LilyCake
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

I've moved in, and while some things have gotten better like my sleep, I'm still being attacked. I've cut cords with my parents many times, but I'm told my father's cord keeps getting reattached, and I'm being attacked through that. I've barely talked to the man since I turned 18. The most interaction I've had is him invading my nightmares, so I think he's using some magic to invade me. How can I stop this?

laalbieglna
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 425
Spelled Number: 125
Your favorite spirit to work with: My Own Companions
If I could be anything, I would be...: Myself
Zodiac:

The only references to Tianhuo I can find online involve My Little Pony (where she is, apparently, cruel)
... is there more information about this deity?

Aprophis
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 1000
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: All of them
If I could be anything, I would be...: Endless
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

laalbieglna wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:56 pm The only references to Tianhuo I can find online involve My Little Pony (where she is, apparently, cruel)
... is there more information about this deity?
Probably because Tianhou is just one of her names. She goes by Mazu.
Well, at least I think that's the goddess in question.

Two Roads diverged in a yellow Wood and I took both, for I am Quantum.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Aksho Kharneth Akhash
Aksho Slaaneth K'Khaa
Aksho Tzeeneth Phaos
Aksho Nurgleth Dh'Akh
LilyCake
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

Yes, she goes by a few names including Tianhou and Mazu. I don't think she's particularly popular in any English speaking country though.

laalbieglna
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

LilyCake wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:42 pm Yes, she goes by a few names including Tianhou and Mazu. I don't think she's particularly popular in any English speaking country though.
Thank you! That's a serious problem for sure when searching in English. I appreciate this.

laalbieglna
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

Aprophis wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:10 pm Probably because Tianhou is just one of her names. She goes by Mazu.
Well, at least I think that's the goddess in question.
Thank you! That is much different from My Little Pony.

darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

LilyCake wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:14 pm I've moved in, and while some things have gotten better like my sleep, I'm still being attacked. I've cut cords with my parents many times, but I'm told my father's cord keeps getting reattached, and I'm being attacked through that. I've barely talked to the man since I turned 18. The most interaction I've had is him invading my nightmares, so I think he's using some magic to invade me. How can I stop this?
Mmm daily cleansing and protection perhaps, and maybe ask another deity for protection as well.

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
laalbieglna
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

darkwing dook wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:43 am Mmm daily cleansing and protection perhaps, and maybe ask another deity for protection as well.
Agreed. The absolutely fundamental basics of all spiritual protection are that you know how to, and consistently perform (like daily, at least for the first several years), centering, grounding, shielding, clearing and quieting your own mind, meditating, communing and communicating with your own guides, companions, and divinities; and that you also know how to and regularly perform cleansings on yourself, your space, and periodically construct or reinforce wards. Magickal items and spells from other people (such as CH) can be helpful, but each of us need to know how to do these basics for ourselves ... and then actually do them.

Another thought I am having, upon reading a bit more of your situation, is that you are repeatedly "cutting cords" with your own parents, in their home and within a culture that's highly focused on relationships between Ancestors and descendants and on "filial piety". This may be contributing to the issue between you and your parents' deity, especially if your family line has been in close relationship with her over several generations, or if your parents dedicated you to her in some way as a child. If it is indeed the deity, and not an imposter spirit or some other issue at work, I don't necessarily believe it's outside the realm of possibility that she could be taking offense at what she sees as disrespect to your elders, parents, and Ancestors. I don't mean at all to make light of abuses you have experienced, but a deity may have a different perspective on this than the one that is readily apparent to you.

Also, concepts like "cord-cutting" can include a whole lot of disparate techniques and intentions. It's possible that what you're actually doing with this is different than what you intend to do, that the technique you're using is faulty, or that other complications are arising.

Return to “Immortals”