-arianna-
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampires
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
Zodiac:

I realized today that for the past few days every time I think about a particular man I know I also think about Odin. My mind has been trying to find any connections or similarities between the two. I also noticed that ever since this started many people have been mentioning the Norse to me with no particular reason to do so. So I've started wondering if I should look into connecting with Odin sometime in the future.
I know some things about the Norse pantheon but not too much and frankly they always gave me the impression of raw power and medieval energy so I feel a bit intimidated. If you add to this the fact that I'm still a bit unsure of how to bond with immortals (seeing that I bond with my spirits by meditating and also talking about different things that have happened to me,sharing my thoughts etc but I feel silly talking about the same stuff with an immortal cause I see no reason why he/she would care about all these things) I don't think I'll attempt any communication with Odin anytime soon.
I'd love to hear though what are others' experiences with Odin, especially from the females of the forum (cause I remember Ash writing somewhere that with Norse immortals it's better to start off with someone the same sex as you so I guess it may be more difficult for me to connect well with him cause I'm a female).

Think you've seen it all? Think again. Outside those doors, we might see anything. We could find new worlds, terrifying monsters, impossible things. And if you come with me... nothing will ever be the same again!

starfire
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 125
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragons
If I could be anything, I would be...: dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

I truly can understand feeling the way you do about connecting with any of the immortals!!!!

I have quite a few immortals and actually started off with the males, before I got some of the females, but that is due to my own personailty, more then anything esle!!! I have always connected with males more so then females, but then in some of my past lives I was male, so maybe that has something to do with that and my current life circumstances!!!!

I do have females friends who I am close to as well!!!

Anyway if you feel better about connecting with the females first, in the Norse gods and goddesses, I suggest, Frigg, Sif, and Freya, they are all wonderful and I find them kind, yet direct!!!!

As for talking with any of the immortals, hey I talk to all of my about everything, anything, and all kinds of things!!!! As along as it is done with respect, they do listen and will offer all kinds of ideas with help in your life and your spiritual path!!!!

Apollo helps me with my poems and I will have Bragi soon to also help with my poems and writings as well!!!! :D

I have Bast as well and her and I talk about the cats I have and magick, and also Circe, who also has helped with some of my writings as well and magick!!!

Hestia has helped me with sleeping at night and she is a very kind and wonderful goddess with a soothing energy, Hera is very regal type goddess, but has some very good wisdom to offer a person amoung other things. I love Athenia, she has a great energy filled with calm and wisdom in all she does and says!!!!

Now understand for many years I have always felt close ti these gods and goddesses and have read and studied them, so if you do feel a calling to them, I suggest reading all you can about them, mediate on them as well, and most of all just be yourself around them, just respectful is all ;)

Yes Odin does have a type of raw power, but I really like him and he will be here soon, I already have his son Thor, whom I have known for a long time before I got a spirit stone and a traid with him in it!!!!

I hope this has been of some help and don't be afraid to ask more questions because that is how we all learn!!!!! :D

starfire ::dragons::

Keeper of many spirits, who I suspect are keeping me instead!!!

Keeper of Thor, my friend and protector
-arianna-
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

