Daciana
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Answers: 0
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: All
If I could be anything, I would be...: Just Me 😊
Zodiac:

So this peanut butter thing is really interesting to me. I haven't had my gargoyle for very long, but I have done a lot of reading here on the forums about them. I heard they loved peanut butter . Here are the things my garg likes=
Nutty Bars . He asked me for One recently and swooped down , grabbed it and flew to the roof.
Another interesting like of his: take thickly sliced dill pickles, rinse them, and dry them off really well with paper towels (he doesnt like the juice) and put a dollop of peanut butter on each one. I dunno what it is about this that he loves so much because it sounds erm.. 🀒 but he turns into a crazed peanut butter pickle fiend, crashing into the room and last second gently taking it, and then devours it. He said he's not the only gargoyle who likes this unusual meal. So I thought I'd share with you guys..lol
I'd love to hear if anyone else's gargoyle likes or dislikes it !

πŸ¦‡β™¦οΈπŸ¦‡
Tsugi
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: in the learning process
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

Nutty bars β€” My gargoyle says they're okay, not his favourite though. Then he showed me a vision of a peanut butter nutty bar lol, says that's another story and he'd gladly have it as a treat.

Pickles with peanut butter β€” That...at first don't sound like a fitting combination but it could work? I'd try it some day. He chimed in saying that he'd love it too, he prefers the zesty juicy type though. He's always like PB with zesty blueberry jam so he's down with PB&P too xD

Daciana
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

Tsugi wrote: ↑Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:52 pm Nutty bars β€” My gargoyle says they're okay, not his favourite though. Then he showed me a vision of a peanut butter nutty bar lol, says that's another story and he'd gladly have it as a treat.

Pickles with peanut butter β€” That...at first don't sound like a fitting combination but it could work? I'd try it some day. He chimed in saying that he'd love it too, he prefers the zesty juicy type though. He's always like PB with zesty blueberry jam so he's down with PB&P too xD
This is awesome! Haha

πŸ¦‡β™¦οΈπŸ¦‡
VanNocturne
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: ...it's a secret!
My magical/paranormal name...: ...it's also a secret.

0x. My Gargoyle Spirit Friend LOVES Reeses! I mean, LOVES Reeses! And I don't blame Him! XD: And He's picky with His PB cups. Case in point;

I took My Spirit Family up to the Cemetery in Sleepy Hollow this past Yule, and since We took the train, We had to stop in Grand Central Terminal to catch Our connecting train. I needed snacks, so We popped into a Rite Aid to stock up. Now I much prefer Ocho Bars to Reeses simply because Ocho Bars don't make me feel like I'm downing an entire cup of acidic sugar when I swallow them. Reeses on the other hand have this effect on me after not being able to eat them after having had been vegan for 7 years. (I got used to the Justin's brand of PB cups, and sunflower butter cups.) We were in the Rite Aid, and He saw that I grabbed 5 Peanut Butter Milk Chocolate Ocho Bars instead of Reeses. I heard Him say "I want Reeses!".

I told Him "But bro, these are the same thing as Reeses, just in bar form, and they have more peanut butter than Reeses does anyway."

"No, I want Reeses! Buy me Reeses!"

He accepted the Ocho Bars after I ate a couple and told Him He can take energy from them. But He still LOVES His Reeses! I've seen huge packages of 2 half pound cups at local 7-11s, and I've wanted to buy them for Him, but they're very expensive! I've seen them for anywhere from $12 to roughly $20! Ridiculous! I might buy some from Amazon for cheaper. During Samhain I He asked me to purchase a large bag of the pumpkin Reeses, and Walgreens was having a buy one get one free sale, so I got two bags. He was thrilled!! =3:

As far as anything else, supposedly Gargoyles like butter. My Gargoyle Friend one time seemed excited about me heating up some mashed potatoes with a lot of added butter, but as for straight up plain butter, I haven't noticed anything. I have a huge jar of Skippy peanut butter in my cup board for Him, but I think He just really loves His Reeses. 0x.

|..| Hail Thyself |..|
Daciana
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

Thanks for sharing, VanNocturne ;)
It's strange to me, the peanut butter craze. I tolerated peanut butter before I met my gargoyles. Now I put it on everything from cookies to fresh apples.. I think they enjoy it through me as well.
I buy the jiff cups and serve them just like that, or spread some onto a peanut butter cookie.
One of my Gargoyles loves cake , cake pops and cupcakes. I saw a peanut butter Reese's cake at the store and had to run away fast before they made me buy an entire family sized cake 🀣

VanNocturne wrote: ↑Wed Jan 05, 2022 12:16 am 0x. My Gargoyle Spirit Friend LOVES Reeses! I mean, LOVES Reeses! And I don't blame Him! XD: And He's picky with His PB cups. Case in point;

