venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: HARPY, PROMETHEUS
If I could be anything, I would be...: HUMAN, LOL
My super power would be...: Super speed

THIS DISCUSSION CAN ACTUALLY BE ATTRIBUTED TO OTHER RACES AS WELL, SUCH AS ELVES, DWARVES, FAE, ETC. THE RECESSIVE & DOMINANT TRAITS STAND NO MATTER THE PARENTS. HOWEVER, FOR THIS DISCUSSION IT'S THE EFFECT OF GENERATIONS IN TERMS OF BITE.

AS DISCUSSED IN THE "DISCLOSED: VAMPIRIC WOUNDS" THREAD I JUST BUMPED, VAMPIRES BITE FOR TWO REASONS; BITE TO KILL, BITE TO EAT ( :think: SIDE NOTE, I WONDER IF THAT'S WHERE THAT SAYING COMES FROM :lol: )

BUT, WHAT EFFECT DOES GENERATIONAL BITING HAVE ON HUMANS?

WHAT DO I MEAN?

LET'S TAKE A LOOK AT THE CRUDE NITTY-GRITTY OF DOMINANT & RECESSIVE GENES. WE'RE LOOKING AT THE BARE BONES HERE, I FULLY REALIZE THE ENTIRE SCOPE OF GENOTYPIC & PHENOTYPIC RESULTS ALONG WITH THE CODOMINANT & INCOMPLETE DOMINANCE PATTERNS RELATED TO THE DISCUSSION. BUT, FOR KEEPING IT EASY TO UNDERSTAND LET'S STICK TO THE BARE BONES.

1ST GENERATIONAL VAMPIRES LOOK LIKE THIS

2ND GENERATIONAL VAMPIRES LOOK LIKE THIS

THE "H" & "V" AT THE TOP REPRESENT THE GENES PASSED FROM A HUMAN-VAMPIRE HYBRID PARENT, AND THE "V" & "V" ALONG THE SIDE REPRESENT THE GENES PASSED FROM A PURE VAMPIRE PARENT. AS YOU CAN SEE, NO MATTER WHAT THE "V" GENE IS PRESENT, AND WILL SURFACE IN SOME WAY, SHAPE, OR FORM NO MATTER WHAT. IT COULD BE DRAMATIC, OR SUBTLE, DEPENDING.

YOU CAN SEE THAT WHEN MATED THE OFFSPRING HAS A 50% CHANCE OF BEING A "PURE VAMPIRE" & A 50% CHANCE OF BEING A HYBRID.

IF THE CHILD IS BORN AN "HV" AS BOTH THE HUMAN & THE VAMPIRE GENES ARE DOMINANT IT CREATES A CO-DOMINANT SITUATION WHERE THE OFFSPRING HAS A CHANCE TO BE MORE HUMAN THAN VAMPIRE, OR MORE VAMPIRE THAN HUMAN.

IF THE CHILD IS BORN "VV" IT HAS MORE THAN ANYTHING ELSE, VAMPIRIC TRAITS. THOUGH EVEN IN A "VV" SITUATION THE FACT THAT THE "H" WAS EVER A CONSIDERATION IN THE FIRST PLACE MEANS THERE CAN STILL BE HUMAN INFLUENCE IN THE CHILD. THAT IS WHEN YOU DELVE MORE INTO THE MINUTIA & DETAILS OF WHAT GENES, EMOTIONS, BEHAVIORS, ETC ARE PASSED.

3RD GENERATIONAL VAMIPRES LOOK LIKE THIS

HAVING BOTH HYBRID PARENTS MEANS THE OFFSPRING COULD BE POTENTIALLY MOSTLY HUMAN IF THEY ARE "HH". AS THE ABOVE EXAMPLE SHOWED A "VV" WOULD RESULT IN A POTENTIALLY MOSTLY VAMPIRIC OFFSPRING.

HOWEVER, WHEN YOU HAVE TWO HUMAN-VAMPIRE HYBRIDS THE VAMPIRIC INFLUENCE IS 75% LIKELY TO SURFACE WITH SOME POTENTIAL, SIGNIFICANT INFLUENCE. AS WITH THE 2ND GENERATION, HAVING THE "V" PRESENT AT ALL IN THE EQUATION MEANS THERE WILL BE SOME SORT OF VAMPIRIC INFLUENCE, EVEN IF IT IS REMOTE.

A 4TH GENERATIONAL VAMPIRE LOOKS LIKE THIS:

IT IS A PURE HUMAN & A HUMAN-VAMPIRE MATING. THE "V" IS A SLIGHT INFLUENCE WITH THE PROBABILITY OF A "TRUE" (VV) VAMPIRE OFFSPRING NOT EVEN A POSSIBILITY. THE PRESENCE OF VAMPIRIC GENES IS 50/50. IN THE "HV" OFFSPRING YOU WILL SEE A RANGE FROM SLIGHT TO DRASTIC MANIFESTATION FOR THE VAMPIRIC TRAITS.

WHAT DOES ALL OF THIS MEAN?

