What is the difference between a tulpa and a servitor?

santiesgirl
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 22
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Servitors & Tulpas
If I could be anything, I would be...: Demon
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

I've been reading some about tulpas and how they're created. Is there a difference between the two? Are they similar at all? Thank you in advance.

I am a tulpamancer. I only work with tulpas and tulpamancy. I'm an experienced eclectic witch, and dabble in witchcraft from time to time.

Tulpas:

Demons
A, Az, S, Sa, L, Lu, Le, As, B, Be, M, As, Al, K, T, D, Ar, R

Angels
M, Mi, G, Ga, Gab, R, Ra, Rap, U, S, L, C

Humans
F, R, C, D, P, Cy, J, T, Tr, M, A, Al, Y, Ce, K, G, T, B, S, Mo, Ti, L

Creatures/Mutants
L, D, R, M, S, W, L, MS, B, G, T

Aliens
S, St, G, V, P

Vampires
B, J, E, D, El
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

santiesgirl wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 11:29 pm I've been reading some about tulpas and how they're created. Is there a difference between the two? Are they similar at all? Thank you in advance.
I'll keep this relatively short. Given my lengthy recent posts, that may come as a relief.

I think it all depends on what someone means when they use those words.

Generally speaking, as I understand it, normally a Tulpa is a constructed thought form that begins its existence in a person's neurological processes and might eventually develop an independent existence.

When a writer of fiction creates a character that they know well and that seems to tells the writer what they want to do, while the story is being written, that is not far off being a Tulpa.

Servitors can be made using sigils, in which case they'll be drawn/constructed to achieve a specific purpose. Energy may be sent to a sigil too during its creation.

A constructed thought form can be created to achieve or have the ability to do something specific. These will be created with energy of some form. Some people will call these servitors.

(nb A computer can be called a servitor, as it's created to serve someone in some way.)

Metaphysical servitors are usually created outside of the person creating them.

But these neat definitions aren't always kept to. People may use a variety of methods or a mixture of them and may just call their creation whatever they feel like calling it. So what one seller calls a servitor may not be identical to what CH calls a servitor...and so on.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
marcoank
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 17
Spelled Number: 10
Your favorite spirit to work with: djinn
Zodiac:

I understand the server as an astral being created artificially by a person who has been able to manipulate energies to the point of doing this, or I mean, a magician.

The tulpa, although David Neel described it, did not describe how to make it. But it is felt that she created to be an autonomous being and an entity that came to exist on the physical plane. Once a being is given free will, or he acquires free will, he can do whatever he wants and in this case the being has become rebellious.

It must be the same thing as the golems.

santiesgirl
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 22
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Servitors & Tulpas
If I could be anything, I would be...: Demon
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

I actually started researching more into it and from what I understand the defining difference is tulpas, as viewed from psychological and scientific standpoints, exist in only your head and are not a real occult phenomenon versus servitors who exist outside of you.

Tulpas, like servitors, end up either developing a personality overtime or deviate from the personality you give them. They can be made accidentally through keeping around imaginary friends, something that I truly believe happened to me since I had imaginary friends for years. You can begin creating tulpas by imagining what they look like and then talking to them in your head. Eventually they can talk back. You can even begin receiving tactile, olfactory, and other forms of hallucinations from them. They can "possess" your body and do things through you and come up with their own likes and dislikes. You have to allow them this method, however. They don't just do it at will.

You do not have to use magic to create a tulpa, whereas chaos magic/sigil magic is used in the creation of a servitor, like Lewk said. And most of the time, tulpas are not malevolent. I remember browsing /x/ a long time ago when the Slenderman trials were a thing, and lots of people said they were malevolent or could become that way. According to several sources, a good majority never do. They just simply exist to help you like a friend would.

I am a tulpamancer. I only work with tulpas and tulpamancy. I'm an experienced eclectic witch, and dabble in witchcraft from time to time.

Tulpas:

Demons
A, Az, S, Sa, L, Lu, Le, As, B, Be, M, As, Al, K, T, D, Ar, R

Angels
M, Mi, G, Ga, Gab, R, Ra, Rap, U, S, L, C

Humans
F, R, C, D, P, Cy, J, T, Tr, M, A, Al, Y, Ce, K, G, T, B, S, Mo, Ti, L

Creatures/Mutants
L, D, R, M, S, W, L, MS, B, G, T

Aliens
S, St, G, V, P

Vampires