Answers: 0
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Don't know
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human

darkwing dook wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 7:04 am
someone wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 3:07 am This is a late post but I feel the need to warn you away from the jiang shi. Unless you already have formed a bond with one, please stay away from them. The jiang shi is dangerous and not like typical vampires from Western culture. You can find much more reliable companions that have a nocturnal nature and will help enrich your life rather than drain it away.
Maybe so, when they're unbound. But won't it be safer if they are conjured and bound by reliable conjurers?
Do you have any experience with bound jiang shi from conjurers you trust?
Bound just means that they are bound to something by a connection, not so much bound as in "controlled." In fact, I'd go so far as to argue no spirit is 100% subdued. I personally do not have experience with jiang shi, also I have yet to buy from a conjurer I 100% trust, but that's getting off topic.

My main concern is the jiang shi is very take and then take again rather than take and give. The only thing I heard them used for that is remotely benevolent is that some Chinese families may use them as guardians, but this was a word-of-mouth story I heard from a teacher I had, I have yet to find sources that support this, though. Dating though? You have to realize jiang shi tend to not retain much personality (僵尸 literally just means "hopping corpse/dead"), and also have an energy imbalance which will lead to either very volatile personalities or bestial ones that have a more animal-like urge to survive. Are there jiang shi who are more normal? Probably. Have there been people who had happy relationships with them? Maybe. Is it likely that you'll find these things from one? I'd say no. I don't want to be a pretentious a-hole about this, but I noticed more "exotic" spirits tend to have little information readily available online and I just want to make sure no one is hurt because of it. If you really are deadset on it, go for it, but keep in mind the dangers. Even if a conjurer is "reliable," every spirit is different and has its own motivations and personalities like living people and even with people alive, it's impossible to always tell what those motivations are.

I'm going to save myself time: READ "THREE BOOKS OF OCCULT PHILOSOPHY"

I make the best french toast.
darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

someone wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:37 am Bound just means that they are bound to something by a connection, not so much bound as in "controlled." In fact, I'd go so far as to argue no spirit is 100% subdued.
That's a misunderstanding.
Being bound is not just about connection, that's more of an attachment. The binding is an agreement, a contract if you will. At least when done by reliable conjurer:
https://www.creepyhollows.com/faq/index ... artlang=en
While not about 100% controlling the spirit as that's slavery and most likely done by unethical conjurer, a good binding should be agreed by both the conjurer and the spirit.

And this:
someone wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 3:07 am The jiang shi is dangerous and not like typical vampires from Western culture.
Do you have experience with western vampires? What makes you think that they are different from jiang shi and not as dangerous?
Unbound vampires from any culture can be dangerous because they are predatory, not to be underestimated. They're not twinkly like Twilight and the like. In old western cultures, they are equated with demon, evil, the dead.

someone wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:37 am I personally do not have experience with jiang shi, also I have yet to buy from a conjurer I 100% trust, but that's getting off topic.
...but this was a word-of-mouth story I heard from a teacher I had, I have yet to find sources that support this, though.
If you judge based on myth or hearsay, that sounds like those from Islamic tradition who are convinced that all djinns are dangerous and must warn everyone to stay away from them. Yet, we have people here who have no problem with keeping djinn.

By the way, 僵 or 殭 means stiff or rigid, not hopping. Thus 僵屍 or 殭屍 literally means 'stiff corpse'.

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
someone
new here
new here
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Don't know
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human

darkwing dook wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 5:46 am
someone wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:37 am Bound just means that they are bound to something by a connection, not so much bound as in "controlled." In fact, I'd go so far as to argue no spirit is 100% subdued.
That's a misunderstanding.
Being bound is not just about connection, that's more of an attachment. The binding is an agreement, a contract if you will. At least when done by reliable conjurer:
https://www.creepyhollows.com/faq/index ... artlang=en
While not about 100% controlling the spirit as that's slavery and most likely done by unethical conjurer, a good binding should be agreed by both the conjurer and the spirit.