I took My Spirit Family up to the Cemetery in Sleepy Hollow this past Yule, and since We took the train, We had to stop in Grand Central Terminal to catch Our connecting train. I needed snacks, so We popped into a Rite Aid to stock up. Now I much prefer Ocho Bars to Reeses simply because Ocho Bars don't make me feel like I'm downing an entire cup of acidic sugar when I swallow them. Reeses on the other hand have this effect on me after not being able to eat them after having had been vegan for 7 years. (I got used to the Justin's brand of PB cups, and sunflower butter cups.) We were in the Rite Aid, and He saw that I grabbed 5 Peanut Butter Milk Chocolate Ocho Bars instead of Reeses. I heard Him say "I want Reeses!".

I told Him "But bro, these are the same thing as Reeses, just in bar form, and they have more peanut butter than Reeses does anyway."

He accepted the Ocho Bars after I ate a couple and told Him He can take energy from them. But He still LOVES His Reeses! I've seen huge packages of 2 half pound cups at local 7-11s, and I've wanted to buy them for Him, but they're very expensive! I've seen them for anywhere from $12 to roughly $20! Ridiculous! I might buy some from Amazon for cheaper. During Samhain I He asked me to purchase a large bag of the pumpkin Reeses, and Walgreens was having a buy one get one free sale, so I got two bags. He was thrilled!! =3:

As far as anything else, supposedly Gargoyles like butter. My Gargoyle Friend one time seemed excited about me heating up some mashed potatoes with a lot of added butter, but as for straight up plain butter, I haven't noticed anything. I have a huge jar of Skippy peanut butter in my cup board for Him, but I think He just really loves His Reeses. 0x.

πŸ¦‡β™¦οΈπŸ¦‡
Whyme
active contributor
active contributor
Spelled Number: 1
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

As I read through this post, one of my gargoyles asked what a Reese's Cup is. I told him and now he wants one too! It looks like I'll be buying Reese's the next time I'm in town.

Life is more amazing when enriched with spirits. <3
VanNocturne
neophyte
neophyte

0x. Thank you for quoting me.

I thought the whole peanut butter thing was odd, since I'd never heard of any associations with Gargoyles and peanut butter. I'm wondering if it has to do with legumes? Since a peanut is a legume. I own a book on Gargoyles and I'll see if my book says anything about this.

As for buying things; I've noticed myself making more purchases since I began Spirit Keeping, and staying on topic, I've been buying even more bags of Reeses. Just last week I bought two bags-one christmas themed mini cups, and the other was valentines day themed. Both bags are gone and I will need to go out and buy a couple more.

Have you-or anyone here-noticed an increase of PB chocolate items in your kitchen since welcoming Gargoyles into your life? This past Thursday was "Mari Lwyd Day" and My Spirit Family and I celebrated Saturnalia style (meaning we let loose and had fun!). I indulged in edibles (I'm older than 25, and it's legal where I am). My Gargoyle Spirit Friend (and frankly I think all of them) convinced me to buy two pints of Ben and Jerry's from the local 7-11 through Uber Eats. One of the flavours was Topped PB Over the Top, which is just chocolate ice cream with mini pb cups, and a thick layer of deep chocolate fudge with pb cups sprinkled on top. That had my Gargoyle's name written all over it! 0x.
FrostLightDjinn wrote: ↑Wed Jan 05, 2022 7:49 am Thanks for sharing, VanNocturne ;)
It's strange to me, the peanut butter craze. I tolerated peanut butter before I met my gargoyles. Now I put it on everything from cookies to fresh apples.. I think they enjoy it through me as well.
I buy the jiff cups and serve them just like that, or spread some onto a peanut butter cookie.
One of my Gargoyles loves cake , cake pops and cupcakes. I saw a peanut butter Reese's cake at the store and had to run away fast before they made me buy an entire family sized cake 🀣

VanNocturne wrote: ↑Wed Jan 05, 2022 12:16 am 0x. My Gargoyle Spirit Friend LOVES Reeses! I mean, LOVES Reeses! And I don't blame Him! XD: And He's picky with His PB cups. Case in point;

|..| Hail Thyself |..|
Daciana
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

That is interesting about the legum thing. πŸ˜€ Has me curious as well.
That Ice cream sounds amazing.. which is odd for me because I'm not much of an ice cream or peanut butter fan.
I do purchase more peanut butter items since I have brought my gargoyles home. But they aren't as nuts for chocolate like they are for peanut butter. The cups I get have no chocolate, they are jiff pre served cups, just straight peanut butter. I have several boxes of these on hand all the time. I do remember buying a bunch of Halloween pumpkin shaped Reece's for them during a long drive I was having. I opened them up and served them on a plate in the back seat lol got some strange looks from the Gas station attendant from that.
Funny thing is they seemed more excited about our trip than the candy. They love car rides for some reason, and I was taking them to our nearby national forest waterfalls. They sit on the hood of my car or fly above.
VanNocturne wrote: ↑Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:59 pm 0x. Thank you for quoting me.