I was hoping you would post as I did a search on Odin and many of your posts came up :D
It's strange, but I usually connect better with female spirits. I guess it has to do with the fact that, although I've never had anything masculine in my looks or personality, I'm usually the strong one and the one that takes care of others so (although I have serious daddy issues) I guess I need some female tender energy,especially from my DA (like my manananggal).
With Odin though it's strange, cause everyone talks about how strong and overpowering he is, yet I've always had him in mind as a man who went through too much and that's what made him be the way he is: someone who dominates others with ease when he wants to and who can be grumpy and difficult at times. Now that I think of it, maybe this is the reason I feel a connection between him and that man I mentioned: he's also someone who comes off as really grumpy, dominating and particularly moody and difficult, yet he is like that cause he has gone through way too much and he's actually sweet and insecure. He doesn't perceive himself as someone strong (unless it has to do with his profession,where he has a really high status) and he always has the best intentions,he's just not so good at showing to others that he cares and that's why he's difficult with them at times,cause he's trying to help them be the best they can become. Not that I perceive Odin as insecure, but he sure isn't someone who had a pretty easy and trouble free existence so he couldn't be "fluffy" and light-hearted per se.
Concerning immortals in general, I only have a binding of Nut so far. I haven't worked much with her but I'm currently trying to bond with her better. I think I'm in a good path with her though cause I had some signs about different things while talking to her in New Year's Eve.
I'm also trying to connect to Nyx and Aphrodite without a binding. I hope things get easier with them as soon as I receive my infinite power of the immortals orb. I think I had a dream related to Aphrodite too. Apollo is also on my list cause I always loved him when we did mythology back in school and I'm also a pianist so I think he's a good inspiration for me.
I'm open to suggestions about books and sites on Norse mythology though, as all my knowledge about the Norse pantheon comes from wikipedia and some novels I've read.

Think you've seen it all? Think again. Outside those doors, we might see anything. We could find new worlds, terrifying monsters, impossible things. And if you come with me... nothing will ever be the same again!

starfire
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

I wondered if you had done a search, and yes I have posted a lot of my experinces with my immortals!!!

I wish I could remember the name of the book I first read on the Norse gods and goddesses, it was a very longtime ago!!! However it told what Odin did go through to get where he got and yes it was a very hard time for him and he even gave up one of his own eyes to do what he had to do!!!!

I remember thinking at that time that the Norse gods and goddesses were more volient then what I wanted to experince, but heck the Greek gods and goddesses could also be that way as well!!!! The Egyptian gods and goddesses were very mystical and a bit of a mystery to me!!!! But I felt a deep connection with Bast and Isis and Amon and Osiris and Horus, even though they show me more of symbols of things!!!!

Now when I want more information I have the Egyptian Book of the Dead, I also have a book called Bulfinch's Mythology, it covers a lot of the gods and godesses and even King Authur and his court!!!! It is a interesting read, however it is a old book.

I have checked out some on Amazon.com and have found some good books there as well, you just have to do a search for them, as well as some online sites as well, I just type in the search of what I want to find and it will come up!!!! You just have to decide on what it is you want to read!!!

I also have a binding of Aphrodite and I find her very soothing to me!!!! :D
She also reminds me to take time for myself as i tend to help everyone esle but me!!!! :lol:

There is a lot of information out there and it sounds like you have a good start on things!!!!!

It will be a wonderful trip with the immortals!!!!! It is one that I have been enjoying!!!!! :thumbup:

I hope yours will be as wonderful too!!!! :D

-arianna-
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Thanks a lot for the info! That's what I am thinking too at the moment, that the Norse gods are more violent than I want to experience, and at the same time I'm thinking that just because the greek gods are more familiar to me because I'm greek and they seem more "sunny" doesn't mean they can't be hardcore too so maybe I shouldn't be that worried.
I'm going to spend some days looking up info on Odin online and I'll check for any good books on norse mythology for starters. If it's a calling from Odin I guess I'll find out as I suppose he can be pushy if he wants something LOL
If I get no other signs that it's anything more than a mere interest on my part I'll wait till I feel a bit more ready and if the desire is still there I'll give it a try and see how well we bond. I guess what bothers me is that I have to constantly remind myself that I shouldn't worry so much that something will go wrong, as I make sure to approach the immortals with great respect anyway.

