Site Admin
Site Admin
Answers: 0
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

For many people, using a wand during their casting of spells, or participation in rituals, is a much-needed aspect.

Some have different wands for different purposes, and some have a master wand they use for everything.

Most practitioners have a set of wands they use for different purposes, so if you don't plan on being a habitual caster & just someone who does it for yourself & occasionally, then having one wand will certainly suffice.

Which base to choose?

- Size
: doesn't matter, pick a size that you feel comfortable holding for prolonged periods of time. Most people do not pick elongated wands, but smaller wands that are flush with their fingertips, or extend only a few inches further.

-Gemstone
: all gemstones have their own powers & their own energies that are natural contributions to whatever you are doing. You will benefit from the powers of the gemstone in addition to the powers you place upon the wand in your own spells & the spells you cast it with. You can reference any educational book, or even our Encyclopedia for assistance in seeing which gemstones have which powers. Most gemstones are natural conductors of metaphysical energy.

- Metal
: like gemstones, metals have their own powers & abilities and can conduct energy well, they can oxidize, and some metals can give off an odor after awhile, if you opt to go with a metal base, be sure you care for it well

- Wood
: the most traditional element as it contains the energy of the tree it was made from and trees are impassioned conductors of the metaphysical. Different types of wood hold different powers & energies, and not all types of wood are the same, so do some research before you make a choice.

- Bone
: different types of bone can be more mystical than others. As a human working with a wand made from human bone is the closest resonating material, but animal bone wands will suffice. They are great conductors for many types of spells and energies, and are believed to also carry the powers of the animal from whose bone the wand was made.

These bases are the most recommended and the ones most easily worked with. I would recommend against working with plastic wands.

Once you have chosen your base for a wand you can make some further decisions about decoration if you choose to have a fancier wand. Just be sure any decoration you add does not detract from the ease of usage of the wand.

Aside from hand-designing, hand-carving, or otherwise hand-creating a wand, a wand is made by the usage it receives. All spells & rituals cast with the wand will result in the wand creating an energy patina.

Conditioning a wand -

If you plan to use one wand for one purpose, conditioning is easy. The build up of energy from the spells on the wand will continually give back & resonate well with the spells you cast giving them more energy.

However, if you are going to have a master wand then conditioning may take a little more time & focus. To properly condition a wand you will want to cast a well-rounded base of spells. You do not have to cast on a regular basis, but if you want a truly powerful wand that can contribute power & energy to anything you are doing then you will want to condition by casting a variety of spells on a regular basis to build up a strong foundation of energy patina. If there are certain spells you are always going to cast, and some types of spells you never plan on casting, then concentrate on what you KNOW you are going to be working with. For example, if you plan on casting love, success, and cleansing spells, then rotate the casting of these types of spells and utilize as many different TYPES of each spell as possible when you cast as they pertain to the results you wish to achieve.

Protecting a wand -

It is imperative that you utilize protection spells on your wand. Cast different types of protection on your wand & treat it with the same regard you would any valuable object. You may also wish to use some spells that make the wand unattractive (energy-wise) to those who might otherwise be provoked to pick it up, or some type of cloaking/invisibility spell to make the wand blend into its surroundings.

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
Kim Junsu
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 5
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Psy Vampire
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

Cool! Thanks for sharing Magnolia!=D

-Junsu-

Laugh when you need to,
frown cause you're mad.
Scream when you feel shocked,
cry when feeling sad.
Just be yourself people!
No need to pretend!
Just remember, let out a smile,
for a finishing touch at the end!=)
DarkAddictions
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

This is an excellent thread..Here's a question..Do you guys offer a service, or know of anyone that makes these as a "custom" works for an individual?..I ask, as I have not found the right wand to use..

I also feel, it's a highly personal tool..I have run accross sites that sell these "premade" but have yet to encounter people who will customize such items to your energy, talents, or those who will use materials better suited to the individual.

Or has there already been an elaborated thread on this, and I missed it?...drats :think: ..

willyrules
new here
new here
You are...: experienced
Spelled Number: 5
Your favorite spirit to work with: Hellhound
If I could be anything, I would be...: Hellhound
My magical/paranormal name...: Valrock
Zodiac:

thanks for the useful information mag!

i do have a question though:
i live in arizona not too far away from sedona where the leylines intersect and i've read that it is a very spiritual place and has some of the strongest massed energy in the US, my question is about the juniper trees that are close to the main ley line vortexes, would part of a branch of one of the juniper trees make a good wand? i know that as long as the part is dead and on the ground i can legally take it, so i was just wondering

thanks

Currently in the Seminary. Pagan Shaman, Christian Pastor and Minister.
moonwind
venerated member
venerated member
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My magical/paranormal name...: Moonwind
Zodiac:

OK I do know of a custom wand maker in Idaho where I used to live. They do all sorts of custom jobs. On wands I mean. I have put the addy up else where in the forum but want to make sure it is ok to put up again????

