Losing your soul ?!?

PrincessKnight
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

chiasmox wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:50 pm Ubi don't have a good reputation whatsoever, especially with people that don't engage in spirit keeping. Now I have no idea if she does. I didn't really check her out now.

I don't know if you really can lose your soul. I'm aware of fragmenting, which can happen in case of having had a traumatising experience, but outside of that? Mh. Afaik energy never gets lost, just changed.
I also think that.

angelicpeace
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Archangel
If I could be anything, I would be...: Angel
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

Ive had some crazy experiences and yes, you can loose a big part of yourself/ soul if you give yourself sexually to a demon or sexually parasitic entity. It can happen and a lot of times they come as friendly spirits with ulterior motives. You have to be careful.

Artorias
new here
new here
Male/Female: Male
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Artorias
Zodiac:

No, you cannot lose your soul whatever you do.

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

Different usages of the word soul can cause confusion or misunderstanding. (I can think of 3.)

1 Divine Soul

I agree with Artorias that you cannot lose your Soul, as this is the particular understanding of the soul that CH (and others) have, ie that it is the divine core that is the uniqueness of who you are in this life.

The soul is the divine aspect of yourself; the elementally pure & untouched part of you which will live on throughout eternity. It is not to be confused with your spirit which is an entirely different thing. Your soul is the aspect of yourself which makes you who you are at the core; the unchangeable aspects.

https://shop.creepyhollows.com/protecti ... -soul.html

It has been said here on this Forum that this Soul cannot be bargained away or 'lost'.

2 Shamanic 'soul loss'

This is a different concept and is from a different philosophical viewpoint. The Soul in this is not the same thing as in the definition above, just as the complex concepts of soul in Chinese chi theory or in ancient Egyptian thought are not the same as in Shamanism.

Shamanic soul loss healing is a kind of psychological healing, with what you might call a paranormal dimension, both in my experience and from what Ive read. So I'd say it's perhaps closer to the Greek meaning of the word Psyche (soul).

3 Loose language

And many writers in the past have used the words soul and spirit interchangeably. So you get some spiritualists talking about souls in the afterlife and some talking about spirits, when they both mean no-longer living beings. One of the many things I like about Creepy Hollows is that they distinguish clearly between the soul and the spirit and know what they mean when they use the words.

I often say that the word is not the thing. Once what someone means has been clarified, discussion can make a lot better progress. That's also one thing I like about academic papers. They often begin by setting out definitions: what they mean by this and that, so even other leading academics don't misunderstand.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]

Return to “Nympho / Succubus / Incubus”