new here
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 4
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Psy vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: Elf
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

Hello! I'm pretty new to spirit keeping and have a question. In CH encyclopedia it says that in order to subdue an incubus is to place the vessel near a rosary. I don't want to subdue my incubus spirit but I did on a couple of occasions wear his vessel near a simple medallion with Virgin Mary and baby Jesus on it on a chain. The medallion and the chain at one point were blessed by a priest. So my question is do I unintentionally subdue my incubus when I wear his vessel with that medallion? I do notice that I have decreased to no manifestation from him lately. Thank you!

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

Katenok1988 wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:16 am Hello! I'm pretty new to spirit keeping and have a question. In CH encyclopedia it says that in order to subdue an incubus is to place the vessel near a rosary. I don't want to subdue my incubus spirit but I did on a couple of occasions wear his vessel near a simple medallion with Virgin Mary and baby Jesus on it on a chain. The medallion and the chain at one point were blessed by a priest. So my question is do I unintentionally subdue my incubus when I wear his vessel with that medallion? I do notice that I have decreased to no manifestation from him lately. Thank you!
I'm guessing not, as it wasn't a rosary. Those subduing tips are very specific. And I think the effect only lasts while the subduing item is in place, afaik.

The idea is to either calm down (subdue) an overactive spirit companion, if they are too much for us at some point, or to 'punish' one that has broken the house rules. As they're conjured and bound willingly to be a companion, I think it brings home that they're on the naughty step, so they realise they should modify their behaviour.

I don't think it's actually painful / torture / cruelty. Maybe it's like when a toddler is literally put on the naughty step, left alone and ignored. They don't like it but it can have a positive effect on their behaviour as they like to be included and in your good books again.

You can also block a bound spirit temporarily. There's a spell to do this in each of the CH books on Arts guidance (WA & DA). I think that achieves the same things.

For some spirits, putting their vessel away from where you normally pass for a while may be enough, if their energy's too strong or they misbehave. Of course, the first step is to talk to them. Subduing and blocking may never be necessary.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]

Return to “Nympho / Succubus / Incubus”