Also great thread. I as a doer of magick have a number of wands I use. I also have what is called many mini wands that are about four to six inches long. Love Love m. Of course my little mini witch, my Boogie aka granddaughter also loves my wands and has taken a love to my most favorite wand of all. Of course she would. lol I have let her hold each wand several times each and each time the little bugger goes right back to The wand. Who am I to say that wand is not calling out to her. I have even made several just for her, but nooooo she wants mine. Let me tell you she is only four and knows what each thing on my altar is and what it is for. First thing she does is grab the broom and say grammy want me to clean the altar and space for us. All proud she is. Of course at home she has her own little mini altar in a portable box except for the candles and incense. Complete with altar cloth with pentagram. ok too much info. Sorry

Just because it does not work for them does not mean it will not work for you!

ImageImageImage
moonwind
venerated member
venerated member
Spelled Number: 100
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My magical/paranormal name...: Moonwind
Zodiac:

::bump::

Just because it does not work for them does not mean it will not work for you!

ImageImageImage
willyrules
new here
new here
Spelled Number: 5
Your favorite spirit to work with: Hellhound
If I could be anything, I would be...: Hellhound
My magical/paranormal name...: Valrock
Zodiac:

related to the topic of wands, i kinda had a weird feeling earlier

i was taking my old arrows from the bow + arrow set i got when i was little and i was removing the tips because they are pistol bullet casings and i thought i could get some cool use out of them, and the whole time the arrows themselves seemed insignificant but when i went back and looked at one of the broken in half arrows, i felt like it was really important and without really thinking i took a grouping of items i have that are important to me and i felt like i should put them together, so i thought about it for a while and now i figured it out! one of my spirits was helping me to make a wand, since i don't have access to sedona for a while to be able to get the wand from the tree branch they wanted me to have one early :D

Currently in the Seminary. Pagan Shaman, Christian Pastor and Minister.
gman20001969
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 6
Spelled Number: 4
If I could be anything, I would be...: Just myself
My magical/paranormal name...: Gregorius
Zodiac:

A few years ago I went to the first Through The Veil conference. This one guy had wands he made that he was selling for $80-$120. When I asked him what they were constructed of, he simply said, "It's copper tubing with magnets inside to help retain energy. Then I place a quartz crystal on top as the director of universal energy. Then I wrap them in leather suede for looks. Combined they make a very powerful wand for anyone.".

In my head I said, "And you are selling them for $80 bucks at the cheapest?".

So I went home and did a bit of digging and planning. I found copper tubing easily at Home Depot or Lowes. I found magnets that would fit at Harbor Freight. Easily found leather suede at Hobby Lobby or Michael's. So I constructed one. In it's construction, I wrote a simple statement of what I would use it for and placed it inside. I knew a few people that were empathic so I had them hold the wand to see if they felt anything. They could only hold it for a few seconds until they complained about their arm going numb from a buzzing feeling.

So I made a few. None seemed to be as strong as the first one which was constructed for healing. They are all tucked away except one. I made another one with the same type of construction but I used a cluster of apophylite as the crystal tip. I would hold it near me for when I meditated. But now I'm thinking it would make an excellent ritual wand!

Keeper of 2 Djinns, 3 Nymphos and 1 dragon
Maythen21
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 15
Spelled Number: 30
Zodiac:

Crystal Spirit (Llewellyn's psi-tech series) Author: Michael G. Smith

This is a book that has excellent directions (including diagrams) on making your own wands/rods/tritons,etc. Most of the tools required are inexpensive and easily obtained (local hardware store)

Personally, I prefer to use my athame or bare hands for most work.

Maythen21
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 15
Spelled Number: 30
Zodiac:

gman20001969 wrote:A few years ago I went to the first Through The Veil conference. This one guy had wands he made that he was selling for $80-$120. When I asked him what they were constructed of, he simply said, "It's copper tubing with magnets inside to help retain energy. Then I place a quartz crystal on top as the director of universal energy. Then I wrap them in leather suede for looks. Combined they make a very powerful wand for anyone.".

In my head I said, "And you are selling them for $80 bucks at the cheapest?".
While I agree the price seems rather inflated, I can say that I worked our local Ren Faire for several years, and what I had to charge to pretty much "break even" was nearly double what I would otherwise have charged.

Materials + Time + Packing/Travelling to sell + whatever your "store" costs in fees + Business License = A Whole Lot More $ added to the final price tag. Especially if you're trying to defray some of the cost of being away from home (food/shelter) a little trinket can end up with a massive price tag.

You mentioned using magnets, have you considered "loading" with other types of crystal/minerals? One of the few wands I do utilize is loaded with fragments of black tourmaline and hematite. If you're a rock hound type, or even just on a budget you can generally get "fragments" or little shards/beads fairly cheaply and use them.

At one point I was friends with a woman whose mother once owned a crystal shop. The daughter had a garage full of specimens. Several times a year I assisted her to take some out and sell them, and there was always "dust" in the bottom on the containers. WOW Fantastic stuff. The "fine sand" went into the bottom of charging boxes/stations or spirit "houses".
:star:

Return to “Seminars”