new here
new here
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 1
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

Meeting A Spirit

Post by ArashiHana »

Do I need to do something special to welcome a spirit into my home? I have homemade pottery offering plates and my dad and I just made an incense holder together for the day she arrives, but I don't know if there is anything I should do specifically for day one. I'm not really looking for "rules" per se, but tips and advice mostly.

Muse
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 12
Spelled Number: 2
Your favorite spirit to work with: Variable
If I could be anything, I would be...: Deific
My super power would be...: Anti-Gravity
My magical/paranormal name...: Variable

Re: Meeting A Spirit

Post by Muse »

Everyone has their own ideas and routines, but I'd say you're already doing more than enough. So long as you do what you can that's all that's necessary. Unless the conjurer says a Spirit needs something extra, that is.

When I have the means to do so, I like to make a meal to welcome the Spirit. I'll also light some incense if I know their preference, and a candle. The candle will have the Spirit's name etched into it, with a rune of friendship somewhere on it as well to carry on my desire to bond with them. I'll also do a tarot reading and ask the Spirit questions about themselves, and tell them about myself after. Meditation for five or ten minutes to get a handle on their energy signature is also a good idea, and something I like to end the mini welcoming ritual.

I can't always do all of the above though. Sometimes it'll be as quick as sharing a drink with them before moving on with the day, or holding their vessel and telling them that they're welcome. It all depends on what the Spirit Worker has available and the time they can dedicate.

Lewk
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 182
Spelled Number: 165
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Easthorse Indigo

Post by Lewk »

Also, do whatever the seller says the spirit needs in the way of welcoming, if they do recommend anything.

Don’t be scared. This island is full of noises, strange sounds and sweet melodies that make you feel good and don’t hurt anyone. Sometimes I hear a thousand twanging instruments hum at my ears, and sometimes voices that send me back to sleep even if I had just woken up—and then I dreamed of clouds opening up and dropping such riches on me that when I woke up, I cried because I wanted to dream again. Caliban, The Tempest, Shakespeare
\/

Lewk
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 182
Spelled Number: 165
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Easthorse Indigo

Post by Lewk »

Oops...Muse said that. :)

Don’t be scared. This island is full of noises, strange sounds and sweet melodies that make you feel good and don’t hurt anyone. Sometimes I hear a thousand twanging instruments hum at my ears, and sometimes voices that send me back to sleep even if I had just woken up—and then I dreamed of clouds opening up and dropping such riches on me that when I woke up, I cried because I wanted to dream again. Caliban, The Tempest, Shakespeare
\/

Muse
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 12
Spelled Number: 2
Your favorite spirit to work with: Variable
If I could be anything, I would be...: Deific
My super power would be...: Anti-Gravity
My magical/paranormal name...: Variable

Post by Muse »

Lewk wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:24 am
Oops...Muse said that. :)
Eh, great minds think alike.
Nothing wrong with repeating.
Maybe the OP needed to hear it twice.

Naru
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 23
Spelled Number: 5
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angels and Abchanchu
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

Post by Naru »

Spirits can feel intent and effort. However you welcome them should do just fine as long as the intent and effort is there, unless the conjured or spirit has specified otherwise, of course. Aside from the other suggestions, a good jumping off point is to use the associations, or offerings suggestions, from the CH encyclopedia (if applicable) to make a connection (ie. If your spirit is associated with rooibos tea, for example, you could drink rooibos tea when welcoming them; if they are associated with the color red, you could wear red clothing or light a red candle, etc. etc.) There are so many ways you can make the welcoming process more personal to you and your new spirit, it’s really all about what feels best to you.

NARU
~She/Her~

"It is important to draw wisdom from many different places. If you take it only from one place, it becomes rigid and stale” -Uncle Iroh

Return to “Beginner/Newbie Area”