neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Archangel
If I could be anything, I would be...: Angel
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

Im a beginner with spirit keeping. I purchased a Courtwind Angel and it came with a Spirit Stone, Connecting Stone, & Charging Pouch.

- How can I use the Spirit Stone and the Connecting Stone??
- What are different ways to bond with my Angel?
- Whats a good welcoming ritual?
- Whats the 30 day bonding?
- Will a spirit just leave if you take too long to bond?

cairngorn
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 3

Hi!
I'm not familiar with Spirit and Connecting stones.
To bond, just talk to them occasionally, maybe try meditating with them, inviting them to do things with you.
A welcoming ritual is not necessary but you could put out a treat that Courtwinds like, maybe play some violin music or offer something from the heart. I explained why I had had my spirits conjured.

30 days is simply a recommended time period for getting used to one another's energy. Its recommended to keep the vessel on you and spend a little time thinking about them or meditating with them each day during the time period.

They will not leave, because they agreed to stay with you.

ASTER
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: 👼🏻🐲🧚🧝🏻‍♀️🧙‍♂️🧛🧞‍♂️
If I could be anything, I would be...: Celestial
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Aster 🌟 Jupiter

s_coy2007 wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 4:30 pm Im a beginner with spirit keeping. I purchased a Courtwind Angel and it came with a Spirit Stone, Connecting Stone, & Charging Pouch.

- How can I use the Spirit Stone and the Connecting Stone?? Your spirit stone has your angel. The ideal is to keep your little stone and your connection stone near you for awhile. It's helps you with bonding.

- What are different ways to bond with my Angel? I invited my angels to be part of my life in everything I do. I go on outings or work, listen to music, anything I do I get them involved with me. Also, tasking is part of trust and deepening bonds between you and your angel. Call your angel by name often.

- Whats a good welcoming ritual? my welcome is not a ritual type of thing. I show my family, my home, and basically let them enter into my space. I place the gemstone wherever I decides on an oltar or sanctuary for my angel.

- Whats the 30 day bonding? Basically, it's when you make an efforts to show your life and involve yours and do meditation, light a candle ect. Everything that is special you like to share it. My bindings usually get extended due to lots of newbies over lapping.

- Will a spirit just leave if you take too long to bond? NEVER 😊 If they did, I would have none by now.

400✨Aster💫Jupiter

stormdancer
active contributor
active contributor
Your favorite spirit to work with: the ones in my keep
If I could be anything, I would be...: dunno yet
My magical/paranormal name...: Giver of scritches
Zodiac:

s_coy2007 wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 4:30 pm Im a beginner with spirit keeping. I purchased a Courtwind Angel and it came with a Spirit Stone, Connecting Stone, & Charging Pouch.

- What are different ways to bond with my Angel?
- Whats a good welcoming ritual?
- Whats the 30 day bonding?
- Will a spirit just leave if you take too long to bond?
||.||

If your Courtwind Angel came from CH, this entry in the Encyclopedia should give you a good starting place on ideas for bonding and offerings.

I think the Connecting Stone is there to help you communicate with your new friend. Not too sure about the spirit stone, you may have to ask their conjurer about that one. If it's CH they may have something in the encyclopedia on them.

As for bonding, Carrigorn is right. Wear or carry their vessel and mediate with it. I tend to treat it as hanging out with a new friend and getting to know them. I tell mine that they are always welcome to come along with me anywhere- even if it's just to the grocery store. I talk to mine all the time- mostly telepathically. I have no desire to be carted off to the looney bin after all! ^..^

Like Carrigorn said, your Angel will not leave you if you don't bond within the 30 day period. They understand that life gets in the way. Just remember this: Out of all the people in this world, your Courtwind chose YOU as their Keeper. They will be there for you though thick and thin, the good times and the bad, etc etc. They will not leave you because you didn't bond with them within a certain time frame, didn't leave them the appropriate offering on the appropriate day, didn't preform the correct welcoming ritual, or for not calling them the Supreme Commander of the Flaming Sword of Total Badassness. Spirits are loyal like that, and they will gladly accept any gesture that's from the heart. So do what you can.

