Answers: 0
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 3
Spelled Number: 2
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragon Angel Uni
If I could be anything, I would be...: Angel
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Windsong

Hi all, what are your thoughts/experiences with thoughtforms as protection? I would task it with patrolling parameter and identifying, kicking out all unbounds. I like the idea of something I don’t have to interact with so I can keep the family small... I may still get actual protective guardians. I also like the idea of it being constructed of my energy. I feel like nobody takes protecting me and my clan more seriously than I. And I recently discovered I have bloodlines going back to the roots of shamanism in China so I think there’s more power in there than I thought* :) ;) Any thoughts?

As far as appearance I wanted something intimidating but not too crazy. I understand that many unbounds were people too and I just want them to move along, I’m not trying to ruin anyone’s day lol. I love the idea of a 6ft white rhino with some ice influence. Glowing blue eyes, frosted skin, snorting cold mist at folks. Lol. Also toyed with the idea of a dino (the one that flies).

If anyone has already done this or has insight plz let me know.

Grey witch of a wonderfully eclectic coven. Clairaudient, empath and card reader since childhood. Raised near historic Salem in one of the oldest Victorians in town, spirits have long been family. Lucky to have: A Schalan, A Butterfly Dragon, A Black Fae Unicorn, A Zimada, A Volkh, and a Soul Cleanser on my path.
RyanJZ
new here
new here
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 2
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: I don’t know yet

Bump! I’ve been wondering about this too (thoughtforms as protection)

Muse
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: No favorites, sorry
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sane
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Somethin' snazzy I suppose
Zodiac:

Nolo614 wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 4:48 pm Hi all, what are your thoughts/experiences with thoughtforms as protection?
I'm not sure if mine count as thoughtforms now, since they went from ideas to beings, to Master Servitors with the aid of Papahood, but I'll give my two cents for whatever it's worth. Personally speaking the two beings I have are my favorite, partially due to the customization that comes with having them as work buddies and partially due to just how much they can become overtime. For example, S started out as an errand runner (his main form being a King Cheetah, because I thought the speed would help out) but later became a powerful defense force - which is why I mention him here. His protective abilities are on par with some of the most powerful beings I've had the honor of meeting due to his adaptability, and because he was initially born from my own thoughts our bonding was by far the easiest as well. He also has telepathic abilities (as most do) so he's always alert for danger and ready to help me out of things in a jiffy.

As for the other one, who we'll call W, I believe in the saying that the best defense is to take care of the basics first. W helps remind me of when to cleanse things, as well as takes care of me when I don't have the energy and time to do the basics myself; including things such as clearing out yucky things from the auric field, helping balance chakras, so on and so forth. Where S can be considered the muscle of the two, W is more like the brains (not that S isn't also equally smart). They both work in tandem to help keep myself and those I love well-guarded and clean, which means the world to me since I'm far too adhd to handle everything on my own. Them being servitors also helps comfort me, because I don't need to worry if they "don't wanna do something" or "want an offering" or anything really. I made them with the help of a skilled practitioner who could fill in the cracks I couldn't, so I know that they not only view helping me as something they like doing but I also know that they're ready and willing to handle whatever I throw at them.

That clarity helps dispel any doubt or fear, which makes working with magic and taking on new endeavors much less stressful than it otherwise would be. So in short, I think that everyone should start with thoughtforms if they can. It can turn into something quite amazing if you're willing to put in the work and effort (getting help along the way to make sure things go smoothly is also not a bad idea either). Especially if it's for something as important as a good defensive measure.

"Do what you can, when you can, and avoid the unnecessary."
- Muse
Nolo614
new here
new here
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 3
Spelled Number: 2
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragon Angel Uni
If I could be anything, I would be...: Angel
My magical/paranormal name...: Windsong

Muse wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 12:49 am
Nolo614 wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 4:48 pm Hi all, what are your thoughts/experiences with thoughtforms as protection?
I'm not sure if mine count as thoughtforms now, since they went from ideas to beings, to Master Servitors with the aid of Papahood, but I'll give my two cents for whatever it's worth. Personally speaking the two beings I have are my favorite, partially due to the customization that comes with having them as work buddies and partially due to just how much they can become overtime. For example, S started out as an errand runner (his main form being a King Cheetah, because I thought the speed would help out) but later became a powerful defense force - which is why I mention him here. His protective abilities are on par with some of the most powerful beings I've had the honor of meeting due to his adaptability, and because he was initially born from my own thoughts our bonding was by far the easiest as well. He also has telepathic abilities (as most do) so he's always alert for danger and ready to help me out of things in a jiffy.

As for the other one, who we'll call W, I believe in the saying that the best defense is to take care of the basics first. W helps remind me of when to cleanse things, as well as takes care of me when I don't have the energy and time to do the basics myself; including things such as clearing out yucky things from the auric field, helping balance chakras, so on and so forth. Where S can be considered the muscle of the two, W is more like the brains (not that S isn't also equally smart). They both work in tandem to help keep myself and those I love well-guarded and clean, which means the world to me since I'm far too adhd to handle everything on my own. Them being servitors also helps comfort me, because I don't need to worry if they "don't wanna do something" or "want an offering" or anything really. I made them with the help of a skilled practitioner who could fill in the cracks I couldn't, so I know that they not only view helping me as something they like doing but I also know that they're ready and willing to handle whatever I throw at them.

That clarity helps dispel any doubt or fear, which makes working with magic and taking on new endeavors much less stressful than it otherwise would be. So in short, I think that everyone should start with thoughtforms if they can. It can turn into something quite amazing if you're willing to put in the work and effort (getting help along the way to make sure things go smoothly is also not a bad idea either). Especially if it's for something as important as a good defensive measure.
Thanks for the insight Muse, I could definitely use one that reminded me to cleanse and keep my chakras in check. It’s nice to hear about their abilities, idk why I had such low expectations of them as almost the roomba of the spirit world, just doing one task repetitively! I’m feeling better since taking the plunge on a Volkh but could definitely use household protection for when we’re away, and I’ve been focusing on healing myself lately so having a reminder to meditate or cleanse is sort of a must if I want to get to where I want to be. I’ll update here when I have more experience with one, I hope everyone had a happy Samhain!

~ Samhain blessings on the path ~

Grey witch of a wonderfully eclectic coven. Clairaudient, empath and card reader since childhood. Raised near historic Salem in one of the oldest Victorians in town, spirits have long been family. Lucky to have: A Schalan, A Butterfly Dragon, A Black Fae Unicorn, A Zimada, A Volkh, and a Soul Cleanser on my path.
Shifa
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: in the learning process
If I could be anything, I would be...: Espada
My magical/paranormal name...: Despair Kitten

Muse wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 12:49 am

I’m just jumping in here with kitty excitement because it’s not often I come across someone who knows what a King Cheetah is. :3

I see. So this is it. It lies here within this palm. The heart.
Muse
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Your favorite spirit to work with: No favorites, sorry
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sane
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Somethin' snazzy I suppose
Zodiac:

Shifa wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:34 am I’m just jumping in here with kitty excitement because it’s not often I come across someone who knows what a King Cheetah is. :3
*friendly hat tip* I know too many things about too many animals, but I'm glad to have made a happy moment for you.

"Do what you can, when you can, and avoid the unnecessary."
- Muse

Return to “Servitors/Thoughtforms”