Bast

ladyevelyn77
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0

I just received about three or four days ago two immortals, Shu and Bast. I don't think I meant to get Bast because she wasn't on my list, but apparently at the time of selection, she is what I chose. I don't know why now. I have no idea what to do with her. Her qualities just don't fit in with what I wanted.

So, does anyone have her? How can I implement her in my life?
sage of aquarius
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: experienced

I firmly believe that you got her for a reason, so I pulled out my handy-dandy dictionary of deities to see if I could come up with some more information for you than what appears in the encyclopedia.

"Cat goddes of life, fruitfulness, pleasure, music, dance, and cats. Known as the 'Eye of the Moon.' " I have also read some place recently about how one of her jobs was to protect Re as his chariot traveled through the night sky to arise back in the east in time for sunrise.

Hope this helps.
Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.
Spiked
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
If I could be anything, I would be...: Djinn
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Pixie Flubbadub

sage of aquarius wrote:
"Cat goddes of life, fruitfulness, pleasure, music, dance, and cats. "
So Sex, D***s & Rock & Roll with a definite cat vibe ;)

Bringing Light since 2009

DISCLAIMER - nothing in this post is anything other than my own opinion and may not be even slightly interesting.
Galadriel
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: None
Zodiac:

Spiked wrote:
sage of aquarius wrote:
"Cat goddes of life, fruitfulness, pleasure, music, dance, and cats. "
So Sex, D***s & Rock & Roll with a definite cat vibe ;)
That seals it - Bast rounds out my list of twelve!
Sorceress Witch, psychic, medium and Armageddon
FeyLady
neophyte
neophyte

I have a friend who feels Bast saved his life.

First off: I pronounce her name like my other friend who's an Egyptologist taught me like "Passhht" and we get an um, interesting word from her name... like um PussyCat for example. And the cruder use of that word too... she is the Goddess of cats and sexuality all at the same time after all.

Anyway my other friend who said she saved his life; years ago when he was just a kid was in meditation one time encountered an entity of some sort and foolishly invited the entity into his body as it requested... and when he did this he felt he was being possessed and described it like it felt like worms were crawling in his skin. :skull: Bleh.

Then all of a sudden this "lady with the head of a cat" showed up he said, out of nowhere and helped him, she kicked the entity's butt lol when he felt this thing was going to kill him. He didn't know anything about Bast at all and didn't think of her as anything but "the cat lady who saved me." He only recognized her image when years later visiting my house he saw a illustration of Bast I have hanging up. :D He said he knew when he saw that picture that it was definitely Her.

:thumbup: Congrats on having her in your lives ladyE and Galadriel!
Best wishes!
FeyLady

Spirit of the Earth, remember
Spirit of the Sky, remember
ladyevelyn77
venerated member
venerated member

Hmmm, that just doesn't fit me. I'm not a party person. Very introvert and stay at home with a good book or movie. I feel a bit lost. Maybe she will help implement those qualities in me a bit? I mean my hubby used to be a party guy, so maybe...
wishing apon a star
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: White light Ones
If I could be anything, I would be...: Being My Divine Self
Zodiac:

Good story Fey! Loved it :)

Ladyevelyn,
Sometimes we choose and sometimes they choose for reasons we know nothing of the matter at that time. This is one of those times where you invite and welcome-- while watching what you might learn from . Its so cool to see where it all might lead too. :applause: Shes someone in your collection that your going to be happy and grow with while leading you to the unknown for right now.To me, it's exciting... :flower:

Hey now :sly: ..you have kitties in your home...thinking of the things you both have in common :)
Warmest Wishes<3
When I count my Blessings, I Always count You Twice<3
::bop:: Creepy Hollows Cheerleader ::bop::
Healings Happen with Love<3
Creepy Hollows Rocks My Socks !
((rainbow))
neophyte
neophyte

bast is also associated with motherhood.
i have also bast, she has been a great immortal she is a GREAT GREAT protector !
she also keeps my cats healthy :) she also helped in connecting with Anubis
Ashino Tsume roshi
sanctified
sanctified
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 1000
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Human
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Galactic Executive
My super power would be...: X-Ray Vision
My magical/paranormal name...: Durga Suta Putra
Zodiac:

Read the master book by the master himself. Sir E. A. Wallis Budge : Gods & Goddesses of Egypt. It's very simple.

Caiyros
EarthGalactics online....
Leautremontmars Virtual Mall
Occult Metaphysical
Children of the Night Lugoss
crone maatkaere
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 2638
Spelled Number: 847
Your favorite spirit to work with: immortals
If I could be anything, I would be...: vampire
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Raven Greywolf
Zodiac:

i have always believed that when an immortal comes into one's life unexpectedly there is a universal reason. bast or bastet as she has been called is known as amun-ra's daughter and goddess of the sun (then known as lady of flame and eye of ra) for most of ancient history except when the greeks occupied ancient egypt toward's the end of the civilization and then bast (in cat appearance) became goddess of the moon. bast is motherly but cunning which is why the lower kingdom often showed her as a lioness, protector. bast can be a tender or fierce protector as the case needs to be and change appearances as a situation presents itself to her keeper. i find her caring, nurturing, protective, fierce when required and just seems to be constantly aware of her surroundings. glad to hear she has decided to stay with you lady e! :) p.s. next to isis and sekhmet, bast is one of my favorite egyptian deities.
witch, wa, da, specialty in egyptian, celt, asian, hindu magick
trained conjurer
cupping healer
reiki grand master and elven shaman

By the moon we sport and play. With the night begins our day...Thomas Ravenscroft
Live simply, Love generously, Care deeply, Speak kindly....me
Ē\ tā\n ē\ epì tâs - "Either [with] it [your shield], or on it"...Spartan Mothers to their sons
Mau Emerald Nile

Return to “Immortals”