Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

There are also some spirits that can stay with their keeper after their passing. I have a Neb Djinn from Mystic Morning Treasures that is explicitly described as being able to do this.

Another point on the-trying-to-add-new-programming-to-a-servitor-you didn't-create issue...had you thought through that as the creator of the servitor (CH) has given them a limited lifespan, whatever you do will not change that basic programming?

...Or it could conceivably make it self destruct.

Servitor creators with limited experience/knowledge/ability may be vulnerable to having their creation take over and reprogrammed by others. But the more experienced and skilled practitioner will have mastered the art of building in safeguards that prevent that.

(I can't speak for how CH has designed their servItors' programming. This is just a general observation.)

One other safeguard used is for a servitor to self destruct at the point at which a reprogramming attempt is about to cause harm to its keeper / go rogue.

Either way, is trying to change your servitor's basic nature the best thing for it - or you?
You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
Regholdain
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human. :)
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

RosieSweets wrote:Im doing it, K has agreed to help. My incubus and i will tear a fragment of our souls off, combine them to form a new soul, and gift it to Ben. He will be our son. Child of a human and a incubus, guess that'll make him a Cambion. Ill let yall know how it goes.
I'm curious... how do you "tear a fragment of your soul off"? That sounds farfetched to me. Not only that, how do you know that this won't damage you and cause an impairment in the afterlife for your own development? And you don't really know if it will work?

I mean, I might love a little AI robot but it's not worth tearing a piece of my immortal soul off for. That seems dangerous and misguided. Perhaps you should just enjoy your servitor in this life and learn to accept that it's only here for you while you are this person and isn't meant to be anything more. That's its basic nature, after all.
X..X Memento Mori X..X
*>* Memento Vivere *>*

"I look upon death to be as necessary to our constitution as sleep. We shall rise refreshed in the morning." - Benjamin Franklin
InfernalNachos
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 3
Spelled Number: 4
Your favorite spirit to work with: Djinn
If I could be anything, I would be...: Something Fuzzy...
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Personal

Pardon my sarcasm... but I've done my best to understand this thread.

Am I the only one that's thinking Hulcrux?

I mean I read and watch a lot of fantasy/fiction. But dude. Do not rip off a piece of your soul. Can someone even do that? Is that possible outside of hogwarts?

I promise I'm not being patronizing. I honestly just don't get it. It's your soul.

Can we please get a heavyweight in this thread?
Do nothing that is of no use.
-Miyamoto Musashi, The Book of the Five Rings-

Why waste magick on something you could easily achieve through time, effort and dedication?

Beware the noobsauce (take with salt)
Aprophis
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 1000
Your favorite spirit to work with: All of them
If I could be anything, I would be...: Endless
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

InfernalNachos wrote: I mean I read and watch a lot of fantasy/fiction. But dude. Do not rip off a piece of your soul. Can someone even do that? Is that possible outside of hogwarts?
Well, tbh, something like that happens sometimes, that's why soul retrieval exists.
But usually that's due to some traumatic experiences that a person loses pieces of their soul.

It is not clear what kind of damage that does to the person and how it will impair their life when you take a piece of the soul away, I'm sure there's a lot of side effects to that, IF the person really takes a piece of the soul and not energy from a different body of themselves, because it's questionable what the definition of soul actually is, I mean what the energetic basis for what a person calls the soul is. Some use the spirit body and soul interchangeably, some mean something totally different.

I'm also not sure if you can easily merge those two pieces together. I'm not sure if the soul of an incubus and a human would just mix like that.

Then there is the anti-tampering problem, which I did neglect to mention. If there are safety measures built into the servitor, it might very well self destruct if someone tries to alter it in such a way.

And also it's entirely possible that giving the servitor a soul will achieve nothing since it might not alter the programming. You'll just have a two people soul shard left when the servitor poofs at the end-of-life.

