neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Fallen Angels
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

To those who have connected with him, how was the experience? What was he like?

PrincessKnight
neophyte
neophyte

DarknessDreaming wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:46 pm To those who have connected with him, how was the experience? What was he like?
Interesting post! By the way, do you already have a connection with him or are you planning on having one soon?

DarknessDreaming
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Fallen Angels

I don’t have a connection to him. I think about it having one from time to time. I have two bindings for two public figures. I had my insecurities about it for awhile but found I have a past life connection with one and the other, I’m still trying to figure out. That one was very quick to connect with me in dreams and more than once. The first meeting was very awkward though.

I’d been thinking about Poe and his work a lot. I figured there’d be a few folks pulled to him. I’m just curious to what the experiences with him are like, if anyone is comfortable sharing.

Hazell
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: a practitioner
If I could be anything, I would be...: Magical girl✨
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
Zodiac:

I remember seeing a book about a psychic medium who discusses her experiences with Edgar Allan Poe as her spirit guide. I just started reading it after being reminded by this post, but it might be something you’re interested in. The title is Forevermore: Guided in Spirit by Edgar Allan Poe.

PrincessKnight
neophyte
neophyte

Wow, very interesting!!

ROWN ROSALIND
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 30
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angels
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sylph or Undine
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: ROWN ROSALIND
Zodiac:

Hazell wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:00 pm I remember seeing a book about a psychic medium who discusses her experiences with Edgar Allan Poe as her spirit guide. I just started reading it after being reminded by this post, but it might be something you’re interested in. The title is Forevermore: Guided in Spirit by Edgar Allan Poe.
Writing this down in my book list, thanks!

I remember being very young, elementary school aged, and getting into Poe!

<<edited by Moderator>>

Vipera aspis atra
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a master
Zodiac:

Depending on the source of the binding and the individual receiving it, one is likely to be exposed to very different sides of Poe. Of course there are some generalities that will be consistent across the board.
I've interacted with his spirit a few times in the work I do as an artist. My experience with him is unbound meaning it is fairly inclusive of all potentials of his nature. There's an energy accompanying him which is imaginative and tenacious, with elements of brooding and mercuriality.

During a recital of 'The Raven' some months back, he urged me to repeat it dozens of times, seeking some ideal of perfection that I could not have been conscious of but he most certainly was. By the time I had finished, it still wasn't quite where he wished it to be, but he was gentle toward the fact that I had worked very hard in an attempt to do it justice. He influenced me to research the archaic pronunciation of various terms and the nuance of how they would have been emphasized in the work. At times I felt that he was trying to make up for something he lacked or overlooked in life, to better things through me.

I can therefore say if you work in a creative field, he's interested in extending himself through the work you are doing, and may put the pressure on you occasionally.. although he definitely seems to have softened in approach and perspective from what I know of him in life (thanks to the afterlife transition, no doubt.)

"There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it."
—Oscar Wilde
jezebela
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: new to this
My super power would be...: Laser-beam eyes
My magical/paranormal name...: jazne

Vipera aspis atra wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:53 pm Depending on the source of the binding and the individual receiving it, one is likely to be exposed to very different sides of Poe. Of course there are some generalities that will be consistent across the board.
I've interacted with his spirit a few times in the work I do as an artist. My experience with him is unbound meaning it is fairly inclusive of all potentials of his nature. There's an energy accompanying him which is imaginative and tenacious, with elements of brooding and mercuriality.

During a recital of 'The Raven' some months back, he urged me to repeat it dozens of times, seeking some ideal of perfection that I could not have been conscious of but he most certainly was. By the time I had finished, it still wasn't quite where he wished it to be, but he was gentle toward the fact that I had worked very hard in an attempt to do it justice. He influenced me to research the archaic pronunciation of various terms and the nuance of how they would have been emphasized in the work. At times I felt that he was trying to make up for something he lacked or overlooked in life, to better things through me.

I can therefore say if you work in a creative field, he's interested in extending himself through the work you are doing, and may put the pressure on you occasionally.. although he definitely seems to have softened in approach and perspective from what I know of him in life (thanks to the afterlife transition, no doubt.)
sounds like a good guide to have when comes to creative writing. just hope i could live up to his standard!

Return to “Human”