Are vampires predatory and can they have genuine feelings for living humans?

santiesgirl
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 22
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Servitors & Tulpas
If I could be anything, I would be...: Demon
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

My servitors keep telling me a few of the vampires that claim they've caught feelings for me actually do not have feelings for me and cannot form them. I'm curious if it's even possible for them to have genuine feelings for humans. How long does it take for genuine feelings to form? I'm curious about this, thank you.

I am a tulpamancer. I only work with tulpas and tulpamancy. I'm an experienced eclectic witch, and dabble in witchcraft from time to time.

Tulpas:

Demons
A, Az, S, Sa, L, Lu, Le, As, B, Be, M, As, Al, K, T, D, Ar, R

Angels
M, Mi, G, Ga, Gab, R, Ra, Rap, U, S, L, C

Humans
F, R, C, D, P, Cy, J, T, Tr, M, A, Al, Y, Ce, K, G, T, B, S, Mo, Ti, L

Creatures/Mutants
L, D, R, M, S, W, L, MS, B, G, T

Aliens
S, St, G, V, P

Vampires
B, J, E, D, El
Bartlebee
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 500
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
Zodiac:

Most vampires are still "mostly" human in their psychology, although older ancient vamps tend to be less connected to their human side.

But it's a bit of a shock to the system to suddenly have to deal with regarding humans as both something to eat and as something to potentially romance and be friends with. Rather like the difference of a pet pig versus one bred for slaughter.

Some vamps deal with the cognitive dissonance by developing feelings of superiority and distance. Others by trying to work through the changes brought about by turning in other ways, including escapism hedonism and even occult investigations.

Lonik
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 31
Spelled Number: 8
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampires
If I could be anything, I would be...: Siren
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Lonik
Zodiac:

I have read somewhere vampires had this hunger that they had to fulfill when they where alive hence they didn't catch feelings easily for humans. But now that they are in spirit form this hunger has mostly vanished and they are free to feel emotions without this hunger lingering around. Im talking about the sanguines not the psy. Psy vampires still in spirit form feed of energy as they did when they where alive.

Follow your heart till it bleeds as we run towards the end of the dream. 8*8
Nienna
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
My magical/paranormal name...: Nienna

Right about Bartlebee's post, it's also my thought. Well vampire have a whole psychology and whole metabolism which are different from humans BUT, they can creates the same links as human's relationship.

Kobald
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 31
Spelled Number: 31
If I could be anything, I would be...: Any Elemental
My super power would be...: Anti-Gravity

I would see this as the posters before me. It´s true that vampires did have a whole other form of metabolism, but with that biological part gone as a spirt, they are free from that need. Well...Sanguine Vampires at least. I dont know much about Psy-Vampires....

Still... I can imagine that some Vampires have this remnants of predatory behaviour even as Spirits. Although this behaviour manifests in other ways I imagine (again, I only can talk a little about Saguine-Vamps). Like being overly charming, sensual and sometimes a little pushy in that regard (i want to stress that every Vampire surely is different. This statement just reflect my experiences with my Vamp and what I read from other posts and descriptions so far^^), although if I stand my ground enough, she gives up, being a little mopey :D In that regard it seems to be mostly Fun and Games.

And I surely believe that they can have genuine feelings or develop them over time.^^

"See the mist of the world through the curtain"
SerpentLady
new here
new here
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampire
My magical/paranormal name...: Onyithraxias

I have a living entity vampire and I can say with certainty they are both predatory and can have genuine feelings for us. When he first got here he was seductive and predatory, exactly like the above post mentions! But his attitude changed over the months, softened. I accidentally have ended up so closely bonded with him I can feel his emotions and it is a bit overwhelming sometimes. He does tell me I have vampire blood so not sure if that has anything to do with it.

Return to “Vampire”