Sexual Beings and Sexual Trauma Question

VanNocturne
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: ...it's a secret!
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: ...it's also a secret.

0x. I just have a simple question. In addition with help from a licensed mental health professional of course, could a sexual Spirit assist with overcoming sexual trauma from childhood?

My thoughts are as such. Many adults with childhood trauma from sexual abuse often become full of self loathing and (subconsciously) resort to obesity to act as a boundary, so that they are unattractive and keep sexual attention away from them, and therefore prevent what they deem to be threatening and harmful. I also know that many of these adults want to have a healthy relationship, but struggle with sex because of their past. I'm wondering if a sexual Spirit could provide a "transition" of sorts from "sex=bad" to "okej this isn't as negative as my past experiences led me to believe", to "in a healthy relationship with a real person".

Are sexual beings capable of playing the role of a (for lack of better description) "trauma informed sex coach" who can help somebody gain sexual experience, and confidence, help teach boundaries while trying new things? I'd also think this might appeal to adult survivors of sexual trauma because there's no risk of pregnancy or STDs, and (as far as I'm aware) no risk of sexual assault.

This might border on medical advice, and since this is not what I'm going for, I'm asking this question as "is this possible?". 0x.

|..| Hail Thyself |..|
Lonik
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 31
Spelled Number: 8
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampires
If I could be anything, I would be...: Siren
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Lonik
Zodiac:

I think so yes. If you order a costum conjure make sure you put this in the notes so the conjurer knows what are you looking for. I would advice to look up nympo spirits and concuans entity's they are both white arts and they are not going to challenge your house rules, boundaries etc.

Follow your heart till it bleeds as we run towards the end of the dream. 8*8
Johnny Seraph
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 6
Spelled Number: 6
Your favorite spirit to work with: Gregori Watcher
If I could be anything, I would be...: Angel
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

E, my incubus, once said elsewhere--and I don't have the link in front of me--that healing missions are no small honor for incubi, because they understand how serious that sort of work is.

And WA spirits won't hurt you, true enough. But, have you ever heard about having to break a bone, again, to make sure it heals properly? The bone itself may be just fine if it's left in the wrong place, but the surrounding muscles, tendons, and whatnot could be damaged. So, don't rule ubi out for that sort of thing. Sometimes, facing your pain head-on, with experienced help at your side, can be more effective.

But yeah, DEFINITELY detail the situation in the notes, if you get one of those customed.

One thing I'd also suggest, is to make sure that the spirit has enough moxie to be unmistakable, for those times when they need to reach out to you. This is not a situation where you want to fall for a trickster, if that's not blindingly obvious.

VanNocturne
neophyte
neophyte

0x. For clarification, I was asking this as a general question, not for myself. I should've stated this in my original post, my bad.

But this is good to know! As I thought sexual Spirits weren't capable of comprehending boundaries, and were just balls of sexual energy floating around. Looks like that says more about my lack of knowledge! Thank you for your answers! 0x.

|..| Hail Thyself |..|
Johnny Seraph
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

E just snarked, "We know, we're more than just a little misunderstood. And some of us actually DO have trouble acting normal when we're nervous."

VanNocturne
neophyte
neophyte

Johnny Seraph wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 3:57 pm E just snarked, "We know, we're more than just a little misunderstood. And some of us actually DO have trouble acting normal when we're nervous."
0x. To E: my reply to your friend/keeper was both me admitting that I lack knowledge (as I'm new to Spirit Keeping) about sexual spirits such as yourself, and me stating what I thought was a fact. My response was not intended to be an insult to you personally, nor to your fellow sexual spirits as a race. That being said, I would like to thank you for expressing yourself so openly, because it taught something I needed to learn.

To Johnny: thank you for sharing the analogy that E taught you. I will remember it well! 0x.

|..| Hail Thyself |..|
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

As this is is a general question (*not* a request for medical advice)...

Modern shamanic practice, especially what Sandra Ingerman does and practices, has been described as being beneficial for survivors of sexual trauma.

Soul retrieval, as it's called, is a big part of that complementary therapy, so my guess is spirits that can help with soul retrieval may be useful. The idea is a piece of our 'soul' splits off due to trauma and goes off somewhere else in the shamanic universe. A skilled shaman (or us, if we're trained) can journey to find that soul fragment and tempt it to return it to us, making us more whole again.

Zimadas from Mystic Morning Treasures do this.

And I'm pretty sure I've seen some sexual spirits described as being able to help with shame about sexual matters. Shame in that sense may be more about cultural conditioning, rather than a part of survivor trauma, however....seeing sex as dirty, not natural.

Water Nymphs from MMT have that kind of ability.

Divorcing the sexual aspect from trauma, spirits that can help with emotional trauma may be useful.

Moon Whispers from MMT help with that.

Those are just examples. (I realise I haven't mentioned any CH spirits. I cant think of any just now)

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
Johnny Seraph
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

@Van

That actually was a reference. E was riffing on the lyrics to "'Round Here" by Counting Crows. The verse in question goes:

"Maria came from Nashville with a suitcase in her hand
She says she'd like to meet a boy who looks like Elvis
And she walks along the edge of where the ocean meets the land
Just like she's walking on a wire in the circus
And she parks her car outside my house and takes her clothes off
Says she's close to understanding Jesus
She knows she's more than just a little misunderstood
She has trouble acting normal when she's nervous
'Round here, we're carving out our names
'Round here, we all look the same
'Round here, we talk just like lions, but we sacrifice like lambs
'Round here, she's slipping through my hands."

It's a song you really should listen to if you've never heard it: the way Adam Duritz delivers the vocals isn't something that can be duplicated in cold print.

Not surprised if you missed the reference, as that song is more than 25 years old, thus the quotation in context.

VanNocturne
neophyte
neophyte

Johnny Seraph wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 3:54 am @Van

That actually was a reference. E was riffing on the lyrics to "'Round Here" by Counting Crows. The verse in question goes:

"Maria came from Nashville with a suitcase in her hand
She says she'd like to meet a boy who looks like Elvis
And she walks along the edge of where the ocean meets the land
Just like she's walking on a wire in the circus
And she parks her car outside my house and takes her clothes off
Says she's close to understanding Jesus
She knows she's more than just a little misunderstood
She has trouble acting normal when she's nervous
'Round here, we're carving out our names
'Round here, we all look the same
'Round here, we talk just like lions, but we sacrifice like lambs
'Round here, she's slipping through my hands."

It's a song you really should listen to if you've never heard it: the way Adam Duritz delivers the vocals isn't something that can be duplicated in cold print.

Not surprised if you missed the reference, as that song is more than 25 years old, thus the quotation in context.
0x. I'm older than 25, but I will check out this song. Thank you for the recommendation. 0x.

|..| Hail Thyself |..|

Return to “Nympho / Succubus / Incubus”