Black Vamps?

Mongrella
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
Number of Spirits: 20
Spelled Number: 30
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampires
If I could be anything, I would be...: a vamp!
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Not for public consumption
Zodiac:

Does anyone have a black vamp? I have never seen one (unless you count Blade!) which is odd. I am sure there are vamps in African traditions. And black people have been living in Europe & the USA for hundreds of years so surely a few must have been turned?
(Ok I have been drooling over Donovan McNabb again...)

Edit: it just ocurred to me that some of the Egyptian vamps might be black, yes?

Mongrella

'We have no reliable guarantee that the afterlife will be any less exasperating than this one, have we?' ...Noel Coward
Silver
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

Well, there's actually one on sale in the CH store:

http://www.creepyhollows.com/store/cart ... gory_id=89

His name is Dante, and he apparently has obsidian skin. Which would be the complete opposite to the alabaster-skinned vamps.

Amusingly enough, there is a vampire named "Blade" for sale in the CH store, though he has olive skin:

:thumbup:

Also, I would imagine that it's possible that some of the Egyptian vamps may be black.

Haunted Curiosities
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

Mongrella wrote:Does anyone have a black vamp? I have never seen one (unless you count Blade!) which is odd. I am sure there are vamps in African traditions. And black people have been living in Europe & the USA for hundreds of years so surely a few must have been turned?

Edit: it just ocurred to me that some of the Egyptian vamps might be black, yes?
Hello Sister from another mother :D McNabb lives down the street from me! I can try and get an auto for you.

wwwhauntedcuriositiescom
Mongrella
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

DeeDee wrote:
Mongrella wrote:Does anyone have a black vamp? I have never seen one (unless you count Blade!) which is odd. I am sure there are vamps in African traditions. And black people have been living in Europe & the USA for hundreds of years so surely a few must have been turned?

Hello Sister from another mother :D McNabb lives down the street from me! I can try and get an auto for you.
Ooooh yes please! :drool: :drool: :drool:

Mongrella

'We have no reliable guarantee that the afterlife will be any less exasperating than this one, have we?' ...Noel Coward
Mongrella
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Silver wrote:Well, there's actually one on sale in the CH store:

His name is Dante, and he apparently has obsidian skin. Which would be the complete opposite to the alabaster-skinned vamps.

Amusingly enough, there is a vampire named "Blade" for sale in the CH store, though he has olive skin:

:thumbup:

Also, I would imagine that it's possible that some of the Egyptian vamps may be black.
Thanks for that, Silver, I had missed Dante's listing. If he is still available next wednesday....hhhmmmm

Mongrella

Silver
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

Mongrella wrote:Thanks for that, Silver, I had missed Dante's listing. If he is still available next wednesday....hhhmmmm
You're welcome, Mongrella. I'm glad to be able to help. :)

emstrange1
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

Hi Mongrella :wave:

I wondered the same thing, so I did a google search. Here's what I found regarding African vampires-
African Vampires:

Africa has many unique twists the vampire legend.

Cannibals: There are many different cannibal legends. However, all agree that cannibals look like humans. They most often appear as a handsome young male. The mark that sets them apart from a normal human is a very sharp and jagged left thumbnail. However, some descriptions of cannibals say that in their true form they have long tails with a mouth on the end. Also, vampires can change shape. They have many ways of gaining food, and sometimes even take a human mate until the human discovers the vampire’s true nature.

Ghouls: Ghouls are described as being people, but not "children of Adam.” They have thick hair and large tusks. In some legends, they are described as having one large eye, a long neck and body, and the ability to disguise themselves as humans. They love to eat human flesh, but can fall in love with humans on occasion. They can be both male and female.

Gishu: This is the religion of the Bangesu tribe of Uganda. The Bangesu traditionally eat their dead. In a ceremony, the men of the tribe take the body to a secret place. The women follow after dark and carve from the body the pieces they wish cooked. The remaining body pieces are then burned with the exception of the skull. The skull is enshired in the house of relatives, so the ghost of the departed has some place to reside.
Source: http://www.geocities.com/vampirelore_21 ... mpires.htm
WEST AFRICAN VAMPIRE81

~Physical Characteristics~82

What was briefly mentioned in the Introduction to this report, most Vampire species appear as human but can change form to their Vampire other when fighting and feeding. However there are a few Vampire species which almost permanently look as their other and can only attain human appearance by feeding on humans. The West African Vampire is an example of this species of Vampire.83

West African Vampires are biologically a ‘blank slate’, that is to say they have a rare mutation of the albino gene that has no skin pigmentation, hair or eye colouring. This species is literally white because their bodies are unable to sustain natural colouring, which aside from the attempt to appear healthy or normal; their bodies are missing the vital hormones secreted from one example, the pituitary gland. The West African Vampire has the unnerving appearance of a human native to the continent of Africa, but with white afro hair, white eyes but for small black pupils and white, sometimes translucent skin. 84

This rare species of Vampire is usually male and their feeding pattern is concentrated on male humans. The West African Vampire’s choice of meal is not born from luxury rather it is out of necessity........
*Note: this is part of a long essay on European, South American, North American, and West African vampires. You'll have to go to the website to read the full section on African vampires as it is very long.
Source: http://storywrite.com/story/239452
Africa

Various regions of Africa have folkloric tales of beings with vampiric abilities: in West Africa the Ashanti people tell of the iron-toothed and tree-dwelling asanbosam,[69] and the Ewe people of the adze, which can take the form of a firefly and hunts children.[70] The eastern Cape region has the impundulu, which can take the form of a large taloned bird and can summon thunder and lightning, and the Betsileo people of Madagascar tell of the ramanga, an outlaw or living vampire who drinks the blood and eats the nail clippings of nobles.[71]
Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vampire#No ... an_beliefs

Speaking with Vampires eBook: http://www.escholarship.org/editions/vi ... vampires#1
Article about the author's lecture: http://media.www.dailytoreador.com/medi ... 2772.shtml

Tensions of Empire: Colonial Cultures in a Bourgeois World: http://books.google.com/books?id=-0B7MO ... &ct=result

Hope these resources help! ;)

Mongrella
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

That is brilliant, emstrange, thank you! I shall be reading up on the subject all over the weekend, I suspect.

Mongrella

emstrange1
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

Your welcome ! :thumbup: It's interesting to read about each country's/region's version of a commonly known supernatural being.

McNabb , nice choice. I wouldn't know where to begin if I could actually get a Black vampire that looks like a celebrity. So many choices :drool: Idris Elba, Marcus Wesley, Tyson Beckford, or Erin McGruder would definitely be my first picks. :inlove:

Wasnt_Me
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

Thanks for the info emstrange1.

Now, I'm wondering if there are black elves.....hmmm???

What are these principles? Those of good & evil - the belief that nothing is good for a human being which does not make him just, self-controlled, brave, & free: & nothing evil which does not make him the opposite of these.

Return to “Vampire”