Południca - Dangerous undead 'demon' that cases heatstrokes to farmers at noon (Person had an encounter)

HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortal(gods)
If I could be anything, I would be...: an Immortal/similar
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

A person reported an actual encounter in their life and a family member killed by one, and had no idea before his grandmother who was raised with knowledge of folklore warned him not to seek it. Do these only exist in a particular country?: https://youtu.be/mk31miZXg7w?t=1450

HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

-And how would you protect yourself? Shows that paranormal beings anyway both good or bad might appear as normal people we don't know are that way. Its hard to say.

HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Video with info on them, any thoughts? https://youtu.be/CRjGt5_d48A?t=390

Supernaut
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 1
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

There are many stories from cultures around the world about these kinds of predatory entities that take the shape of maidens to lure people towards danger. Back when I was a skeptic, I assumed they were simply meant to be cautionary allegories, but now I've begun to think otherwise.

Since these 'demons' don't inhabit the material plane, they aren't capable of directly harming our worldly vessels... which is why they rely on killing humans through indirect means. They can't affect our bodies, but they can affect our minds to a certain degree, dulling our senses and luring us with pleasing images as we unwittingly die from exposure, drowning or any other sort of hazard we can normally avoid while in a lucid state.

I find it interesting that there are reports of them becoming hideously deformed as the potential victim draws closer. It seems like they aren't fully capable of hiding their true malignant intentions, causing them to manifest as grotesque instead of beautiful once they're close enough for the kill.

"For freedom is the man that will turn the world upside-down, therefore no wonder he hath enemies." - Gerrard Winstanley
HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Supernaut wrote:There are many stories from cultures around the world about these kinds of predatory entities that take the shape of maidens to lure people towards danger. Back when I was a skeptic, I assumed they were simply meant to be cautionary allegories, but now I've begun to think otherwise.

Since these 'demons' don't inhabit the material plane, they aren't capable of directly harming our worldly vessels... which is why they rely on killing humans through indirect means. They can't affect our bodies, but they can affect our minds to a certain degree, dulling our senses and luring us with pleasing images as we unwittingly die from exposure, drowning or any other sort of hazard we can normally avoid while in a lucid state.

I find it interesting that there are reports of them becoming hideously deformed as the potential victim draws closer. It seems like they aren't fully capable of hiding their true malignant intentions, causing them to manifest as grotesque instead of beautiful once they're close enough for the kill.
Folklore says that Poludnica are 'wraiths/demons' of young women who tragically died before marriage. They need to add an entry on the Encyclopedia.

What level or plane of existence do you think the beings from 'folklore' (both good, neutral or bad like these ones) lurk on? Because some of them can take the shape of normal humans as show in this story where the guy was nearly clueless and we can somehow all see them if they're near.

J.M.Olsen
new here
new here
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 1
Your favorite spirit to work with: no single preference
If I could be anything, I would be...: draelith
My magical/paranormal name...: have decided not to use one, yet.

The entity does not seem demonic. More on par with a creature like a Rusalka,formerly human, restless dead without infernal or abyssal ties.The word is Polish, the letter "ł" (pronounced like the English "w", doesn't occur in other Slavic languages. )

Return to “Black Arts”