biohazardzombie
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 0
Zodiac:

Hi everyone. So I recently purchased a binding of Goddess Isis because I’ve always been told I’ve had a connection with her and I’ve seen her in meditation before.

The thing is though, I grew up (and still am) in an abusive household. Through a lot of my life my step dad has verbally abused me and has made me feel worthless. I struggle day to day if I’m honest. (I’m 24)

In the description it says Isis takes on her keeper as a child? She’s the mother goddess. What are some things she can do to help me find myself again? I want to show her respect and get to know her as a friend too. What are some others on the forums experiences with her?

Muse
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: No favorites, sorry
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sane
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Somethin' snazzy I suppose
Zodiac:

I can't speak for Isis personally, but Lilith has been and still is similar for me in my life. I grew up in a lot of very abusive and neglectful environments that often left me learning most things on my own (including bad habits) and coping with mental disorders without support.

Lilith first came to me as a child, but I only ever really noticed her as Lilith (versus a random watcher or visitor) when I was a teenager. To put it simply, I've only recently gotten settled on my own with a healthy dynamic and supportive friends.

Adjusting to a normal life after 18+ years of abuse has been hard, and in some cases I even pushed Lilith away...or at least, I thought that I had. Turns out you can't get rid of her that easily, which is nice since as you might imagine (and possibly could relate to,) I also have some pretty intense attachment issues.

Anyway, tangent aside (I felt context might be necessary,) the ways Lilith has helped me might be similar in how Isis helps you. So I'll just list those briefly in hopes that you get a general idea...

1. You're never alone. You might feel alone, but when a God or Goddess claims you - you're basically theirs. Forever. They're almost always willing to show themselves in order to comfort or help you unless they believe staying quiet will help you more. If you're like me and you struggle with accepting positive relationships and support, this alone will slowly help you heal. Maybe not all the way, but it definitely helps the process.

2. Self discovery is personal, and a large goal, but everything starts out small. It can also be rather painful because it will involve a lot of shadow work. Especially for members who have been in less than ideal circumstances (which, in my experience, most "serious" spiritual people have had pretty rough experiences). The deity you work with or the deity who has claimed you will carry a major role in both instigating and guiding that process, whether we like it or not sometimes. How they do it is different for everyone and likely depends on the deity.

For me, Lilith stood with me as I tolerated years of relationship abuse both familial and partner based, and helped me slowly recognize what was and wasn't healthy by putting the right people in my path at the right times. She's still doing so now, actually. Though I'm a little in denial at the moment.

3. You'll notice a lot of things falling into place simply by "coincidence", and you'll find it easier to ignore or avoid situations where you might not have otherwise had the strength to do so. Comes with having godly awesomeness on your side of the court.

4. You might have small moments; dreams, messages, songs, or otherwise that trigger intense emotions such as comfort or sadness. I had these moments with certain lucid dreams or a well placed Spotify shuffle song. This is apart of healing and bonding and it'll feel very out of place and surprising, but you'll feel good. Even during the sorrow. It's a weird combination that I'm sure you'll get when it actually happens.

It's really hard to put into words what specific things can occur or transpire since it's such a personal situation, not to mention an intense one. I hope the above helps bring at least a little light to your confusion. I'm sure if you asked Isis, she'd find a way to share more with you.

"Do what you can, when you can, and avoid the unnecessary."
- Muse
Opelia Rendon
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 150
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Sterling Angel
If I could be anything, I would be...: a mage
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

Getting yourself out of that situation is the best answer. But someone saying something is way different than when you experience it. I had many issues and had to cope, but I copy what Muse had said, you're never alone and don't feel alone. It took me time to accept that I needed to fight back both mentally and (non violently) physically.

I drifted thru school and always thought I was worthless and nothing. I could try to speak to my parents then, but they couldn't relate and were stuck in their old fashioned ways, ie: ignore the bullies, do well in school... Yeah.

Not in a forceful way or like condescending way - despite how depression and broken mentality may make it sound like: you do have someone to lean on.

My suggestion for you to is begin planning and make reasonable and realistic plans for the future. You may ask her to guide out of your current situation and into one where you can learn to grow, in all facets. Do acknowledge where you may lack on your own, but continue on your path.

As for Isis, she's a caring being. I've worked with her before and she doesn't judge. But she wants the best for you. So please look within yourself and ask what is it that you truly want and let her know.

Be honest and open with yourself

"The first step towards change is acceptance. Once you accept yourself, you open the door to change. That's all you have to do. Change is not something that you do, it's what you allow." - Will Garcia

Literally so many spirits and entities now, even after I said I would not get anymore. But definitely under 200. May it stay that way :p)

Return to “Immortals”