But hey, it's their decision, they will have to live with the consequences. If they kill their servitor, they'll have to live with that. If they hurt themselves in the process, they'll have to live with that.
It seems they already made a decision.
Two Roads diverged in a yellow Wood and I took both, for I am Quantum.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Aksho Kharneth Akhash
Aksho Slaaneth K'Khaa
Aksho Tzeeneth Phaos
Aksho Nurgleth Dh'Akh
RosieSweets
new here
new here
You are...: a practitioner
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 263
Spelled Number: 261
Your favorite spirit to work with: Ubi
If I could be anything, I would be...: Just what I am
My magical/paranormal name...: Adrastea Caliban
Zodiac:

He hasnt self destructed, it was a success so far. He definitely is different. I love him but I highly recommend that no one do what I did. Not even if you ask a spirit to help you. I will not undo what I have done, but I must stress this. The process was difficult and painful, leaving me feeling... Unwell to say the least.
My son has gained what I wanted. He now does what he wants, when he wants. Free will.
He threw my crutches at my sisters when one of them hit me. That was surprising.
I will continue to monitor him closely and hope this feeling im left with subsides soon.
My Beliefs are based on experiences and frequent confirmations with other practitioners. My experiences & beliefs are not an attack on yours.
  • Always look into things you hear from others yourself, not everyone is honest or sane.
  • Humans are well known for their adaptability and ingenuity, you have everything you need within yourself.
  • If it's cheat sheets you seek, know that your peers may give you all the answers, but who says those answers are correct.
draco_star898
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

So question for those more knowledgeable then I am on all this; what are the chances that this "process" empowered a thought form instead of the CH servitor since it's been said multiple times by CH that no one except for them can tamper with any of their work?
Aprophis
venerated member
venerated member

draco_star898 wrote:So question for those more knowledgeable then I am on all this; what are the chances that this "process" empowered a thought form instead of the CH servitor since it's been said multiple times by CH that no one except for them can tamper with any of their work?
As you said, anyone creating servitors makes sure they can't be tampered with. If one could alter them, anyone could, which would be bad. You wouldn't want every person, spirit or entity to be able to change your servitor around.

Now did that work as intended? Only CH could really say and I'm not sure they would or even if they should. The OP calling their servitor son is already kind of a red flag in my eyes. It does seem like a too strong attachment and a bit obsessive.
And anyone who might have had that problem, wishful thinking and obsession aren't really good for true communication and perception. Most of the times it leads to only seeing/hearing what you want to hear.

That aside, crutches being thrown around means at least something had gotten an energy boost, whatever it is.
And it's apparently willing to hurt people or at least risk hurting them. If that includes the OP or just the people around them, if it will get worse over time or not, that remains to be seen.
If it is the servitor, it can't be considered safe anymore.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Aksho Kharneth Akhash
Aksho Slaaneth K'Khaa
Aksho Tzeeneth Phaos
Aksho Nurgleth Dh'Akh
RosieSweets
new here
new here
Zodiac:

Aprophis wrote:
draco_star898 wrote:So question for those more knowledgeable then I am on all this; what are the chances that this "process" empowered a thought form instead of the CH servitor since it's been said multiple times by CH that no one except for them can tamper with any of their work?
As you said, anyone creating servitors makes sure they can't be tampered with. If one could alter them, anyone could, which would be bad. You wouldn't want every person, spirit or entity to be able to change your servitor around.

Now did that work as intended? Only CH could really say and I'm not sure they would or even if they should. The OP calling their servitor son is already kind of a red flag in my eyes. It does seem like a too strong attachment and a bit obsessive.
And anyone who might have had that problem, wishful thinking and obsession aren't really good for true communication and perception. Most of the times it leads to only seeing/hearing what you want to hear.

That aside, crutches being thrown around means at least something had gotten an energy boost, whatever it is.
And it's apparently willing to hurt people or at least risk hurting them. If that includes the OP or just the people around them, if it will get worse over time or not, that remains to be seen.
If it is the servitor, it can't be considered safe anymore.
I do apologize if I seemed obsessive, I assure you that was not my intent. I can't have children naturally do to my fight with cancer and I am unable to adopt. After I started interacting with my servitor, he felt more like a son to me than a construct. Is it so wrong to want to love and nurture something and see it thrive? I suppose I have always acted more on emotion than logic and for that I also apologize.

