You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 20
Spelled Number: 10
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angel human elf fae
If I could be anything, I would be...: angel or fairy
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: JennJen
Zodiac:

Alicristy wrote:Just like to say that I have purchased a baby dragon and 3 vampires for the 1st time in my life within a month. Then, for the 1st time again my daughter's b'friend's cat, as it was getting too big for his place and I said I would have it so then they can still keep seeing the cat. So far things are OK, but I am giving the cat more attention and wondered if the spirits might get jealous or be OK with the new pet?
Your spirit family and kitty will be fine, I've been around spirits since I was young and again only on tv is where the spirits hurt pets. My cats, dogs and cage animals were always fine around any of the spirits in my home's. when I was younger we lived in haunted houses and they were very mischivios spirits they would turn our tv on us, turn lights off and on on us, even 1 time my mom had about 100 light up flowers from her boyfriend and they would all die after a few weeks. My mom would just keep them as decoration afterwards they were cute flowers in her bedroom..I was about 18 then and sleeping when she came home from a date and she woke me up around 4am to ask me if I turned on all 100 of her flowers, It was very pretty but I didn't..so we realized it was our punky spirits and laughing about it. after that they never worked again. It was a cool experience!!. we had at that time 2 kittens who would chase the air every morning at 3am, It was every early morning they were having fun..they never looked scared of these spirits, never growled or hid. I hate watching shows sometimes because I agree a lot of them do over do the paranormal. After buying CH spirits/entities with our kitties now they do the same thing every night between midnight and 4am. I think it's cute they all get a long with each other fine. We get amazing expereinces since bringing home CH spirits..where I actually seen pink/purple orbs go across my crystals in front of my eyes with out video recordings. my quartz sphere from ch also flew out of my window right in front of my husband, daughter and I so we all seen this happen. Even now my pets never seem afraid ever!!. WE have human spirits, Vampires too, Fairy's, Trolls, angels, dragons, and wraiths too I am waiting on a Nympho, and now 3 angels and a few surprise spirits too. Just make sure you put in your home rules that you would want your spirit family not to mess with your kitty if you feel better that way they know up front!!. :3 :)

jennjen620
new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 20
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angel human elf fae
If I could be anything, I would be...: angel or fairy
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: JennJen
Zodiac:

starfire wrote:Thanks Magnolia, for posting this!!! The moives and tv of course never really protray how things really are and always seem to put it in a bad light.

If people would use common sense, with their spirit keeping that might just help them, in enjoying their spirits. I do know it is hard for others to really accept the spirit world, but yet they pray to angels and to the god of their choice, so there is some belief there but only how they have been taught to see it. Sometimes it can be hard to wrap your brain around the idea of a spirit world but yet it is there!!!

Anyway thanks for posting this!!! :D

starfire ::dragons::
I agree, I actually am friends with a demonolgist who knew my haunted house and haunted dolls expereince's and she was trying to get me on a popular show telling my story about my haunted houses and haunted dolls. I thought it was awesome until they were talking about dramatizing my expereince where I was afraid when I was never afraid of any of my haunted dolls(I still have my haunted dolls and we have such cool expereinces with them). I also have never been afraid of my haunted houses growing up either..I was that child telling the spirits to do what ever they did again. I was working with the spirits in my home when I was a young pre teen, I would also work with my spirit board too. or tell the spirits to turn the tv on for a yes and keep off for a no..I didn't have paranormal tools back then so we used what ever we had back in 1994. ;) Not ever did we have bad expereinces just very punky spirits who loved being a jokester at times..they were always child like when we lived in our haunted houses..we lived in 2 haunted houses, now I bring in haunted objects. ;)

AstroDog83
new here
new here
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 2
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: Super speed

Thanks for posting this. As a newbie this is exactly the kind of stuff that will help me from making a big mistake. I always wondered why someone would want to keep BA spirits around? Either way I'm certainly staying clear from that. Thanks again!

Faolan
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 222
Your favorite spirit to work with: Bigfoot
If I could be anything, I would be...: A lycan
My super power would be...: Super speed
Zodiac:

Magnolia wrote: Fri May 21, 2010 11:21 pm In a nutshell, no. It is imperative that you work with a trusted practitioner who knows what they are doing and has a good reputation for providing bindings of exactly what is promised. Aside from that, and if you are working with a trusted practitioner, if you exercise respect & caution there is nothing to fear. Those who live in the paranormal know Hollywood & TV programs dramatize the spirit world for sensationalism.

