neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

According to this article, astral projection is totally safe:
https://www.finerminds.com/rope-techniq ... rojection/
What do you think?
Are there any risks they didn't warn the readers about?
What about your own astral experiences? Did you find anything dangerous in your visits to the Astral Realm?

Dezire
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 6
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
Zodiac:

Hi PrincessKnight,

I wouldn’t say it is completely safe. As it is in the Earthern realm there are bad guys and good guys. It would be the same when you astral project. Be sure to have proper protection. I’ve not completely astral project myself but I’ve heard of experiences where people came out of their bodies to find a malicious entity waiting for them. (I dont want to scare you but I thought I should share)

Astral traveling is also abit like tuning in to the radio. If you are vibrating at a positive frequency it is more likely you will be traveling the more positive plane and meet beings who are at a higher, positive vibration.
If you are vibrating at a lower frequency (eg fear, etc) naturally you will be tuning in to the more negative plane and meet more malicious entities. Therefore it is important to not be afraid when you astral project as it may affect your vibration frequency.

I do read a lot of astral projection texts from Erin Pavlina so u might want to check her out.

Also as I’m still learning, if any professionals out there sees something weird with what I share please feel free to point out :D

Full time Business analyst, part time Spirit Keeper & Dota freak. My goal is to swap these roles
Restarting my spirit keeping journey
PrincessKnight
neophyte
neophyte

Dezire wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:01 am Hi PrincessKnight,

I wouldn’t say it is completely safe. As it is in the Earthern realm there are bad guys and good guys. It would be the same when you astral project. Be sure to have proper protection. I’ve not completely astral project myself but I’ve heard of experiences where people came out of their bodies to find a malicious entity waiting for them. (I dont want to scare you but I thought I should share)

Astral traveling is also abit like tuning in to the radio. If you are vibrating at a positive frequency it is more likely you will be traveling the more positive plane and meet beings who are at a higher, positive vibration.
If you are vibrating at a lower frequency (eg fear, etc) naturally you will be tuning in to the more negative plane and meet more malicious entities. Therefore it is important to not be afraid when you astral project as it may affect your vibration frequency.

I do read a lot of astral projection texts from Erin Pavlina so u might want to check her out.

Also as I’m still learning, if any professionals out there sees something weird with what I share please feel free to point out :D
Hi Dezire, thank you so much for your kind reply.
To tell the truth, I am quite worried/scared by the idea of ​​astral travel, although I would like to do so in order to physically meet and see my spirit companion (who is also my boyfriend).
As for protections, I already have something, and besides, he and my other spirit friends should be there to protect me, if needed, I guess...
Yesterday I tried the rope technique for the first time, but, as I was quite tense, it only resulted in rather strange semi-lucid dreams.
In the first of them, for example, I suddenly found myself in a beautiful and elegant hotel - perhaps in Dubai - but I realized I was there in my pajamas, and I made a terrible impression on the bartender who saw me dressed like that ... x*D
However, they say that the dream dimension is also part of the astral realm, therefore - just as in dreams we can meet evil people, but they can really do us no harm - maybe it should also be the same with regard to all encounters in the astral realm in general, what do you think?
And then, what techniques do you generally use for astral travel? What are your favorites?
Please, let me know, thank you very much! <3

Kitsune
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demon,dragon,vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: My true self
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

Dreams are primarily comprised of things repressed in our subconscious. Hidden fears or desires, emotions, and wishes, things we are worried over and truths we don't want to face. It's our brain's way of sorting through all of it.

One of the things you (general you) can do in dreams, especially ones charged with emotions, be they anger, fear, frustration, hate, sadness, love, hunger, happiness, etc etc., is take a second to stop and assess the situation. Many times in dreams where you are running from a scary monster for example, can be resolved by turning around and giving the monster a hug. I won't get into the deeper psychology behind this, as it's a whole other topic of discussion.

There are also many, many layers to the dreamscape, and you can actually enter the astral realms through dreams.

Also, one important thing to note is that astral projection isn't that hard to accomplish. We do it all the time, but are mostly unaware of it. It's also nothing like how people explain it as, and most people don't realize that what they do is indeed AP. The problem is when people try to put their experiences in a box, and think things like "I'll never/can't AP because I'm not experiencing XYZ". When you think you can't do something because your experiences don't meet your expectations, you keep yourself from truly appreciating what you have.

As well as comparing yourself to others, and feeling inadequate because you view your experiences as lesser valued than what you read online, when in reality you have had many profound things happen you are overlooking due to said expectations. It's not a race, it's a journey, and everyone is on a different level.

"Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup"
Dezire
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 6
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
Zodiac:

PrincessKnight wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:42 am
However, they say that the dream dimension is also part of the astral realm, therefore - just as in dreams we can meet evil people, but they can really do us no harm - maybe it should also be the same with regard to all encounters in the astral realm in general, what do you think?
And then, what techniques do you generally use for astral travel? What are your favorites?
Please, let me know, thank you very much! <3
Hmm I think that you can enter dreamscape from Astral and vice versa but I don’t think the danger you face is the same in Astral as with that of the dreamscape.