And this:
someone wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 3:07 am The jiang shi is dangerous and not like typical vampires from Western culture.
Do you have experience with western vampires? What makes you think that they are different from jiang shi and not as dangerous?
Unbound vampires from any culture can be dangerous because they are predatory, not to be underestimated. They're not twinkly like Twilight and the like. In old western cultures, they are equated with demon, evil, the dead.

someone wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:37 am I personally do not have experience with jiang shi, also I have yet to buy from a conjurer I 100% trust, but that's getting off topic.
...but this was a word-of-mouth story I heard from a teacher I had, I have yet to find sources that support this, though.
If you judge based on myth or hearsay, that sounds like those from Islamic tradition who are convinced that all djinns are dangerous and must warn everyone to stay away from them. Yet, we have people here who have no problem with keeping djinn.

By the way, 僵 or 殭 means stiff or rigid, not hopping. Thus 僵屍 or 殭屍 literally means 'stiff corpse'.
僵 does mean "stiff" that was my bad. Also, the Islamic tradition has mixed legends on djinn that basically says they are very individualistic and not necessarily good or evil as we would see it. Same with Hinduism and rakshasas. However, Taoism rather explicitly does state jiang shi are not benevolent and more predatory. However, it seems you have your opinion and I have mine, and I am not trying to one up you or anything, someone asked for information and I wanted to give what I knew.

I'm going to save myself time: READ "THREE BOOKS OF OCCULT PHILOSOPHY"

I make the best french toast.
Goldenaries86
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 2
Your favorite spirit to work with: Open
If I could be anything, I would be...: A ring
My magical/paranormal name...: Kentra.

someone wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 3:07 am This is a late post but I feel the need to warn you away from the jiang shi. Unless you already have formed a bond with one, please stay away from them. The jiang shi is dangerous and not like typical vampires from Western culture. You can find much more reliable companions that have a nocturnal nature and will help enrich your life rather than drain it away.
What if I already got one before I knew? He’s not mean.

Goldenaries86
new here
new here

What if there is already a bond? Like I didn’t find out all about them till after I got him! And he’s the sweetest spirit! He’s kind and nice giving! He doesn’t cause issues he protective! So after the fact I found out what type of vampire he was I still would never give him up! He’s nothing like the description of what he is. I’ve had him almost a year too.

Shadow Stitches
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 40
Spelled Number: 8
Your favorite spirit to work with: Kelpie
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

Goldenaries86 wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:07 am
What if there is already a bond? Like I didn’t find out all about them till after I got him! And he’s the sweetest spirit! He’s kind and nice giving! He doesn’t cause issues he protective! So after the fact I found out what type of vampire he was I still would never give him up! He’s nothing like the description of what he is. I’ve had him almost a year too.
I relate strongly to this post, although my experience involves a different race of spirit. Back when ParaEcho was still online, I made a post about the fact that I was feeling called to add a kelpie to my spirit family. I had a group of people spend two or three days trying to talk me out of it because of the folklore about kelpies. I am glad I didn't let them talk me out of it, so far my kelpie is the spirit I have the closest/strongest bond with out of all those in my keep. She is a sweet and extremely helpful spirit.

Goldenaries86
new here
new here

Shadow Stitches wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:59 am
Goldenaries86 wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:07 am
I relate strongly to this post, although my experience involves a different race of spirit. Back when ParaEcho was still online, I made a post about the fact that I was feeling called to add a kelpie to my spirit family. I had a group of people spend two or three days trying to talk me out of it because of the folklore about kelpies. I am glad I didn't let them talk me out of it, so far my kelpie is the spirit I have the closest/strongest bond with out of all those in my keep. She is a sweet and extremely helpful spirit.
Same here. What I was trying in this post to find out was like what do I need to feed him stuff like that. But I just felt with what to feed him on my own! He needs chi energies and I figured getting him a charging orb and having various charging rocks around the house would due. And I have a charging energy I put on my ring all from ch! And I got the master vessal so that I could add him to it so he could get charging energy from that. So I hope that is good enough. Cause he’s a vampire that lives off of chi life energy so that is why they say his mind are dangerous. But I figured if I did this it should take care of his needs and he shouldn’t feel like he needs to drain any one!

Return to “Vampire”