venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: HARPY, PROMETHEUS
If I could be anything, I would be...: HUMAN, LOL
My super power would be...: Super speed

IT HAPPENS. RIGHT? YOU ARE FOCUSED. YOU GOT YOUR CHANNELS CLEAR. YOUR HEARING & COMMUNICATING WITH YOUR SPIRITS. ALL'S GOOD. THEN IT ALL SEEMS TO GO OFF RAILS.

IT CAN BE HARD WHEN YOU'RE NOT SURE. IS THAT MY THOUGHT? THEIR THOUGHT? WHAT'S GOING ON. THIS IS THE POINT WHEN YOU WANT TO TAKE A DEEP BREATH, TAKE A STEP BACK, AND BE CAREFUL NOT TO JUST LET THINGS UNRAVEL.

IF YOU AREN'T SURE WHO IS SAYING WHAT, THEN YOU NEED TO TAKE A STEP BACK & COLLECT YOURSELF. IF YOU KEEP THAT THREAD & CONVERSATION GOING THEN YOU MIGHT END UP WITH AN UNPLEASANT SERIES OF THOUGHTS & REACT TO SOMETHING THAT ISN'T EVEN REAL.

THE LAST THING YOU WANT TO DO IS PROJECT YOUR FEARS, OR SELF-ESTEEM INADEQUACIES, OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT INTO THE CONVERSATION YOU WERE HAVING WITH YOUR SPIRITS. BECAUSE THEY'LL BE IN THE BACKGROUND SCREAMING "HEY, THAT'S NOT ME!" WHILE YOU'RE MOVING ON WITH A CONVERSATION THAT'S MOTIVATED BY YOU.

IT'S HARD SOMETIMES TO GAIN CLARITY, BUT YOU CAN DO IT. REMOVE YOURSELF FROM THE SUSPECT CONVERSATION/INTERACTION AND THEN COME BACK TO IT ONCE YOU HAVE ALLOWED ALL THAT FEAR & ANXIETY TO STOP.

AS KEEPERS THE LAST THING WE WANT IS TO SUBSTITUTE WHAT IS HAPPENING FOR WHAT WE THINK IS HAPPENING. TAKING TIME OUT TO JUST COLLECT YOURSELF & CENTER YOURSELF IS IMPORTANT. YOU NEED THAT TO BE ABLE TO DISCERN GENUINE INTERACTIONS.

THE VOICES OF OUR SPIRIT FRIENDS CAN BE IN THEIR OWN VOICE, IN OUR VOICE, IN SORT OF A STATIC/WHITE NOISE, BUT REGARDLESS THEY ARE REACHING OUT, THEY ARE COMMUNICATING. DON'T GO BUGGERING IT UP BY SHUTTING THEM OUT & CARRYING ON WITH YOURSELF.

WISHES FOR YOUR DELIGHT,

WHAT I DO ON MY DAYS OFF
Regholdain
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human. :)
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

What do you recommend to regain lost clarity in those moments?

Somewhat related, I've also experienced times of "dead space" rather than just lost in translation. For example, I'll ask for the presence of one of my companions and try to start an interaction, but then NO ANSWER. Nothing, just "dead air". Now, some of my more playful spirits, I think, do this because they think the reaction is "cute" or "fun" (I suspect my succubae fall into this category). And maybe others are interfering on purpose because they want the floor and I don't realize it. Mostly, though, I don't think those are what is going on. I also feel like my protections are pretty robust, between bindings and spirits and my own shielding, you get the drift.

So my general assumption is there's something off about me, how I'm approaching the interaction, or something else, at those times. Do you have any suggestions for dealing with these periods of "dead space"?

X..X Memento Mori X..X
*>* Memento Vivere *>*

"I look upon death to be as necessary to our constitution as sleep. We shall rise refreshed in the morning." - Benjamin Franklin
Muse
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: No favorites, sorry
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sane
My magical/paranormal name...: Somethin' snazzy I suppose
Zodiac:

I'd also like more information regarding clarity and Reg's "Dead Space" experiences as I've had both. The latter more than the former, but enough to want more information to improve my practice and communications nonetheless.

"Do what you can, when you can, and avoid the unnecessary."
- Muse
heypanda
active contributor
active contributor
My super power would be...: Anti-Gravity

Something else I wish I could have been told a year ago. :(

Their response isn't always immediate. Sometimes it takes 10 or more minutes when meditating, so it feels like they're not saying anything when really you need your mind clear for a good while before they can speak up.

Ash: I'd like to know please if there is a word for the type of telepathy where they may speak one or two important thoughts to you very clearly, and the other kind where some keepers can hear/feel their thoughts talking to you all the time.

Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a practitioner
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

On a related note, when just beginning any meta pursuit — Tarot, pendulums, runes, I Ching, psychic endeavors of any kind, heck, even coin-flipping — do not ask life-altering questions. Don’t ask if your bae is cheating. Don’t ask if your friends all secretly hate you. Don’t ask if your pets want to run away to Timbuktu. Don't ask your spirits if they want to be re-homed. Don’t ask if your real father is Darth Vader. Just don’t do it. That’s a recipe for devastating yourself if the worst-case-scenario answers come up, and you haven’t got the experience to perceive nuances that would alter the meaning of the answer, or recognize when the “answer” is actually projecting your deepest fears into the situation.

I have seriously paused before writing about animal telepathy, for fear that someone would “hear” their own fears and cry, “WAAAAH, my pets said they all hate me!”, ending up with innocent, utterly confused animals being rehomed or worse. (Owner-surrendered animals often don’t get much time in kill shelters, and adult animals aren’t adopted as fast as baby animals.) Seriously, I’m being honest about MY worst fears. Don’t even try animal communication if you’d even THINK of turning your pet’s world upside-down.

This is why every experiment I ever suggest is going to be the kind where zero emotional baggage will be dredged up. These practices are supposed to be enjoyable, not traumatic.

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
Szyvágr
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: in the learning process
Your favorite spirit to work with: Humans
Zodiac:

Thank you Ash, I really needed to hear this.

CobwebWeaver
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 1000
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Divine Dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Cobweb Weaver
Zodiac:

A very important message, something we all need to hear from time to time, even the most experienced keepers can fall into that.

- Cobweb Weaver, Basttera, Child of Dragons, devotee of Bastet and Anubis X..X 0x.
heypanda
active contributor
active contributor
My super power would be...: Anti-Gravity

heypanda wrote:Ash: I'd like to know please if there is a word for the type of telepathy where they may speak one or two important thoughts to you very clearly, and the other kind where some keepers can hear/feel their thoughts talking to you all the time.
Does anyone else know the answer to this? I feel with the former it must take a lot of energy to manifest the one or two words/thoughts, or even a sentence I occasionally hear/feel. I've never experienced the latter.

Red6joker
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: a practitioner
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 11
Your favorite spirit to work with: GA,DA, some WA
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal/incubus
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Neso

heypanda wrote:
heypanda wrote:Ash: I'd like to know please if there is a word for the type of telepathy where they may speak one or two important thoughts to you very clearly, and the other kind where some keepers can hear/feel their thoughts talking to you all the time.
Does anyone else know the answer to this? I feel with the former it must take a lot of energy to manifest the one or two words/thoughts, or even a sentence I occasionally hear/feel. I've never experienced the latter.
If you are hearing it inside your head it's telepathy.

Feeling and understanding via feelings is intuition.

Muse
venerated member
venerated member
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Your favorite spirit to work with: No favorites, sorry
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sane
My magical/paranormal name...: Somethin' snazzy I suppose
Zodiac:

Red6joker wrote:
heypanda wrote:
If you are hearing it inside your head it's telepathy.

Feeling and understanding via feelings is intuition.

There's a difference between intuition and Claircognizance (the word that I believe HeyPanda was likely looking for).

Intuition is something every human has to some degree as it's instinctual and hardwired, whereas Claircognizance is recieving information straight from an outside source (higher power, spirits, guides, totems, etc) and is not a psychological phenomenon but a spiritual psychic gift.

It's similar to the difference between someone who can sympathize with a friend (basic human nature) and someone who can literally feel that friend's emotions out of nowhere (psychic). This being said, in my opinion...

Having a bad gut feeling does not equate to psychic ability. Listening to those gut feelings can open up doors to recognizing your psychic abilities though. Which is often why the psychic and the psychological are so mixed up.

Also, concerning telepathy as mentioned above, if you can't tell whether it's your own thoughts or someone else's --- it's likely your own thoughts. Telepathy is very direct, and apparent, and very distinct from our own mind chatter. Which is why learning it can be difficult for those who haven't experienced it before. Simply hearing things in one's head doesn't give telepathy justice, in my opinion, because I'd describe it more as "Recieving thoughts unlike one's own, and feeling the source behind them" because the presence that comes with telepathy is often unmistakable as well.

In short, psychic abilities aren't a guess working game spawned from human psychology. Training them in the early stages can be seen as such whilst trying to recognize differences, but overall they're their own experience.

I know this was a bit long but I felt this information might be important.

"Do what you can, when you can, and avoid the unnecessary."
- Muse

Return to “Ash”