A LOT WHEN YOU START LOOKING AT THE EFFECTS DIFFERENT GENERATIONS OF VAMPIRES HAVE ON THEIR COMPANIONS.

FOR BITING TO EAT, THIS ENTIRE OUTLINE DOESN'T MATTER. BUT, TO BITE TO TURN, IT DOES MATTER.

A PURE VAMPIRE "VV" OFFSPRING OF PURE VAMPIRE PARENTS, CAN BITE TO TURN AND IMPOSE FAR MORE POWER & ENDOWMENT THAN A 2ND GENERATIONAL "VV".

BASICALLY:

"VV" - PURE VAMPIRIC PARENTS - MOST POWERFUL BITE-TO-TURN
"VV" - 1 PURE VAMPIRE PARENT, 1 HYBRID PARENT - POWERFUL BITE-TO-TURN
"HV" - 1 PURE VAMPIRE PARENT, 1 HYBRID PARENT - INFLUENTIAL BITE-TO-TURN
"HV" - BOTH HYBRID PARENTS - NOTE-WORTHY BITE-TO-TURN

THE ABILITY TO PASS TRAITS & POWERS THROUGH THE BITE IS DICTATED BY GENERATION. BASICALLY, IF YOU'RE BITTEN BY A PURE VAMPIRE WITH BOTH PURE VAMPIRE PARENTS, YOU ARE GOING TO RECEIVE THE MOST FOR YOUR BITE. YOUR LONGEVITY & POWER IS THE MOST IT WILL BE. AND FROM THERE WITH EACH GENERATION THE INFLUENCE DWINDLES EXPONENTIALLY.

WISHES FOR YOUR DELIGHT,

WHAT I DO ON MY DAYS OFF
Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: experienced
Zodiac:

Truly interesting, i've never considered the bite-to-turn aspect in conjunction with generational influence. For all that I have tried to work out of this nature, it can be rather complex.. but even with that potential the explanation is laid out very well here. Very informative.

Killa
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: All
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
Zodiac:

Great post once again! ::bump::

sadlotus79
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

thank you for sharing Ash.truly an interesting read.

When one tugs at a single thing in nature,he find it attached to the rest of the world.
John Muir

Men soon the faults of others learn
A few their virtues, too, find out;
But is there one—I have a doubt—
Who can his own defects discern?
Sanskrit Proverb

tagore.
Darkstar
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 32
Spelled Number: 12
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire
Zodiac:

OK Ash: This may be like the dumbest question but i am gonna ask it anyway. ::facepalm::

If I meet someone who has both pure vampire parents, and he is a pure vampire. And I know i have 4generations of vampire in my blood. And.. if he bites me. WILL I TURN..?

YOU DONT KNOW HOW LONG I'VE WAITED FOR YOU.....

BLESSED WITH A UNIQUE SPIRIT FAMILY
4 GENERATIONS OF SANG VAMP IN MY BLOOD
AmnesiaReminisced
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: volkh
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Bahliayree
Zodiac:

thank you Ash!

:star:

AmnR

SAGE LYON AZURE

Get some R&R. Everyday, Receive new truth and Reunite yourself.
Bella
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angels
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

Darkstar wrote: If I meet someone who has both pure vampire parents, and he is a pure vampire. And I know i have 4generations of vampire in my blood. And.. if he bites me. WILL I TURN..?
Successful turning depends on not just one but several variables.
If a vampire bites you in the way that they do in the movies, you probably would not live to tell about it for very long, due to the fact that he's just severed your carotid artery! :vampire:

Brightest Blessings!
Wishing you \/ , <3 , & :) always!
Darkstar
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 32
Spelled Number: 12
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampire
Zodiac:

OK then..

Where would he/she need to bite me then.?

YOU DONT KNOW HOW LONG I'VE WAITED FOR YOU.....

BLESSED WITH A UNIQUE SPIRIT FAMILY
4 GENERATIONS OF SANG VAMP IN MY BLOOD
danaos
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: a practitioner
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 9
Spelled Number: 7
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampire and Children
My magical/paranormal name...: Danaos Augustus Ravenheart
Zodiac:

Darkstar wrote:OK then..

Where would he/she need to bite me then.?
It would be a bite that is neither for killing or eating but a bite to facilitate the transfer of the virus to make the change with in you. So I suppose anywhere they could get their teeth into you would be sufficient. I have heard it said that it takes multiple bites to accomplish the change or it would be a killing bite as in the way the Anthrax vaccine is administered. By getting subsequent multiple doses of the virus. Which allows your body to build antibodies to the newly introduced virus until it has all been administered to you. I have heard that it only takes one bite. I have also heard that there is only one way to be vampire and that is to be born one.

As to whether it is a virus that is transferred or something else that is another debate to be discussed.

I hope this helps in answering your question.

Bless be

I am what I am. I am ever changing, ever growing.

The more I learn, the more I realize I do not know,
Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

::bump::

In relation to Killa's question in another thread.

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER

Return to “Ash”