The only other thing I will add is to keep doing what you're doing. Keep checking out this Forum, asking questions and checking out the Encyclopedia. There's a ton of info to be had around here and everyone's willing to help.

Why dip your toe in the water when you can do a cannonball?

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

Hi

We're probably all going to say something similar. Here's my version. It's based on information I've gained from Creepy Hollows or other experts.

Reading these FAQs is highly recommended, as well as the Spirit Keeping Tips article on the Shop page (on the right, in desktop view).

https://www.creepyhollows.com/faq/?action=show&cat=15

The Spirit Stone is the vessel for your bound spirit companion. A standard thing is to spend time closely with the spirit during the first 30 days by sitting quietly while holding the vessel. This helps to form the initial bond. If you asked for the stone/vessel to be bridged to you, then you don't need to have the vessel with you and can connect to it from anywhere.

The simplest version of that bonding 'meditation' I've come across is to sit quietly, holding the vessel and ask yourself: what does this vessel feel like? what does this spirit look like? what abilities does this spirit have?

A CH suggestion I read somewhere is to spend between 5 and 15 minutes in daily bonding quiet time for the first 30 days.

I don't have a connecting stone. If the info on the Shop's Penny Deal for Newcomers page isn't clear enough, ask CH support at support@creepy hollows.com I think it will either work for you at all times, or you'll need to hold it while holding the vessel stone.

s_coy2007 wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 4:30 pm - What are different ways to bond with my Angel?
See the articles on connecting with bound Spirits in the Encyclopedia & the Shop, as well as the previous answer. The Courtwind Angels page in the Encyclopedia gives specific suggestions for connecting.

s_coy2007 wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 4:30 pm - Whats a good welcoming ritual?
It's worth bearing in mind that formal welcoming rituals aren't needed with CH conjured and bound spirits (unless stated otherwise). This is part of their whole ethos of making spirit keeping straightforward for virtually anyone.

Bound spirits do appreciate heartfelt gestures though. The association suggestions on each Encyclopedia can be used to construct simple rituals and are another way of tuning in to / bonding with them.

There are specific connection suggestions on the Courtwinds page.

s_coy2007 wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 4:30 pm - Whats the 30 day bonding?
It's what you do when you get a new bound spirit companion, to help form that bond. I interpret the 30 days as being a significant period of time in the year - the length of a lunar cycle.

s_coy2007 wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 4:30 pm - Will a spirit just leave if you take too long to bond?
No. They have come forward to be our lifelong companions. One of the best things we can do as spirit keepers is to relax, take it easy and give ourselves some credit.

See https://www.creepyhollows.com/faq/?acti ... artlang=en

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
WaterSunFireRising
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 23
Spelled Number: 38
Your favorite spirit to work with: Happiness
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

The Connecting Stone just makes it easier for you to connect with the spirit. It's energies (the spell placed on the stone) create a more positive atmosphere for you to connect with your companion. And the Connecting Stone that came with your Courtwind Angel companion will help you connect with ANY Courtwind Angel in your keep as it's spelled energies are for the race of the spirit it's been casted for.
All you have to do is keep the Connecting Stone with you. They really do help. It can help you create a stronger bond and even help them manifest to you. You can even try sleeping with it under your pillow to help your companion communicate with you while you sleep, like them giving you a dream, for example. (:

https://shop.creepyhollows.com/CONNECTI ... IRITS.html

If you keep telling an angel that she's beautiful, eventually she's going to pay you a visit to prove you right so you never stop saying it ^-^

"It's mee!" - S
angelicpeace
neophyte
neophyte
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Archangel
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

Wow. Thanks everyone for all the information. This makes everything easier and more understandable.

Return to “Beginner/Newbie Area”