new here
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 1
Spelled Number: 2
Your favorite spirit to work with: Incubus
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

Hey everyone,

I've been working on astral projection recently and have been reading the Astral Dynamics book by Robert Bruce. I am loving the book so far as it seems very informative.

However, a question has come up and google searching pretty much leaves me more confused.

I've heard of "hedge riding" and basically I assumed that hedge riding and astral projection/astral travel are pretty much the same thing.

Yet I came across a website that states that they are not the same thing... and even stated that astral projection can lead to "soul loss". Yet when she describes her hedge riding experiences/ articles on the "How To" and Do/Don'ts... it sounds a lot as if she is astral projecting also. Here is the link to that article if you would like to take a look: http://www.flyingthehedge.com/2015/05/a ... to-do.html

Robert Bruce has said in his book that you cannot lose your soul during astral projection.

I guess my questions are... in your opinion, is hedge riding and astral projection/travel the same or different and why. Also,is it possible to lose your soul during astral projection?

bba
new here
new here
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: Male

Hello DarkMoon,
From what I understood the method of Robert Bruce, we are working on a copy of our conscious, in this case, there is no danger but there is also a method which approaches NDE, in this case we should be careful...

DarkMoon
new here
new here

Thank you and yes that makes sense. I just wonder if there is truly any difference between hedge riding and astral projection/travel? and speaking of that.. some even say that there is a difference between astral projection and astral travel themselves lol... although for now I tend to think of them as being the same. :D

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

DarkMoon wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 4:57 pm Thank you and yes that makes sense. I just wonder if there is truly any difference between hedge riding and astral projection/travel? and speaking of that.. some even say that there is a difference between astral projection and astral travel themselves lol... although for now I tend to think of them as being the same. :D
As with so many things, I think it's an issue of what people mean when they use the terms. People use terms differently. The terms can cause confusion if we're not sure what they actually refer to but the definitions are less bewildering. Often a new terms can be the same old thing with just a new word to describe it.

A quick google revealed this attempt to explain the difference.
http://www.flyingthehedge.com/2019/12/a ... iding.html

If we deconstruct what we mean, you get:

- that floating above your body experience, sometimes reported by people who have come near to death: (often called an OBE)
- psychically going places outside of your body (OBEs are a subset of this) but still seemingly in this world: often called astral travel
- psychically being somewhere else, in another reality/dimension/plane: astral travel but apparently some also call this hedge riding

I think the term 'hedge riding' may have become popularised within the solitary witch community who call themselves hedge witches but is just another way to describe some forms of astral travel.

Anyone has the right to use whatever terms they want to describe or categorise things, in my opinion. The terms don't define what a thing is - it's the other way round.

When you add shamanic journeying to the mix, I think that this may at first glance seem to be a different thing from astral travel...but there do seem to me to be some close parallels in the way both the architecture of the astral planes and the shamanic worlds are set out. I've even found myself noticing the same kind of place in the same location in both - and possibly some of the same spirits, capable of appearing in both.

Finally, the many shades of different theories about what the astral is and isn't, how you achieve projection/travel etc, make it harder still to see that there is a simple truth behind it all.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
Flux
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

I have also been reading Astral Dynamics and going through Robert Bruce's video class called Astral Projection Mastery. It's slow going, but I am enjoying the information and can feel it unlocking some things for me.

Given that my end goal was to travel realms, a friend suggested I try "shamanic journeying." I find that term problematic, so I decided to call it Spirit Adventuring instead.

Using recorded drumming and my imagination to start the process, I ended up immediately having some pretty profound visions and gaining quite a bit of wisdom and healing.

And I get the feeling that these Spirit Adventures that begin a the door of the imagination and focus less on the visceral exit from one's physical body can be a good starting point to bridge one towards eventual full blown obe.

darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: new to this
Zodiac:

Lewk wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 1:48 am
A quick google revealed this attempt to explain the difference.
http://www.flyingthehedge.com/2019/12/a ... iding.html
Mmh even in those categorization, it consider 'astral travel' as 'travel with astral body' only, but not 'travel to astral realm', which can be considered otherworld.

And there is another definition of hedge witch:
https://www.patheos.com/blogs/waterwitc ... witch.html

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
DarkMoon
new here
new here

Thank you for the replies. They seemed to be the same or at least very similar to me. In the link I posted originally, she says ...

"Astral projection is potentially harmful and can lead to soul loss so please, please, please exercise caution."

Robert Bruce says you cannot lose your soul during astral projection. So if hedge riding and astral projection are the same.. which of these is true?

darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: new to this
Zodiac:

DarkMoon wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 11:42 am "Astral projection is potentially harmful and can lead to soul loss so please, please, please exercise caution."

Robert Bruce says you cannot lose your soul during astral projection. So if hedge riding and astral projection are the same.. which of these is true?
Most likely the problem is the definition of soul and astral body.

Anyway, in CH, they're differentiated as seen in these links:
viewtopic.php?f=68&t=7791
viewtopic.php?f=164&t=54071

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
DarkMoon
new here
new here

darkwing dook wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 12:07 pm
DarkMoon wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 11:42 am "Astral projection is potentially harmful and can lead to soul loss so please, please, please exercise caution."

Most likely the problem is the definition of soul and astral body.

Anyway, in CH, they're differentiated as seen in these links:
viewtopic.php?f=68&t=7791
viewtopic.php?f=164&t=54071
Thank you for these links! Helps a lot to understand it all! :8)

Return to “Astral Projection/OBE”