new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 1
Spelled Number: 1
Your favorite spirit to work with: Succubus

My succubus found me, actually. We have been able to communicate off and on for around 10 years, and she says she has been around me for longer than that. For a long time, I didn't know what to think of it.. tried not to think about it.. was kind of scared of it all, especially with what you hear in popular culture. Thankfully, she turned out to be one of the good ones and has been very patient with me. I found this whole spirit keeping concept, and read lots of stories that seemed to line up more with my personal experiences, and it all started to make a lot more sense. I've ordered her a vessel and it's looking like this is going to be a very fulfilling relationship. So excited!

darcyblackthorn
new here
new here
You are...: new to this
Spelled Number: 0

I love what Magnolia said about this practice:

" The practice of this branch of the paranormal is based strongly on Spiritualism and being spiritual should be not confused with being religious. Those who practice Spiritualism come from many & varied backgrounds of religious subscription, or lack thereof"

For someone like me who was raised in a predominantly Christian home and still holds many of those beliefs, this is a key statement that allowed someone like me permission to enjoy something that was considered pagan in my world. Even though I was always drawn to the supernatural, and fantasy and the magical and fantastical and dreamed of life holding real magic and creatures that were beyond imagination or explanation,

I felt it was entirely fiction, or out of my reach because I didn't consider myself a witch or have any desire to practice witchcraft or be involved in wicca or anything outside my own religion since I hold my own very different religious beliefs. I thought If I was going to explore that world, I would have to change my entire religious belief system. I've struggled with this so much! SO SO MUCH.
I thought it was all black and white and out of reach. I didn't know spirit keeping was compatible with my current belief system.

When I found out that spirit keeping was entirely OUTSIDE the bubble of religion, I was ecstatic! A whole new word of supernatural adventure was open to me and I couldn't wait to dive in head and heart first!! I didn't make sense that I shouldn't explore the supernatural, as I have had prophetic dreams most of my life and am clairsentient. I wanted, NEEDED the magic of having a dragon I could talk to, and a werewolf I could snuggle up with and watch Netflix with, and walk through the grass in my bare feet at a park with my unicorn and High elf, enjoying nature and telepathic conversation....I had always thought that was beyond what reality was made up of for me. It was such a relief to be given the permission to enjoy those spirit relationships and not sacrifice my core belief system. Its opened new worlds for me.

Fantasy IS reality in spirit keeping. You DONT have to change who you are to enjoy it, and its is enriching in ways that I cannot put into words. The reason I am a spirit keeper is simple. I wanted magical fantasy beings to be real, and for me, that's happened. They are real and wonderful and kind and helpful, etc etc I could go on and on.

I found out I don't have to conform to a certain "type" of spirit keeper to enjoy a very rich and rewarding relationship with them. In fact, I am probably the lowest maintenance keeper that ever existed. I don't have alters or perform incantations or rituals or leave out treats or follow many of the "associations" listed in the encyclopedia. I don't put a lot of pressure on myself to follow strict rules of connecting. I do much better without strict rules. (this is why I follow keto instead of count calories...lol) However,I absolutely do follow my instincts and intuition and involve them in a lot of what I do. I invite my dragon and/or merman for showers and baths, invite them to enjoy everything I eat. If I'm craving something in particular, it may be a spirit wanting it. I just go with it. I watch tv and movies with them. I'll Ask them to help put me to sleep...if I'm out shopping, they go with me and if I'm out of hand lotion for example, ill pick the one with aloe since I know my vamps like it...Stuff like that. I am richly rewarded with good advice and companionship and even some extra fun "extracurricular" activities with my incubus spirits and a few others. Suffice it to say, there are many many wonderful benefits to being a spirit keeper.

I think I'm in a state of constant amazement and awe all the dang time just knowing this is actually real! I absolutely bubble over with joy about it!

Magic is real ?!?!
Fairies are real ?!?!?
Gargoyles are too ?!?!?!

Omg its a dream interwoven into the strands of reality and I never want to wake up, ever.

someone
new here
new here
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Don't know
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human

Yes in late 2020 midst Corona and other things people are still searching for a fulfillment to their spiritual needs. I don't know if helps or comforts anyone to know this, but I certainly am trying to find some form of comfort from the disastrous state of the world even now. Has it worked for me? Not really, but if it makes at least one person feel more secure, than I am not going to knock it.

