Site Admin
Site Admin
Answers: 0
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

In a nutshell, no. It is imperative that you work with a trusted practitioner who knows what they are doing and has a good reputation for providing bindings of exactly what is promised. Aside from that, and if you are working with a trusted practitioner, if you exercise respect & caution there is nothing to fear. Those who live in the paranormal know Hollywood & TV programs dramatize the spirit world for sensationalism.

There are different methods of classification for spirit such as White Arts & Dark Arts. White Arts being entities solely of positive light & do no harm. Dark Arts being entities, like human beings, who can make the decision to be bad or good; and vary from average to very bad. Black Arts are only recommended for extremely experienced people as their intent is solely bad and nothing good can come of an inexperienced Keeper having a BA entity in their home.

As long as you assess who you are, for what reason you are becoming a Spirit Keeper, and what aspects of yourself or your life you want to complement or enhance you will be well-informed.

There are outlets for support to provide guidance & answer questions such as this forum. You can always garner support & assistance from others who are Spirit Keepers. It is important to know from who you are gaining your wisdom & guidance as some are not truly knowledgeable and may steer you in the wrong direction.

With the Dark Arts & especially the Black Arts never bring anything into your home that you are not prepared to care for & treat with the proper respect.

Spirit Keeping is not dangerous with White Arts entities & spirits at all, and hardly an issue with Dark Arts when you are well-informed.

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
Dark Abyss
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: in the learning process
If I could be anything, I would be...: who i am
Zodiac:

::bump::

just a lowly spirit keeper. nothing more, nothing less
Trust those who seek the truth, but doubt those who say they have found it - Hannah McKay (DEXTER)
what delusional planet do you come from and how do i get off of it?
Be the villain, not the victim.

asae
new here
new here
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 26
Spelled Number: 15
Your favorite spirit to work with: I love them all :)
If I could be anything, I would be...: am not sure yet
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Jonah

Thank you Magnolia, it's very well said, and reminds me to share a bit my personal experience, because the following question after your explaination is: Then why there are lots of people still thinks that Spirits Keeping is dangerous?

In my case, the primary root cause of this is: WRONG PERCEPTION in general environment that Spirits Keeping is all about Black Arts. This kind of perception was built throughout the ages, sometimes inforced by or related to religion, news about bad occultism activities, & ghosts stories and reality shows, not to mention the horror movies, ie. exorcism, paranormal activities - where they usually shows that spirits are bad and the priest is the hero, or sometimes all the actors are killed by the ghost :skull: ....In the end, can't really blame them, because horror sells... just like sex or celebrities gossip shows, which then strongly contributes to the built of the perception.

In many countries (like my home country), this PERCEPTION is strong and drives how majority of the community acts, and all spells related or connections to spirits are generally considered as BA (which is of course we all know that its not true).

Then again, if you are like me, not quite lucky and happens to live in this kind of environment (country, office, community, or even your own home), you probably in a discreet mode of spirit keeping like me too. Then it would be very beneficial for you to be more sensitive and be more responsible towards your act because you can only control your own perception but not others. And depends on how your surroundings react, it can shake your beliefs or disrupt your love & enjoyment to Spirit Keeping, or.. affect your life without you having the chance to standup for it. But its your choice, no right way or wrong way, you can test the grounds, be bold and show, let them see thru you, or you can be safe and try to explain to them when they ready...

Myself, always hope, someday i would have the chance to explain to others like the way Magnolia explains it, and to change their wrong perception. And to let them know that WRONG PERCEPTION is far far far more dangerous than Spirits Keeping itself ;) ;)

Dark Abyss
sanctified
sanctified
If I could be anything, I would be...: who i am
Zodiac:

::bump::

just a lowly spirit keeper. nothing more, nothing less
Trust those who seek the truth, but doubt those who say they have found it - Hannah McKay (DEXTER)
what delusional planet do you come from and how do i get off of it?
Be the villain, not the victim.

darksidemoon
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 75
Spelled Number: 25
Your favorite spirit to work with: Can't chose one :P
If I could be anything, I would be...: Psy Vamp
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

Thanks Dark for ::bump:: ing these important and lost threads.

Confucius says:"Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves."
Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yes, thank you Dark. I think some of them would really help answer questions some of the people new to this have.

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
Alicristy
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 7
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampires
If I could be anything, I would be...: Angel
My magical/paranormal name...: Alicristy
Zodiac:

Just like to say that I have purchased a baby dragon and 3 vampires for the 1st time in my life within a month. Then, for the 1st time again my daughter's b'friend's cat, as it was getting too big for his place and I said I would have it so then they can still keep seeing the cat. So far things are OK, but I am giving the cat more attention and wondered if the spirits might get jealous or be OK with the new pet?

Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin

There won't be any issue. We have two felines with us, and they see & interact with spirits; especially the Ragdoll cat.

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
swannie
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: 0
If I could be anything, I would be...: unknown
My magical/paranormal name...: unknown at this time

bump..... :skull:

I've found that evil usually triumphs unless good is VERY, VERY careful.......:skull:

"Vengeance is mine sayeth the Lord...." but sometimes a little offered help is appreciated........:skull:

Don't get MAD---get EVEN......... :skull:
starfire
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 125
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragons
If I could be anything, I would be...: dragon
Zodiac:

Thanks Magnolia, for posting this!!! The moives and tv of course never really protray how things really are and always seem to put it in a bad light.

If people would use common sense, with their spirit keeping that might just help them, in enjoying their spirits. I do know it is hard for others to really accept the spirit world, but yet they pray to angels and to the god of their choice, so there is some belief there but only how they have been taught to see it. Sometimes it can be hard to wrap your brain around the idea of a spirit world but yet it is there!!!

Anyway thanks for posting this!!! :D

starfire ::dragons::

Keeper of many spirits, who I suspect are keeping me instead!!!

Keeper of Thor, my friend and protector

Return to “Beginner/Newbie Area”