If I could be anything, I would be...: dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

Dilvsy wrote:
starfire wrote:

Yep that would be me as well Dilvsy :lol: :lol:

starfire ::dragons::
I BLAME HAVING PAN IN MY BLOOD!!! ::rofl:: ::rofl:: :silly:
Well no wonder, we are sisters then, since I also have Pan in my blood :lol: ::rofl:: ::rofl:: ::rofl::

Keeper of many spirits, who I suspect are keeping me instead!!!

Keeper of Thor, my friend and protector
Emmir
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 5
Your favorite spirit to work with: Faery
If I could be anything, I would be...: Faery
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

I am so glad that someone posted this. :)

I may be newer to this site, but I'm not new to spirit keeping and everything that goes with it. At first, I was very hesitant to step out of a WA zone. It made me feel safe. But when I started to feel callings for DA spirits, I was very confused.

Luckily, I had some nice people who told me exactly what you just posted. Just my 2cents

Shine bright...

Forever yours....
Emmir
-arianna-
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampires
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
Zodiac:

Great post Ash! Dark doesn't equal evil and keeping dark spirits doesn't mean you should behave like a jerk. There is light and dark in all humans and working with DA spirits and magic helps you recognize your dark side and if you have come to terms with your dark side it helps you be in control of your reactions. To me, this is one of the main benefits someone gets from working with DA spirits: you realize things about yourself that you may not have known before and you also know where and when to draw the line.
Many people know I keep spirits and cast spells and some of them were afraid and started asking me "you won't hurt me if we get into an argument, right?". I always reply that my ethics in magic are the same as in everything else. It's extremely hard to get me to the point of punching someone and if I do so it will definitely be something I won't regret cause it will mean that the person truly deserved it; it's equally difficult to get me to attack someone magically and if I do so it will only be because the person truly deserved it and it also means I did it to stop them from harming other people. It's not that I didn't have the ability to harm people before I got into magic and spirit keeping, it's that I didn't want to go around harming people in the first place and having the means and the knowledge to do so now doesn't mean I will do it just to prove that I can.
I'd also like to say that I have spirits in my keep that are way darker that the average human and yet lashing out at people is not always their first choice; they chose their battles wisely and there have been times when they have advised me to walk away from situations rather than try to resolve them forcefully. So I can definitely say that just because a spirit is dark it doesn't mean it will always chose to do wrong. It sometimes just means that they will put their peace of mind first instead of trying to prove a point to someone who won't listen or that they won't go out of their way to help someone who doesn't want to help himself.

Think you've seen it all? Think again. Outside those doors, we might see anything. We could find new worlds, terrifying monsters, impossible things. And if you come with me... nothing will ever be the same again!

starfire
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 125
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragons
Zodiac:

-arianna- wrote:Great post Ash! Dark doesn't equal evil and keeping dark spirits doesn't mean you should behave like a jerk. There is light and dark in all humans and working with DA spirits and magic helps you recognize your dark side and if you have come to terms with your dark side it helps you be in control of your reactions. To me, this is one of the main benefits someone gets from working with DA spirits: you realize things about yourself that you may not have known before and you also know where and when to draw the line.
Many people know I keep spirits and cast spells and some of them were afraid and started asking me "you won't hurt me if we get into an argument, right?". I always reply that my ethics in magic are the same as in everything else. It's extremely hard to get me to the point of punching someone and if I do so it will definitely be something I won't regret cause it will mean that the person truly deserved it; it's equally difficult to get me to attack someone magically and if I do so it will only be because the person truly deserved it and it also means I did it to stop them from harming other people. It's not that I didn't have the ability to harm people before I got into magic and spirit keeping, it's that I didn't want to go around harming people in the first place and having the means and the knowledge to do so now doesn't mean I will do it just to prove that I can.
I'd also like to say that I have spirits in my keep that are way darker that the average human and yet lashing out at people is not always their first choice; they chose their battles wisely and there have been times when they have advised me to walk away from situations rather than try to resolve them forcefully. So I can definitely say that just because a spirit is dark it doesn't mean it will always chose to do wrong. It sometimes just means that they will put their peace of mind first instead of trying to prove a point to someone who won't listen or that they won't go out of their way to help someone who doesn't want to help himself.
Such a good post!!!!! :thumbup:

Very true, some maybe surprised when their very dark DA will say no, we won't do that, because it will not be worth it in the end and so let do this instead, which a more peaceful way of handling a situation!!!!

Also I am of the same mind, just because I have some Dark DA, doesn't mean I got them for being big and bad or whatever, I got them because I wanted to learn from them as well as I learn from my WA spirits!!!!

Also long before I became a spirit keeper, I did learn about how to protect myself, so even though both WA and DA do give protection, you can learn how to do that yourself as well, with both DA and WA it gives an extra boost to your protection team and learning on how to protect yourself!!!

Also so of the DA and WA, you can learn some of their history and what it was like for them, when they were living here or living in their own realm if they are entities!!! Can gain a good perspective on things, that you might not have other wise ;)

Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: experienced
Zodiac:

Nuh uh! I is 3vil. Cross my path.. I'll crush you like a bug!
Also, I eat babies!!! I prefer smiling, laughing ones.

*giggles silently in corner*

Huffette
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 2000
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Throne Angel
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Blessed by Angels
Zodiac:

Thanks for this post, Ash. It fits me perfectly. When I started out, I thought I would only buy WA spirits. Boy was I surprised when a wraith called me while I was sleeping.
For someone who felt they would not keep anything other than fae and angels, boy has things changed for me. I found my path changing from all WA to a balance of WA and DA. I have never looked back.

Huffette
Mommy to four haunted ladies and friend to many bound and unbound spirits and entities.
Called "little one" by the angels
starfire
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 125
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragons
Zodiac:

Noctifera wrote:Nuh uh! I is 3vil. Cross my path.. I'll crush you like a bug!
Also, I eat babies!!! I prefer smiling, laughing ones.

*giggles silently in corner*
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :funnypost:

darksidemoon
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 75
Spelled Number: 25
Your favorite spirit to work with: Can't chose one :P
If I could be anything, I would be...: Psy Vamp
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

Thanks for posting this awesome topic Ash!! Sad that Dark can still be associated with; bad, evil etc.

If that was the case then all humans would be considered bad and evil!

Confucius says:"Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves."
Nightraven
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 40
Spelled Number: 12
Your favorite spirit to work with: Fae
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire
Zodiac:

Sage advice.

Phil.

Ghastly grim and ancient raven wandering from the Nightly shore-
Tell me what thy lordly name is on the Night's Plutonian shore!"
Quoth the Raven, "Nevermore."- Poe
Ivy Onyx East
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 115
Spelled Number: 150
If I could be anything, I would be...: Grimmy!!
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Mesa Hema
Zodiac:

Ah, the day I finally embraced my dark side I was freed. It's not the "bad" side of course. I keep that in check. :silly:

Thanks for your post Ash. Great!!

~Ivy Onyx East (aka: dollybil)
"It is one of the commonest of mistakes to consider that the limit of our power of perception is also the limit of all there is to perceive." -C.W. Leadbeater
"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." -Sherlock Holmes

Return to “Ash”