Answers: 0
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 22
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Servitors & Tulpas
If I could be anything, I would be...: Demon
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

I'm extremely psychic and a lot of my DA spirits -- my werewolf J, my other few vampires E and H, my djinn E, and my Fenrir E -- keep telling me that vampires are demons. I'm confused on this. Can someone explain this to me? It feels like they're wanting me to go to hell with them or something.

No unbound tricksters. My servitors confirmed this.

I am a tulpamancer. I only work with tulpas and tulpamancy. I'm an experienced eclectic witch, and dabble in witchcraft from time to time.

Tulpas:

Demons
A, Az, S, Sa, L, Lu, Le, As, B, Be, M, As, Al, K, T, D, Ar, R

Angels
M, Mi, G, Ga, Gab, R, Ra, Rap, U, S, L, C

Humans
F, R, C, D, P, Cy, J, T, Tr, M, A, Al, Y, Ce, K, G, T, B, S, Mo, Ti, L

Creatures/Mutants
L, D, R, M, S, W, L, MS, B, G, T

Aliens
S, St, G, V, P

Vampires
B, J, E, D, El
santiesgirl
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 22
Your favorite spirit to work with: Servitors & Tulpas
If I could be anything, I would be...: Demon
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

One more thing, so I can clarify this -- can vampires use their influence to shut certain parts of your body down? They keep also claiming they can kill me by influencing my heart to stop beating so I'm curious how this works as well.

I am a tulpamancer. I only work with tulpas and tulpamancy. I'm an experienced eclectic witch, and dabble in witchcraft from time to time.

Tulpas:

Demons
A, Az, S, Sa, L, Lu, Le, As, B, Be, M, As, Al, K, T, D, Ar, R

Angels
M, Mi, G, Ga, Gab, R, Ra, Rap, U, S, L, C

Humans
F, R, C, D, P, Cy, J, T, Tr, M, A, Al, Y, Ce, K, G, T, B, S, Mo, Ti, L

Creatures/Mutants
L, D, R, M, S, W, L, MS, B, G, T

Aliens
S, St, G, V, P

Vampires
B, J, E, D, El
chiasmox
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 7

First of all, what even is your definition of "demon"? CH says that they don't conjure and bind any "demons". Their understanding of the word seems to be purely based on their orientation of the arts, ergo anything that only knows how to act malicious. In other words: BA.

So, by that definition-- no, vampires aren't demons.

Then, are we talking about the infernal? Again, CH says they don't dabble in the infernal either (as far as I remember), though I do believe that doesn't seem to apply to ubi. There are plenty of ubi races that they work with and I assume that some of them are more on the infernal side.

There are probably vampire races that inherit more infernal energies, but I don't think CH works with those. I don't know where you got your spirits from in the end.

And no, I don't think vampires can shut your body down, or any spirit for that matter. They can perhaps make you believe so, but if it were the case that they could kill you, then there would be much more chaos than the path of spirit keeping being worth it.

cairngorn
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 3

The word "demon" is pretty stretchy, yes. Maybe they mean they're creatures of the lower astral, or that they're inherently predatory. Or that yours are infernal.

As far as stopping a heart, how good are they at kinesthetic things? Manifesting? Most spirits don't move things in the physical world much. My ignorant intuition is that they can, but it must require special circumstances, is very unlikely and there are probably also defenses against that in most people usually.

Thyr
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 34
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demonic
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

It really depends on how you define demons.
The word is Greek and translates as "guide". If you'd refer to the Christian Bible almost all creatures in CH's Encyclopedia would be categorized as demons, even if they're clearly WA. All old deities: Demons. If you'd look at some older parts or origins of the Bible it would sound different. Try to look up some Bible science articles (I could only refer to German ones), maybe it will help you to clarify things with your keep.

Anyways, my PSY Vampire seems quite confused and sceptical. Her opinion: A "normal" vampire wouldn't have the ability to stop someone's heart or shut other parts of the body down. If the vampire is trained in certain abilites and attacks you over a long time, it could affect you pretty badly, but not the way you phrased it. The human body is quite complicated in some aspects and only aiming at something like a chronic illness or some kind of weakness could cause a sudden death, if it's triggered the right way.

¤ ωε nεvεr ωαlk αlonε ¤
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

I wonder if they're reading your own understanding of what 'demons' are`?

For example, imagine if I was a medieval monk talking to a Gargoyle spirit about vampires, they might well try to relate to my own concepts or beliefs and end up saying yes, they are what you think of as demons.

Or you've just been hearing your own mental processes.

Even for those of us who are quite psychic, there can be times when we think we're listening to our spirits but we're just hearing our own mind's responses. I think it's easy to think in black and white terms, like: I'm psychic so everything I hear now must be 100% true and correct. There can be a lot of noise and learning to filter that out efficiently can be a lifelong task.

I also have this thing about words and labels that I've mentioned here before.

To me a thing is not defined by its label or the word we use to describe it. It is what it is, first and foremost, then we try to find the best word or term to describe it. (Ideally one that others will not get confused by.) Next we have to cope with the confusion caused by all the different meanings other people have in mind when they hear that word or term that we use.

A brilliant example is the Catholic Church, which used to call all other forms of Christianity heretical and call itself the one true, original Christian Church. Only a couple of decades ago, a leading Protestant politician in Northern Ireland used to called Catholicism Satanic because there were statues and paintings of Jesus and God in churches. Would we call Catholics Satanists? (No.)

By the Creepy Hollows definition, Vampires are not demons but are grey / aka dark arts, like we humans are.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]

Return to “Vampire”