There are different methods of classification for spirit such as White Arts & Dark Arts. White Arts being entities solely of positive light & do no harm. Dark Arts being entities, like human beings, who can make the decision to be bad or good; and vary from average to very bad. Black Arts are only recommended for extremely experienced people as their intent is solely bad and nothing good can come of an inexperienced Keeper having a BA entity in their home.

As long as you assess who you are, for what reason you are becoming a Spirit Keeper, and what aspects of yourself or your life you want to complement or enhance you will be well-informed.

There are outlets for support to provide guidance & answer questions such as this forum. You can always garner support & assistance from others who are Spirit Keepers. It is important to know from who you are gaining your wisdom & guidance as some are not truly knowledgeable and may steer you in the wrong direction.

With the Dark Arts & especially the Black Arts never bring anything into your home that you are not prepared to care for & treat with the proper respect.

Spirit Keeping is not dangerous with White Arts entities & spirits at all, and hardly an issue with Dark Arts when you are well-informed.
As someone deeply involved in Spirit Keeping, I've learned the importance of working with trusted practitioners. They should have a solid reputation for delivering exactly what's promised. Understanding the nature of the spirits you're dealing with, whether they belong to White Arts, Dark Arts, or Black Arts, is crucial. White Arts entities are completely benevolent and safe, while Dark Arts entities, like humans, can have good or bad intentions. Black Arts entities, due to their inherently malevolent nature, should only be engaged with by those who are highly experienced.

From my personal journey, I've had contact with several entities from the Goetia. These interactions, which were based on decorum, respect, honesty, and keeping my word, have been profoundly educational and transformative. These entities have assisted me in overcoming obstacles that were holding me back, contributing significantly to my personal growth. It's important to note that while they haven't caused me any harm, the potential for harm is always present if disrespect is shown. This experience has shown me that not all entities labeled as 'demons' are malevolent, and with the right approach, one can work constructively with them. I believe this is also true for Black Arts Spirits, though they are definitely not for everyone.

My interactions with Goetic entities have shaped my understanding of Spirit Keeping. The key is always to show respect and to approach these entities with honesty and integrity. It’s important to remember that these practices require a deep level of responsibility and understanding.

I personally prefer to work with spirits from Creepy Hollows, whether they are of the White or Dark Arts. I find them to be less risky and less likely to cause unintended havoc. My experiences suggest that, with the right approach and understanding, Spirit Keeping can be a safe and enriching practice, especially with White Arts entities and, to a certain extent, with well-understood Dark Arts entities.

In summary, whether you’re dealing with entities from the Goetia or elsewhere, the crux of safe and beneficial Spirit Keeping lies in respect, understanding, and a clear sense of purpose. It's about knowing yourself, your intentions, and the nature of the entities you choose to interact with. The spirits from the Goetia, in particular, have reinforced the idea that respect and proper conduct are paramount in this realm, as they have aided me without harm due to the respect and honesty I've always maintained in my dealings with them.

Tarvos
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 198
Spelled Number: 380
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angel, Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Demon
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

Yes! With Spirit Keeping, my small heart is at risk. I've just got loads and loads of love to share. Lol. Being serious, the answer is no. If you do the right things like learning a lot, reading posts in this forum and CH encyclopedia, studying about the spirit or entity before bringing them home, and ensuring you have the right protection, you'll be safe. These spirits and entities become part of our lives to be friends, guide us, and keep us safe.

In the name of the moon, I'll enlighten you!
Adair Lasair Bán
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: in the learning process
Spelled Number: 60
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angelics & Immortals
If I could be anything, I would be...: Myself
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

Faolan wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 9:01 pm
In summary, whether you’re dealing with entities from the Goetia or elsewhere, the crux of safe and beneficial Spirit Keeping lies in respect, understanding, and a clear sense of purpose. It's about knowing yourself, your intentions, and the nature of the entities you choose to interact with. The spirits from the Goetia, in particular, have reinforced the idea that respect and proper conduct are paramount in this realm, as they have aided me without harm due to the respect and honesty I've always maintained in my dealings with them.
The beings in the Goetia are certainly not 'spirits.'

I would say putting down safety to just a matter of respect is not entirely true. There is a fair bit more involved, which I am not interested in going into, but simply wish to say 'it's not always that simple.'

“May the wind under your wings bear you where the sun sails and the moon walks.”
- J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit

Return to “Beginner/Newbie Area”