Astral *Experiences*...but no 'projection'?

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

PrincessKnight wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:36 pm
Lewk wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:19 am Yet when we astral travel we're putting ourselves out there, where again there are negative, malicious beings and energies. So we need protection against that. Plus it helps to have a route map / instructional guide as to where to go or how to behave. We may then never need to use that protection knowledge. Clearly some people do need to, as they've told others about what went wrong during their astral travels.

However if you think about it, astral travel during sleep isn't all always safe either. People have been astrally attacked in dreams. I think this has been reported throughout recorded history. That's one reason why some people do a diy protection before sleep.
I don't know... It is possible that some people wish to travel in the astral just to go to "dangerous" places and in a sense "challenge" the entities that populate them, who knows? While I am only interested in being able to meet my spirit mate and spend those romantic moments with him that we have never been able to spend together when he was alive.
For this reason I don't think I would try to get into trouble on purpose... However I would really like to have that instructional guide on where to go and how to behave once in the astral realm: where could I read something more about it?
No, it's not about danger seeking. But the astral is notoriously not a universally safe place to be for everyone.

Okay, I think I get that you maybe want just to be able to be in the astral but not really travel and explore so much. Kind of leave the body and be near it on the astral version of this material plane perhaps? Or maybe trust your spirit to protect you while you're taken to a place elsewhere in the astral that they know?

Generally speaking - although I'm not an expert, I have studied around 4 different systems of astral travel, including respected authors - there is a common theme. Once out of body we *are* vulnerable to malicious beings, if they notice us or are waiting for someone to pop up. This may sound unnecessarily scary and yes we may not have such a problem. But it is not scaremongering for the sake of it. A good system incoporates ways to avoid the common pitfalls, which we may not even be aware of. And when battle scarred authors on astral travel say they wish they'd had that info before they began exploring, you tend to believe them.

The best I can compare it to is going to a strange city in a strange land we've never been to before. We may not know where the safe places to go are, or we may not know which areas are sometimes frequented by hostile people, where we might attract unwanted attention...or we may simply be unlucky and be spotted and targeted by someone. We may not be able to identify which people there are tricksters, potential attackers and so on.

We can light up on the astral and be noticed by the wrong sorts.

If you have a bodyguard guide who knows what it's like there, you'll be that much safer. If you wear body armour, know self defence etc, how to call for help, again you're going to be less vulnerable. Or if you travel in an armoured car... Better still, you have your own close protection squad too... It helps not to be paranoid too, ironically.

Protection methods can also raise our vibration to the point where we're less likely to be resonating in harmony with 'lower' or negative energies too. In the astral what we think of can materialise instantly, so being aware of that is another aspect to protection. And being linked to such thoughts or energies can lead us to be taken to the wrong part of the astral, even though we hadn't wanted to be.

Of course, all may go well. But it can go wrong too. Better to be safe than sorry though.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
PrincessKnight
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

Lewk wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:25 am
No, it's not about danger seeking. But the astral is notoriously not a universally safe place to be for everyone.

Okay, I think I get that you maybe want just to be able to be in the astral but not really travel and explore so much. Kind of leave the body and be near it on the astral version of this material plane perhaps? Or maybe trust your spirit to protect you while you're taken to a place elsewhere in the astral that they know?

Generally speaking - although I'm not an expert, I have studied around 4 different systems of astral travel, including respected authors - there is a common theme. Once out of body we *are* vulnerable to malicious beings, if they notice us or are waiting for someone to pop up. This may sound unnecessarily scary and yes we may not have such a problem. But it is not scaremongering for the sake of it. A good system incoporates ways to avoid the common pitfalls, which we may not even be aware of. And when battle scarred authors on astral travel say they wish they'd had that info before they began exploring, you tend to believe them.

The best I can compare it to is going to a strange city in a strange land we've never been to before. We may not know where the safe places to go are, or we may not know which areas are sometimes frequented by hostile people, where we might attract unwanted attention...or we may simply be unlucky and be spotted and targeted by someone. We may not be able to identify which people there are tricksters, potential attackers and so on.

We can light up on the astral and be noticed by the wrong sorts.

If you have a bodyguard guide who knows what it's like there, you'll be that much safer.
Thank you so much once again for all the detailed explanations and very useful information you have given me, Lewk.
You guessed it correctly, I've never been a person attracted to danger, so travelling the astral just for the fun of it or out of curiosity doesn't really interest me.
I only need to learn astral projecting and travelling in order to meet my spirit companion and spend some good time with him as a real couple.
Although he died a few years ago (he was around my age when he died), I truly don't know how much about the astral realm he does know, or has already visited.
I believe he has spent most of his time as a spirit in listening to and helping the people who loved him, as a kind of spirit guide, or guardian angel.
But he's not really what you'd call a "spirit bodyguard", since he was human, so probably he still doesn't have any "superpowers", LOL.
But I am sure he will be there for me when I am ready to visit him in the astral, and help me in that realm just like he already does since the first moment he started communicating with me, around one year ago <3

Return to “Astral Projection/OBE”