautiful, eventually she's going to pay you a visit to prove you right so you never stop saying it ^-^

"Have you ever known a cat to do what you told it to do? I can tell you, they just do what they want."

Lewk
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 165
Spelled Number: 160
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Easthorse Indigo

Re: If you saw ghosts as a kid does that mean you should have psychic powers, or no?

Post by Lewk »

There is a fairly widely held view that all people are essentially psychic - or maybe I should say capable of developing their latent abilities at any stage of life if they are not currently active.

From that point of view, I think the tips & advice in the Creepy Hollows key articles on spirit connection and communication will help.

https://shop.creepyhollows.com/spirit-k ... nners.html (from How Do I Communicate With My Spirit onwards)

https://www.creepyhollows.com/faq/index ... artlang=en

Don’t be scared. This island is full of noises, strange sounds and sweet melodies that make you feel good and don’t hurt anyone. Sometimes I hear a thousand twanging instruments hum at my ears, and sometimes voices that send me back to sleep even if I had just woken up—and then I dreamed of clouds opening up and dropping such riches on me that when I woke up, I cried because I wanted to dream again. Caliban, The Tempest, Shakespeare
\/

WaterSunFireRising
neophyte
neophyte

Re: If you saw ghosts as a kid does that mean you should have psychic powers, or no?

Lewk wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:36 am
There is a fairly widely held view that all people are essentially psychic - or maybe I should say capable of developing their latent abilities at any stage of life if they are not currently active.

From that point of view, I think the tips & advice in the Creepy Hollows key articles on spirit connection and communication will help.

https://shop.creepyhollows.com/spirit-k ... nners.html (from How Do I Communicate With My Spirit onwards)

https://www.creepyhollows.com/faq/index ... artlang=en
Yes, I've heard that too.
I used to be really connected to my spirituality but I recently lost that connection through some poor life choices. It's been having me feeling down because I swear if I discovered Spirit Keeping a few years ago things would be pretty different for me.

But I'm just venting now :p

Thanks for your help Lewk! Don't know why I need so many second opinions but I do lol. Gonna refresh myself with those articles ^_^

If you keep telling an angel that she's beautiful, eventually she's going to pay you a visit to prove you right so you never stop saying it ^-^

"Have you ever known a cat to do what you told it to do? I can tell you, they just do what they want."

Lewk
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 165
Spelled Number: 160
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Easthorse Indigo

Post by Lewk »

WaterSunFireRising wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:09 am
Yes, I've heard that too.
I used to be really connected to my spirituality but I recently lost that connection through some poor life choices. It's been having me feeling down because I swear if I discovered Spirit Keeping a few years ago things would be pretty different for me.

But I'm just venting now :p

Thanks for your help Lewk! Don't know why I need so many second opinions but I do lol. Gonna refresh myself with those articles ^_^
That sounds good. Those articles are well worth returning to again and again.

I've had that disconnection because of life events and the need to reconnect with my spirituality too. But for me it took the form of becoming more psychically sensitive, at the same time as being prey to negative energies etc. So it has been more about reconnecting with the positive side of my spirituality and finding stability and balance.

Don’t be scared. This island is full of noises, strange sounds and sweet melodies that make you feel good and don’t hurt anyone. Sometimes I hear a thousand twanging instruments hum at my ears, and sometimes voices that send me back to sleep even if I had just woken up—and then I dreamed of clouds opening up and dropping such riches on me that when I woke up, I cried because I wanted to dream again. Caliban, The Tempest, Shakespeare
\/

WaterSunFireRising
neophyte
neophyte

Lewk wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:56 pm
That sounds good. Those articles are well worth returning to again and again.

I've had that disconnection because of life events and the need to reconnect with my spirituality too. But for me it took the form of becoming more psychically sensitive, at the same time as being prey to negative energies etc. So it has been more about reconnecting with the positive side of my spirituality and finding stability and balance.
Definitely!

Oh I think I remember you mentioning that to me in another thread a while back. That's good you found a way to get back on track. And hopefully becoming more sensitive ended up being a good thing for you! (:

Return to “Paranormal Energy”