Do you think its possible for people to 'become' immortals?

HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortal(gods)
If I could be anything, I would be...: an Immortal/similar
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

Just curious. I would mean for example if you had any immortal in your blood, would it be possible to 'become' the same type of 'immortal' they are? Hercules managed to do it somehow and there are other examples if you think it happened.

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

Hammer'O'Justice wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:04 pm Just curious. I would mean for example if you had any immortal in your blood, would it be possible to 'become' the same type of 'immortal' they are? Hercules managed to do it somehow and there are other examples if you think it happened.
Just for the purposes of discussion (not because I think I have the definitive answer)...

The main thing is this: just because I have an immortal in my blood, does not mean I am currently immortal myself, right? So I might ask myself how did they become immortal? How can I become immortal?

These are questions many people have concerned themselves with throughout history. Taoists and occult immortalists tend to have focused on discovering the secret of longevity. Some people have looked at what it means to become godlike. I haven't yet myself come across a school of thought that has combined the two things.

Whether or not I have an immortal in my blood, I think I'd still face the same challenge as any other human being that would like to be godlike or develop longevity to its ultimate (immortality).

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
CH Moderator
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

Topic moved to suitable section.

Bartlebee
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 500
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
Zodiac:

I think the answer is yes, but in three increasingly difficult ways.

A human soul will continue growing and developing through reincarnation perpetually unless it is destroyed (some, including myself, believe it can be destroyed in some circumstances; I know others hold a different view.) So although human existence can't be had without death, the souls progression can be functionally endless.

With occult practice, one common goal is to develop a series of bodies to allow for a constant unified existence somewhere in the astral, a deific plane (that is, a plane or 'planet' that's controlled by a particular god or hierarchy of gods,) or within a self-created 'pocket' universe (usually initiated while the occultist is still alive here on earth.) Although they will persist indefinitely, they still will not be the controllers of anything except their own creations.

But to become an Immortal, you'll need the other Immortals to let you in the club and give you access to their special abilities. The Immortals have both powers and responsibilities-they embody and control aspects of the Universe. I believe you would need to convince the other Immortals to let you join them, and that won't happen until the aspirant has developed their powers and reputation with them to the point that THEY respect you. I imagine this is difficult 😃. After all most of them will have had the advantage of millions, billions, or even trillions of years of development and learning behind them. Most of them will have had training from their predecessor in office as well. No one can walk in and take their place.

Lux
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a master

I am of the opinion that we are multidimensional beings. You could actually be already that what you call an immortal, but not aware of it, because at the moment you are only focused on your human aspect (on this dimension). It could be, that when you decided to incarnate you wanted to experience all this from a limited 3D perspective and forget about your true reality and the other dimensions of your Self for a while.

To answer your question, I don't think it is possible for someone who has Thor in his blood, to turn into Thor and fly in the sky with a hammer, because of the obvious limitations of this reality, but in the case you are able to reconnect with your Thor immortal aspect, you can express your Thor identity as a human. You will know you are Thor and you will have very specific traits which are those of Thor. And if you really are an incarnation of Thor chances are you won't go around saying that, as you will know it is not necessary to tell the world (without mentioning the possibility that most of the world will think you are delusional...). So it might be you can "be" or "become" an immortal, but it is up to you to discover if that is possible or not.

Return to “Immortals”