I thought the whole peanut butter thing was odd, since I'd never heard of any associations with Gargoyles and peanut butter. I'm wondering if it has to do with legumes? Since a peanut is a legume. I own a book on Gargoyles and I'll see if my book says anything about this.

As for buying things; I've noticed myself making more purchases since I began Spirit Keeping, and staying on topic, I've been buying even more bags of Reeses. Just last week I bought two bags-one christmas themed mini cups, and the other was valentines day themed. Both bags are gone and I will need to go out and buy a couple more.

Have you-or anyone here-noticed an increase of PB chocolate items in your kitchen since welcoming Gargoyles into your life? This past Thursday was "Mari Lwyd Day" and My Spirit Family and I celebrated Saturnalia style (meaning we let loose and had fun!). I indulged in edibles (I'm older than 25, and it's legal where I am). My Gargoyle Spirit Friend (and frankly I think all of them) convinced me to buy two pints of Ben and Jerry's from the local 7-11 through Uber Eats. One of the flavours was Topped PB Over the Top, which is just chocolate ice cream with mini pb cups, and a thick layer of deep chocolate fudge with pb cups sprinkled on top. That had my Gargoyle's name written all over it! 0x.
FrostLightDjinn wrote: ↑Wed Jan 05, 2022 7:49 am Thanks for sharing, VanNocturne ;)

πŸ¦‡β™¦οΈπŸ¦‡
VanNocturne
neophyte
neophyte

0x. FrostLightDjinn
Firstly, to prevent a loooong trial of responses, I'm replying to you like this. Feel free to quote this post if you'd like.

Second: We spiritual people do things that are "odd" to others who just don't get it. I'm in a similar situation. I get stares from people when I hold doors open for my Spirit Family. The other day I went into the 7-11 near my job, and held the door open for my new Arctic Werewolf Spirit Friend. Another guy thought I was holding the door open for him, and it actually almost caused a fight, because he took it as me thinking he was disabled or helpless. Ah well.

I will try the Jiffy single serving cups, as I'm sure they'll be cheaper (and healthier!) than stockpiling bags of Reeses.

As for transportation; I take the public bus. My Gargoyle Spirit Friend does not like to be in the bus with me. He flies just above the bus. Except when we had to take the subways in NYC, then He had to come in the subway car with all of Us. He didn't like it. 0x.

|..| Hail Thyself |..|
Daciana
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

VanNocturne wrote: ↑Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:21 pm 0x. FrostLightDjinn
Firstly, to prevent a loooong trial of responses, I'm replying to you like this. Feel free to quote this post if you'd like.

Second: We spiritual people do things that are "odd" to others who just don't get it. I'm in a similar situation. I get stares from people when I hold doors open for my Spirit Family. The other day I went into the 7-11 near my job, and held the door open for my new Arctic Werewolf Spirit Friend. Another guy thought I was holding the door open for him, and it actually almost caused a fight, because he took it as me thinking he was disabled or helpless. Ah well.

I will try the Jiffy single serving cups, as I'm sure they'll be cheaper (and healthier!) than stockpiling bags of Reeses.

As for transportation; I take the public bus. My Gargoyle Spirit Friend does not like to be in the bus with me. He flies just above the bus. Except when we had to take the subways in NYC, then He had to come in the subway car with all of Us. He didn't like it. 0x.
Oh gosh. It's such a nice gesture to have a door held open, what's this world coming to...lol
I almost got an Arctic wolf once. They sound amazing. My conjurer is in the process of tracking down an unbound werewolf who has been poking around. I've never had a WW in this life time so it should be exciting.
How does your ww get along with the others?

The peanut butter cups are great because you don't have to get a spoon dirty to give them a treat, and it's fast. I've been woken up in the night, opened a jiff cup, set it on the altar and zonked back out.

Sometimes I spread peanut butter onto a peanut butter cookie. (If my phone tries to change "peanut" to "insert-naughty-word--that-will-get-me-banned" here...πŸ€¬πŸ™„I swear..lol

For their anniversary I thought of getting the peanut butter cake for them.
Have you seen the peanut butter powder at the stores? They usually come in a big plastic jar . I have always wondered if they'd like that. Maybe peanut milk instead of chocolate milk? I try to find less messy , simple offerings because I live in a rig and don't always have access to a sink.

πŸ¦‡β™¦οΈπŸ¦‡

Return to β€œGargoyle”