Malicious astral beings can and will harm you in the astral world and that is why it is always suggested to have protection. Astral experiences that causes Death though is one thing I’m still not entirely sure about. I’ve read views if your astral cord is severed you die in the physical plane as well. Then also I’ve read that your astral cord can never be severed. I sit on the fence with that one.

But one thing for sure is that you can be subjected to harm while Astral projecting, probably not so much of a physical sense but maybe in terms of energy drain, etc, or energetic influences resulting in physical harm.

I had a CH reading on my sister’s Fenrir once (Was a Fenrir CC from CH) and part of the reading was that the Fenrir wanted her to know it recently protected 2 astral entities attacking her in her sleep. So yeah if they can even attack you when you are not astral projecting I’m pretty sure they can do even more when you are.

Erin Pavlina has a pretty decent article on the differences between dreaming and astral:
https://www.erinpavlina.com/blog/2020/0 ... =422678529

It has been a long time since I’ve tried to AP, so I don’t remember much. I do remember drifting into sleep everytime I use the rope technique though. I guess imagining can get very tiring after awhile :P

If you have awoken in the astral and find yourself stuck though, you can try rolling out or teleporting out (by sending out the intention of your destination).

Full time Business analyst, part time Spirit Keeper & Dota freak. My goal is to swap these roles
Restarting my spirit keeping journey
PrincessKnight
neophyte
neophyte

Dezire wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:11 am
Erin Pavlina has a pretty decent article on the differences between dreaming and astral:
https://www.erinpavlina.com/blog/2020/0 ... =422678529

It has been a long time since I’ve tried to AP, so I don’t remember much. I do remember drifting into sleep everytime I use the rope technique though. I guess imagining can get very tiring after awhile :P

If you have awoken in the astral and find yourself stuck though, you can try rolling out or teleporting out (by sending out the intention of your destination).
Thank you so much for the useful info and tips! ./<

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

PrincessKnight wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:45 am According to this article, astral projection is totally safe:
What do you think?
[...]
Erin Pavlina also has this article on the dangers of astral travel.

https://www.erinpavlina.com/blog/2006/1 ... rojection/

and this to say about protection

https://www.erinpavlina.com/blog/2008/0 ... l-project/

Fyi, she's also always been pretty big on astral sex.

https://www.erinpavlina.com/blog/2012/0 ... -pleasure/

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
PrincessKnight
neophyte
neophyte

Lewk wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:39 am
PrincessKnight wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:45 am According to this article, astral projection is totally safe:
What do you think?
[...]
Erin Pavlina also has this article on the dangers of astral travel.

https://www.erinpavlina.com/blog/2006/1 ... rojection/

and this to say about protection

https://www.erinpavlina.com/blog/2008/0 ... l-project/

Fyi, she's also always been pretty big on astral sex.

https://www.erinpavlina.com/blog/2012/0 ... -pleasure/
Very interesting, thank you very very much!!!
At the moment I have just started reading the first book by Robert A. Monroe, when I've finished his trilogy I will look for Erin Pavlina's books, thanks again for the very useful links!!! <3

PrincessKnight
neophyte
neophyte

Kitsune wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:06 am Dreams are primarily comprised of things repressed in our subconscious. Hidden fears or desires, emotions, and wishes, things we are worried over and truths we don't want to face. It's our brain's way of sorting through all of it.

One of the things you (general you) can do in dreams, especially ones charged with emotions, be they anger, fear, frustration, hate, sadness, love, hunger, happiness, etc etc., is take a second to stop and assess the situation. Many times in dreams where you are running from a scary monster for example, can be resolved by turning around and giving the monster a hug. I won't get into the deeper psychology behind this, as it's a whole other topic of discussion.

There are also many, many layers to the dreamscape, and you can actually enter the astral realms through dreams.

Also, one important thing to note is that astral projection isn't that hard to accomplish. We do it all the time, but are mostly unaware of it. It's also nothing like how people explain it as, and most people don't realize that what they do is indeed AP. The problem is when people try to put their experiences in a box, and think things like "I'll never/can't AP because I'm not experiencing XYZ". When you think you can't do something because your experiences don't meet your expectations, you keep yourself from truly appreciating what you have.

As well as comparing yourself to others, and feeling inadequate because you view your experiences as lesser valued than what you read online, when in reality you have had many profound things happen you are overlooking due to said expectations. It's not a race, it's a journey, and everyone is on a different level.
Extremely well said, thank you so much for the very good explanation.
BTW, I think I have entered the astral through dreams at least two or three times. Moreover, in my dreams I have met and talked with astral and spiritual guides a few times as well. They told me very important things about my soul and the purpose of my life, and even told me about some specific events that were going to happen in a few weeks or months.
However, I am still not able to astral project/travel whenever I like, and the few times it has happened were random.

Return to “Astral Projection/OBE”