starfire
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

-arianna- wrote:Thanks a lot for the info! That's what I am thinking too at the moment, that the Norse gods are more violent than I want to experience, and at the same time I'm thinking that just because the greek gods are more familiar to me because I'm greek and they seem more "sunny" doesn't mean they can't be hardcore too so maybe I shouldn't be that worried.
I'm going to spend some days looking up info on Odin online and I'll check for any good books on norse mythology for starters. If it's a calling from Odin I guess I'll find out as I suppose he can be pushy if he wants something LOL
If I get no other signs that it's anything more than a mere interest on my part I'll wait till I feel a bit more ready and if the desire is still there I'll give it a try and see how well we bond. I guess what bothers me is that I have to constantly remind myself that I shouldn't worry so much that something will go wrong, as I make sure to approach the immortals with great respect anyway.
That is the key is to approach all of them with great respect!!!!! The more information you have on them the better so you go into a realitionship with your eyes wide open!!!!! Of course that goes without saying with any spirit or entity!!!! Take your time and you will know if it is a calling, because that is somthing that will persist and cannot be denied, at least for me that has been the case and remember I had been doing a lot of reading reseach on them since I was a kid!!!! So take your time, and when the time is right you will know, trust me they can make a calling very strong!!!! ;)

Morag Rockwind
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Don't have one yet but willing to learn it.
Zodiac:

Odin is not one for patience hehe. As evident today when I told him I would bind him when I got home. He bound himself to my spirit anyway.

starfire
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

bryan wrote:Odin is not one for patience hehe. As evident today when I told him I would bind him when I got home. He bound himself to my spirit anyway.
I know exactly what you mean Bryan!!!! Odin has been here for awhile now, even though when my next package comes from CH, it will have his spirit stone with it!!!! :D

It was like that with Zeus and Thor and a few others, they came way before their vessels arrived!!!!!

My house has become quite the hangout for the immortals!!!!! :lol:

Ghostly Decibels
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Fallen angels
If I could be anything, I would be...: Fallen angel
My magical/paranormal name...: Azura Rose Jet
Zodiac:

Uh, I ran into Odin a few weeks ago in the middle of my meditation... he censured me and said he didn't like that I empathized with Fenrir in the following story:

Fenrir reacted violently; he opened his jaws very widely, and tried to bite the gods. The gods thrust "a certain sword" into Fenrir's mouth, the hilt of the sword on Fenrir's lower gums and the point his upper gums. Fenrir "howled horribly," saliva ran from his mouth, and this saliva formed the river Ván (Old Norse "hope").[18] There Fenrir will lie until Ragnarök. Gangleri comments that Loki created a "pretty terrible family" though important, and asks why the Æsir did not just kill Fenrir there since they expected great malice from him. High replies that "so greatly did the gods respect their holy places and places of sanctuary that they did not want to defile them with the wolf's blood even though the prophecies say that he will be the death of Odin."[19]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fenrir

Go figure? :P

starfire
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

Terror Misu wrote:Uh, I ran into Odin a few weeks ago in the middle of my meditation... he censured me and said he didn't like that I empathized with Fenrir in the following story:

Fenrir reacted violently; he opened his jaws very widely, and tried to bite the gods. The gods thrust "a certain sword" into Fenrir's mouth, the hilt of the sword on Fenrir's lower gums and the point his upper gums. Fenrir "howled horribly," saliva ran from his mouth, and this saliva formed the river Ván (Old Norse "hope").[18] There Fenrir will lie until Ragnarök. Gangleri comments that Loki created a "pretty terrible family" though important, and asks why the Æsir did not just kill Fenrir there since they expected great malice from him. High replies that "so greatly did the gods respect their holy places and places of sanctuary that they did not want to defile them with the wolf's blood even though the prophecies say that he will be the death of Odin."[19]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fenrir

Go figure? :P
I know exactly how you felt Terror, because i felt for the wolf as well, since I do have a connection with wolves in the first place, and Odin did frown on that!!!! But I told him that I also felt that way with all the dragons that had been killed in all the stories too, and them I love, and will always love and he said that he did respect my passion for them!!!! Which for me was quite a high compllment coming from him!!!!

Return to “Immortals”