Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: No favorites, sorry
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sane
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Somethin' snazzy I suppose
Zodiac:

Wizard wrote:Most likely akin to a wraith anyways, or like a more ‘social’ wraith that used to be human.

Is it a good idea or not to get one if you don’t plan to have any ‘revenge’ tasks but they can act to protect you when you are in danger asap?

Do you think there are some who are different and just want somebody to talk to, spend time around, share things/knowledge etc?
Not sure if you wanted my two cents but here it is!

First off I agree with Alys, some energies don't mix. For example I looked at a listing for a zombie vampire hybrid and felt pretty sick and wound up having to pass it up, despite feeling as if it was a calling in the beginning. I don't think this is me being prejudiced, I just like not feeling like crap - - - and if I work better with other Spirits, what's wrong with that? Lol

As for whether a Spirit wants something other than what it's generally listed for or gearing towards...all Spirits have a personality of their own. Some are social, some aren't. Some want close connections and some don't. Since the Spirit your asking about is assumed to be similar to a Wraith, I don't think they'd wanna cuddle up with you and chat about your latest book series...but I'm sure they'd tolerate you wanting to connect with them.

You might want to email the seller if you do decide on a listing, and see if there's anyone who does want the sort of connection your asking for. Wraiths - - - and I'd assume similar therein - - - seem to be extremely work oriented. So they'd probably prefer a job over a talk by the camp fire, but that's just my assumption.

I have a Guardian of sorts I call E who seems to be the strong silent type. I know he knows what I expect from him (Security, Protection, etc) and I'm sure he doesn't expect much for it outside of respect, but that doesn't mean I don't occasionally talk with him, tell him I appreciate him, and share a milkshake with him every once and awhile. I know it isn't his style, but he tolerates it, and I'm betting that maybe even a tiny sliver of him is happy about it. Even if he doesn't directly show it. Because it shows I see him as an equal, and that I respect him. I think that's generally appreciated no matter the type of Spirit.

Granted something more akin to a Volkh or Fylgia might be even more job focused and distant as far as social aspects go, but simply saying a thank you is still nice all the same. The only Spirits I think find it insulting or unsavory are Spirits such as Brownies, who take a lot of offerings as insults. Though maybe I read that article wrong...

But anyway, I'm rambling now.
Hope I managed to shed some light.
If not, I'm sure Alys will do a better job.

Alys-RaccoonReadings
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: a practitioner
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Alys
Zodiac:

Ishvala wrote:If not, I'm sure Alys will do a better job.
NO PRESSURE!

It is possible. You have a timeline/series of foreseeable choices.

The first choice is whether to ask the conjurer that question now. Or what the spirit wants from this relationship. Personally I would have asked the first one on the front end; and, if the second wasn't clear from the conjuration notes, then I'd ask about that. But you aren't question-averse (and that's a good thing! not a criticism!) so I feel like you may have asked the conjurer that front end question already. If not, now's the time. Either way, the conjurer's answers should carry vastly more weight than ours.

The next choice is whether to ask the conjurer their thoughts on the nausea or to just keep plugging on and see if it dissipates. Given that your nausea is not isolated to this context, I would be inclined to do the latter, myself. At this point, do give some thought as to what your next steps are if the nausea never dissipates. Consider a timeframe. Also just think about what would have to happen for you to give up on undead energy exposures. You do not need to come up with your final answers at this point. You just need to start thinking about these things realistically so you are in a position to deal with that situation should it arise--that's all.

The third choice is that if it doesn't dissipate over a significant period of time you then have to really make decisions about all the things I just suggested you consider. And it'll just have to be a good or least-bad choice for you and your spirit. You can choose either of those, by the way. Never let best be the enemy of good.

It's your path. You'll have to make all the choices and commit. You're in a rubber-meets-the-road position here where there's nothing we can tell you that's better than what you can do for yourself through your own careful and critical thought.

Alys-RaccoonReadings
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Oh. And. It seems like a really great time to remind you that the question/process, rather than the answer/result, might end up being the point. :)

Muse
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Your favorite spirit to work with: No favorites, sorry
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sane
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Somethin' snazzy I suppose
Zodiac:

See? Told ya she'd do a good job. ;)

Alys-RaccoonReadings
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

1d

Regholdain
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human. :)
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

You should look into death energy, the death current, and death daemon (meaning immortals associate with death) if you may interested in branching out in that way. The nausea could certainly be a side-affect of experiencing such energy when you are not accustomed to it.

As for wraiths, based on what I've read here they are amazing protectors and typically anti-social. You can set house rules to limit how "revengeful" they are in that protection of you. They are not social and are more like silent body guards from what I understand, but I don't have one so take that with a grain of salt.

X..X Memento Mori X..X
*>* Memento Vivere *>*

"I look upon death to be as necessary to our constitution as sleep. We shall rise refreshed in the morning." - Benjamin Franklin
Regholdain
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human. :)
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

Oh, and on the subject of incompatible energies, you can always look into connecting with portals that allow energies to come to you, rather than spirits. That way you can experiment with what energies you may be incompatible with before bringing a spirit home. Just a thought.

X..X Memento Mori X..X
*>* Memento Vivere *>*

"I look upon death to be as necessary to our constitution as sleep. We shall rise refreshed in the morning." - Benjamin Franklin
Alys-RaccoonReadings
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Regholdain wrote:Oh, and on the subject of incompatible energies, you can always look into connecting with portals that allow energies to come to you, rather than spirits. That way you can experiment with what energies you may be incompatible with before bringing a spirit home. Just a thought.
That’s a great idea.

Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

Here’s an idea, if you set a goal of acclimating yourself to energies that are currently a source of discomfort like death, change, entropy, rotting...

Take up composting, and use it to grow a garden. This is a way to witness the process of how the decomposition of one thing can bring life to something else. Bonus if your garden grows veggies and you eat some, joining yourself with the process in a material way.

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
Ellie44
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 55
Spelled Number: 4

Regholdain wrote:You should look into death energy, the death current, and death daemon (meaning immortals associate with death) if you may interested in branching out in that way. The nausea could certainly be a side-affect of experiencing such energy when you are not accustomed to it.

As for wraiths, based on what I've read here they are amazing protectors and typically anti-social. You can set house rules to limit how "revengeful" they are in that protection of you. They are not social and are more like silent body guards from what I understand, but I don't have one so take that with a grain of salt.
My wraith is absolutely amazing. I so adore him and he's extremely protective.....and vindictive haha.

Return to “Paranormal Energy”