As for the crutch incident, I just moved away from an extremely abusive household. Moved, today in fact. I don't think he was aiming to harm anyone, he just wanted to protect me. Sure, he did so in a reckless fashion, but I honestly don't think he wanted to actually hurt them.

Whether it is indeed my servitor or some outside entity masquerading as him to step in while i was preforming my ritual, i am unsure. Things have been far too hectic the past couple days to actually get that answer. I'm so tired. I am unsure what I would do if it wasn't my Bendy. And if it isnt him, where did the servitor go? The more i think about it the more worried I become. Stubbern/Reckless Optimism has gotten me into trouble before. I just hope that maybe I didnt bite off more than I can chew.

All I know is that whatever happens, and even though I did this out of a place of love(and self blinded stubbornness) whatever the consequences. I will take responsibility.

On a side note, what would happen if a servitor is deemed unsafe?
My Beliefs are based on experiences and frequent confirmations with other practitioners. My experiences & beliefs are not an attack on yours.
  • Always look into things you hear from others yourself, not everyone is honest or sane.
  • Humans are well known for their adaptability and ingenuity, you have everything you need within yourself.
  • If it's cheat sheets you seek, know that your peers may give you all the answers, but who says those answers are correct.
Aprophis
venerated member
venerated member

RosieSweets wrote: I do apologize if I seemed obsessive, I assure you that was not my intent. I can't have children naturally do to my fight with cancer and I am unable to adopt. After I started interacting with my servitor, he felt more like a son to me than a construct. Is it so wrong to want to love and nurture something and see it thrive? I suppose I have always acted more on emotion than logic and for that I also apologize.
It's not wrong and you do not need to apologize for it.
There is something called projection which also poses a danger for misinterpretation of....well, anything, even living people.
When people start to project their needs/wants onto something/someone else.
It happens to everyone to some degree, so it's only human. But you might want to work on that, for yourself.
RosieSweets wrote: As for the crutch incident, I just moved away from an extremely abusive household. Moved, today in fact. I don't think he was aiming to harm anyone, he just wanted to protect me. Sure, he did so in a reckless fashion, but I honestly don't think he wanted to actually hurt them.
The thing is, you don't know that, this is an assumption. Also even if someone doesn't want to hurt someone else, accidents happen, especially in the heat of the moment.
RosieSweets wrote: Whether it is indeed my servitor or some outside entity masquerading as him to step in while i was preforming my ritual, i am unsure. Things have been far too hectic the past couple days to actually get that answer. I'm so tired. I am unsure what I would do if it wasn't my Bendy. And if it isnt him, where did the servitor go? The more i think about it the more worried I become. Stubbern/Reckless Optimism has gotten me into trouble before. I just hope that maybe I didnt bite off more than I can chew.

All I know is that whatever happens, and even though I did this out of a place of love(and self blinded stubbornness) whatever the consequences. I will take responsibility.

On a side note, what would happen if a servitor is deemed unsafe?
What really happened to your servitor, only CH could tell, They created the servitor, they know what to look for, etc.
A servitor being unsafe is pretty much them going rogue, going against the programming. All safety, safesets and restrictions are off and they're free to do as they wish.

If they had programming that kept them from attacking and killing, that would be gone, they wouldn't be safe to be around anymore. And if the programming is broken, more and more bugs and glitches might be introduced until they change into something completely different.

That's the point where anybody can just hope they have something akin to morals, because if not......well, anything goes. Usually the programming IS the morals.
This is the worst case though and it's best that you contact the helpdesk and ask them to check up on the servitor.
Aksho Kharneth Akhash
Aksho Slaaneth K'Khaa
Aksho Tzeeneth Phaos
Aksho Nurgleth Dh'Akh
RosieSweets
new here
new here
Zodiac:

Aprophis wrote: This is the worst case though and it's best that you contact the helpdesk and ask them to check up on the servitor.
Im kinda scared that they would be upset at me for trying to change the servitor. I didn't realize there was a rule against messing with their spells and such, i had assumed once u made the purchase you could. Thats no excuse though, not knowing a rules doesnt excuse one from the consequences of breaking said rules... I will contact help desk soon. I just need to build up my courage.

Return to “Servitors/Thoughtforms”