What is the freakiest thing you’ve ever experienced while Astral Projecting?

Saito
new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 7
Your favorite spirit to work with: All of them
If I could be anything, I would be...: God of Fear
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

I’ve personally never had any creepy experiences in the Astral Realm, but I’m curious about everyone else. So, have you ever encountered anything creepy? Or freaky?

astrallychallenged77
new here
new here
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: trying to achieve
If I could be anything, I would be...: ascended master
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Knowledge Seeker

Unfortunately i have NO experiences because i have yet to leave my body. New to the OBE scene. Within the last few years that i have become aware of it (along with lucid dreaming). Read many books on the subject, books with techniques etc. I have always had vivid dreams (mostly - more often than not) and came across a book on lucid dreaming. I was hooked. I have kept dream journal now for over a year. I have woken myself up a few times but always wake up immediately. I meditate now, have also been doing this for about a year or so. As i said, i'm new to all of this. Certainly wish i had known about it all years ago. I have tried multiple techniques for astral projection with no luck. I do try the techniques numerous times before moving on. Not just "oh i tried this last night and it didn't work so i try another." Any suggestions would be welcomed! Sry for the long post.

Jenjens
new here
new here
My super power would be...: Ability to fly

I was in my living room and I saw a black as black entity floating up at the ceiling. I have no idea what it was, but it felt male. I asked him why he was there and what he wanted and his arm extended slowly and pointed at me. I told him "huh! I am not afraid of you!" And poof. Disappeared. I was afraid though lol. Not too scary, but I have only astral projected a couple of times due to anxiety of going through with it.

Vipera aspis atra
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a master
Zodiac:

I've had many degrees of freakiness in my astral endeavors.

Imagine you're slipping into a foreboding, downward sloping abyss with no bottom in sight, as a terrifying, indescribably primeval beast 1000 times your size is looming over from its great height, and you glide through an endless mass of heaving, wailing things; unfathomable, slimy, gnawing, sucking entities too hideous to look upon for the fear would instantly drive you to madness.

"There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it."
—Oscar Wilde
Lux
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a master

yep several times...I saw some weird looking beings...I am still wondering who those were. They have a taste for provoking or scaring me..,I tell them to go and sometimes I even fight with them physically.

Muse
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: No favorites, sorry
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sane
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Somethin' snazzy I suppose
Zodiac:

Define "freaky".

I had one experience where I had slipped through a portal of my own accidental creation, wound up in a lush but dim-lit forest full of mushrooms and fireflies, and proceeded to be...well...it was a weird experience. I'll leave it at that. Afterwards I climbed out of the portal and found some spiritual friends moving furniture around in preparation for a move I was going through, kind of like astral feng shui. It was such a strange combination of events. On the more mystical side I held an audience with a three-headed cosmic wolf whose voices echoed out like an amphitheatre and whose size was so indescribably large that I struggled comprehending what they were even saying due to the sheer awe of it all.

When it comes to scary...I had a point where, it was more lucid dream than astral but felt so real it could certainly be mistaken for it. I "arrived"(?) to an angel telling me that I wasn't supposed to be in an area, and that I was dying. I struggled to breathe or even blink, and woke up more tired than I'd ever felt in my life, body covered in sweat and throat dry as a desert. I was too exhausted to process anything that happened other than repeated mantras of "holy ****" and a companion lulled me back to sleep shortly after.

The ones that effect me physically tend to freak me out the most.

"Do what you can, when you can, and avoid the unnecessary."
- Muse
ensa
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 7
Spelled Number: 4
If I could be anything, I would be...: Angel
Zodiac:

I had a similar experience like Muse.

It was a wild one when it first occurred. It happened when I was 13 and it wasn't intentional. I woke up early then fell back to sleep. When I opened my eyes, I felt for my phone. I could feel it moving around but I could not get it. I got frustrated to so I looked. I realized there was no hand at all. My arm was still wrapped around my pillow as usual.

I thought I passed on or something because my physical body was not moving, but I KNOW I am moving my arms. I could not call for help because no voice can come out.

I calmed down first and assessed my situation because there must be a reason. I got up and looked back. I saw myself asleep after that I turned around. Everything went dark and misty (like in Insidious) I was walking around but I felt lost. This man appeared and told me “You’re not supposed to be here yet.”

He helped me go back. I woke up and told my sister why she didn’t wake me up. She said “You were sleeping soundly so I didn’t want to disturb you.”

Afterwards, I learned about Astral Projection after that experience. :p)

Syrah
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 8
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: ET
If I could be anything, I would be...: Galactic Being

Extremely strange looking creatures who spoke very old Classical Arabic (like shakespearean english). I didn’t even understand fully what they were saying!

Shran/Shrek Fan since 2001.

10 partners in crime, 6 healers, 1 businessman & 1 wise teacher.

“It is the time you have wasted for your rose that makes your rose so important.” — The Little Prince.
cairngorn
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 3

Those are amazing.

I had a sleep paralysis "old hag" experience while doing astral travel exercises as an adult. Also I think I may have astral traveled as a child a few times. Let's just say I was very wrong once when I thought I'd physically gotten up and visited to the bathroom. :p) It looked perfectly normal and I could touch surfaces but it wasn't on this plane, let's say.
Last edited by cairngorn on Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PrincessKnight
neophyte
neophyte

astrallychallenged77 wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:10 pm Unfortunately i have NO experiences because i have yet to leave my body. New to the OBE scene. Within the last few years that i have become aware of it (along with lucid dreaming). Read many books on the subject, books with techniques etc. I have always had vivid dreams (mostly - more often than not) and came across a book on lucid dreaming. I was hooked. I have kept dream journal now for over a year. I have woken myself up a few times but always wake up immediately. I meditate now, have also been doing this for about a year or so. As i said, i'm new to all of this. Certainly wish i had known about it all years ago. I have tried multiple techniques for astral projection with no luck. I do try the techniques numerous times before moving on. Not just "oh i tried this last night and it didn't work so i try another." Any suggestions would be welcomed! Sry for the long post.
May I know the title of that book on lucid dreaming you mentioned? Many many thanks!

Return to “Astral Projection/OBE”