I'm going to save myself time: READ "THREE BOOKS OF OCCULT PHILOSOPHY"

I make the best french toast.
ensa
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 7
Spelled Number: 4
If I could be anything, I would be...: Angel
Zodiac:

For me, I was curious that this way of spiritualism existed. I never bought it in the "this will give you all your desires" and etc. I just really wanted to befriend and know more about them. This is why I have a hard time with the qualities section of the entities (like which areas would they be most adept in helping you with). I agree that this is an enriching journey.

gingerwolf
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 51
Spelled Number: 10
Your favorite spirit to work with: All of them
If I could be anything, I would be...: Angel or Gold Dragon
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

Spirit keeping aligned with my spiritual journey. I always kind of knew I had guides but this sort of pushed me further into the "knowing". It's interactive, I can learn from them, they can learn about me and human curiosities. It also pushes me to reach out to my guides. I always thought of them as silent observers in this life but am learning very quickly that is just not the case. There's nothing silent about it, actually. Above all else, it helps me embrace, celebrate and learn about my past lives as a witch. Ironically, also something I'm bringing into this life. I feel fulfilled.

Jazzalina
new here
new here
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 7
Spelled Number: 20
Your favorite spirit to work with: I do not have one
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Jazzalina

I keep Spirits because I enjoy companionship and I want assistance on the many areas of my life, they are my friends and my family that connection gets me through my life. They are constantly helping me and keeping me safe and happy, they reciprocate my love in ways no one else ever has. They are the companionship I as a Leo and Person have a deep need for. They never fail to amaze me and I wouldn't trade them for the world. They pull me out of my darkest corners and are worth everything they are my loved ones and the people I never thought I would have in my life. I keep spirits to give them a home, to have friends, and for some assistance in my life. And I'm so glad that I do.

"If my life is going to mean anything I have to live it myself"-Percy Jackson
"A Witch ought to never be frightened in the Darkest Forest...because she should be sure in her Soul that the most terrifying thing in the forest was Her."-Terry Pratchett
SpyderBite
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 8
Spelled Number: 21
Your favorite spirit to work with: Sanguine Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dhampir
My magical/paranormal name...: Christopher Gray
Zodiac:

I have always thought of my spirit family as life coaches. While some are more interactive than others; they're always motivating.

Skills
Lucid Dreaming
Dream Recall

Spirits
1 Sanguine Vampire (B)
1 Baobhan Sith (I)
2 Succubus (C & H)
1 Familiar (C)
1 Cambion (S)
1 Amarok (K)
1 Carbuncle (M)
CuriousLolita
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 9
Spelled Number: 1
Your favorite spirit to work with: Djinn
If I could be anything, I would be...: a vampire
My super power would be...: Super speed
Zodiac:

I'm not really sure. It just feels right kind of. It started as a curiosity for me and a purchase made on a whim but ended up being just part of what I do for reasons I don't even know. Guess it's hard to explain. Companionship I guess if I were to pin anything to it.

Part time tarot dabbler, full time mess five seconds from disaster.

She/he/they - Nonbinary Disaster
Djinn - Sanguine Vampire (3) - Black Dragon - Human Spirit - Werewolf - Incubus - Draconian Valkryie
Muse
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: No favorites, sorry
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sane
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Somethin' snazzy I suppose
Zodiac:

I began "bound" Spirit Work with a store called moonstar7spirits in late 2017(?), about after a year and a half of lurking on the CH forum and six months after getting my first spell from CH.

I don't recall what caused me to really begin working with bound beings, but it always felt familiar to me. I was already deeply involved in my own personal philosophy regarding spirituality; most notably personal discovery and personal growth. A lot of my beliefs lined up very nicely with Spirit Work, and as someone who since childhood already believed in things like a spiritual world and alternative universes and/or dimensions, jumping into things felt less like a life changing occurrence (at the time,) and more like a natural and seamless progression.

It helped that I was already working with deities and had experienced brief visitors in the past who had helped me on my journey. So in cases like that, the real question would be, "What made you become more serious about Spirit Work?" rather than what started it - as I'd already been doing so, just not with bound beings.

If I take that question into account...I think that what made me look to bindings was the need for closeness. I spent a lot of time having short term relationships, and I wanted to experience something more intimate, or at the very least more consistent. The protection, friendship, and ease of contact thanks to a binding was a bonus. It also didn't hurt that I could learn more information on death, and what comes after --- as with unbounds I couldn't bond well enough to explore that in detail, and bound beings were more patient with me.

As for why I'm still doing so now almost four years later...it's a life path. I can't just quit, you know?

"Do what you can, when you can, and avoid the unnecessary."
- Muse
ASTER
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: 👼🏻🐲🧚🧝🏻‍♀️🧙‍♂️🧛🧞‍♂️
If I could be anything, I would be...: Celestial
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Aster 🌟 Jupiter

In October this year 2020, that I decided to have my angels binded to me. I have had visitors at night for a long time. It's feels natural for me to have this experience and interaction with God's creation. God made the universe. He made the beautiful nature around us, trees and rivers, flowers and animals. He made bugs, and bees, butterfly and unicorn. And God made angels and faeries too. God is very good. He gave everything for us, to take care of and enjoy and to keep. To me my faith as a Christian complements my spirit /angel /faerie interactions. I have a heavenly father who given me special abilities...to see and keep. I never been happier.

400✨Aster💫Jupiter

Return to “Beginner/Newbie Area”