Can never do it??

Kazz
new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: new to this
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

A few years back when I was way younger and used to meditate like crazy for at least a hour and listen to all kinds of guided meditations for astral projection and the like. But I never managed to actually *leave* my body. I’ll never forget that the first time anything happened I was sleeping on the couch and I had “woken” up and felt this intense vibration and a mans voice. I had gotten scared and nothing ever happened after that. I’ve had other attempts, no voices, just the vibrations but it always felt like I was stuck in my own body like no matter how hard I tried I was too heavy to lift myself. After that it was just very disappointing and so I fell out of it... now I’m an adult I would like to try again. But I’m scared I’ll just have the same results. I have a lucid dreaming book and I try to record all the dreams I can but still no luck on that yet. The only thing anything brought me was sleep paralysis. I never had it before trying my first time. And it’s always when I’m sleeping on my back so that’s a problem because every thing I read it says that being on your back is better for these types of things. And sleep paralysis is usually a scary thing for me, which I assume for many others too. Although I did have one, or at least I think I did because it honestly feels like a dream more then anything, recently and I was able to fall asleep rather quickly after and it didn’t bother me as much as any other time.

Speaking of sleep paralysis, it’s a bit off topic but does it feel like a dream for anyone?? Like I swear I’m moving but it’s just really slow... like when you’re in a nightmare and trying to run but it’s so slow and heavy. And then it just feels like I wake up? Can you dream of having sleep paralysis? Or are you just actually having it?

But anyways, does anyone have any tips? Gone through what I did but overcame it and projected? Or at the very least had a lucid dream?? How did you overcome it? Maybe I’m just super blocked and I really need to hone in on that and work on it. Or maybe I’m just not ready? I’m or I wasn’t then? I haven’t tried anything of the sort lately so I’m not sure what will happen. I’m still a bit afraid to do things at night if I’m honest too. I have a very imaginative mind and will just think of the most horrid things will be staring at me once I open my eyes. And sometimes I just get this.... feeling. Maybe it’s just paranoia though Lol. I feel like I’m missing out on something completely amazing that I just can’t tap into. I know it’s there and I know it’s achievable and that’s so frustrating.

Shadow Stitches
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 40
Spelled Number: 8
Your favorite spirit to work with: Kelpie

I think I know what you mean about dreaming of having sleep paralysis, my experiences are different from what you described though. For me, it's like I feel like I am awake, and I am aware of my surroundings and the fact that I am unable to move my body, but I am also aware that my mind is not actually fully awake. Then I just have to lay there and will myself to fully wake up or to fall completely asleep.

ladyoflosttreasures
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 29
Spelled Number: 88
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Luna
Zodiac:

I think I have experienced what you're talking about with sleep paralysis, but, I'm not sure if it can fully be attributed to sleep paralysis or not, or if it was supernatural.

I had a new neighbor move in next door, a couple in their 30s. He worked, she stayed home, never really got to know them. Just less than 2 weeks after they moved in, I had a dream about this woman, she was forcing me to drive her across the country to California, and I could not stop. I was in my car, driving, but could not move, couldn't stop, turn around, I had no control over my body at all, like I was a passenger in my body and someone else was doing the motions. I was aware of this inability to control my body or move in my dream, and I was so panicked. I remember this "in between" time, where I want completely in my dream but I wasn't completely awake, where I still felt paralyzed in my dream world but felt my physical body paralyzed too. Then I woke up and remember still not being able to move, at all. I tried screaming, moving, I tried with everything in me to poke my partner, because my hand was already on his back, and I just couldn't.

Kazz
new here
new here

ladyoflosttreasures wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:40 pm I think I have experienced what you're talking about with sleep paralysis, but, I'm not sure if it can fully be attributed to sleep paralysis or not, or if it was supernatural.
Huh... if it was supernatural what could it have possibly been... Usually it feels like someone is in the room with me but I thought that was generally just normal with paralysis because of hallucinations and the like. This time though, which I forgot to mention, I did see a shadow figure of a man. It’s not my first time seeing a shadow figure but the first time I actually *saw* something while in paralysis instead of just *feeling* like something is there. It wasn’t on top of me or close at all really. Maybe a good couple feet away from the foot of my bed. The strangest part though at least for me is that I was able to go right back to sleep without the feeling of fear. Sure I was scared especially in the moment but after I woke I didn’t turn on a light and sit up in my bed with wide eyes like I usually do.... sometimes when that happens I’ll turn on a night light like I said and watch videos on my phone until the sun comes up and then sleep for a little more because that’s when I feel safe. The only other time I truly felt something is when the one time I got paralysis while laying on my stomach and I felt pressure on top of me. But that seems rather normal.

ladyoflosttreasures
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 29
Spelled Number: 88
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Luna
Zodiac:

Oh jeez I forgot to mention the most important part, and why I mentioned why i dont know if it was paralysis or supernatural or whatnot.

When i woke up and was able to look at the clock it was 3:33 AM. I went hack to sleep, woke up later, went about my day, until that afternoon when i saw police and an ambulance buzzing about this new neighbor's house. The man, who worked the night shift and had just gotten home, was on the porch just bawling his eyes out. His girlfriend, the woman from my dream, had died that night, they estimated around 3 to 3:30 AM from an overdose.

Kazz
new here
new here

ladyoflosttreasures wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:36 pm Oh jeez I forgot to mention the most important part, and why I mentioned why i dont know if it was paralysis or supernatural or whatnot.

When i woke up and was able to look at the clock it was 3:33 AM. I went hack to sleep, woke up later, went about my day, until that afternoon when i saw police and an ambulance buzzing about this new neighbor's house. The man, who worked the night shift and had just gotten home, was on the porch just bawling his eyes out. His girlfriend, the woman from my dream, had died that night, they estimated around 3 to 3:30 AM from an overdose.
Holy crap!! Yeah that’s definitely something supernatural rather then just paralysis 😬 I wonder why you and why California.

Return to “Astral Projection/OBE”