You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Archangel
If I could be anything, I would be...: Angel
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

Help. Can a curse reversal reverse?

Post by angelicpeace »

Can a curse reversal reverse? If you reverse a curse and the reversal does actual damage can that damage come back on you?

ASTER
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 93
Spelled Number: 90
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angel,Dragon,Faeries
If I could be anything, I would be...: Bronwyn, Cherub, Arc
My super power would be...: Laser-beam eyes
My magical/paranormal name...: Aster 🌟 Jupiter

Re: Help. Can a curse reversal reverse?

Post by ASTER »

I have no experience with this at all. I would say the power would faint by then. Also, I assume this, because I don't do anything like this, but those who can cast a spell probably have an antidote for the curse not to backfire on them. This is all based on logic and common sense.

Aster💫Chavah
22Cretures,13Angel14LivgEnt,10Dragon10Immortal, 10Fae,
4 S/E/N/W atcher,
10 Guide,Khodam,Servitor,Djinn, Leader

Lewk
venerated member
venerated member
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 211
Spelled Number: 180
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Easthorse Indigo

Post by Lewk »

Have you got a specific type of ritual or method in mind?

By reversal, I'm guessing you mean reflecting it back at the sender? I have previously thought that any karma/blow back from that rebounds to the original sender too.

My assumption is a rite/spell/working/magic to deal with a curse is either effective or not effective. Logically, effectiveness would mean the curse no longer affects its target.

I'm speculating.

Don’t be scared. This island is full of noises, strange sounds and sweet melodies that make you feel good and don’t hurt anyone. Sometimes I hear a thousand twanging instruments hum at my ears, and sometimes voices that send me back to sleep even if I had just woken up—and then I dreamed of clouds opening up and dropping such riches on me that when I woke up, I cried because I wanted to dream again. Caliban, The Tempest, Shakespeare
\/

Vipera aspis atra
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: a master

Post by Vipera aspis atra »

If it is a proper curse reversal, once reversed it is reversed. There's no ping-ponging back and forth, and there's not going to be any fallout for the one who reversed it since all they are doing is returning that curse to sender.. to its rightful initiator. Of course, the individual who originally sent it, can protect themselves from it being reversed on them and may not suffer in the slightest, but it wouldn't go back to you in that event - it would just dissipate or deconstruct. Again, that is if the reversal is done properly, confidently and not half-heartedly.

Technically there could be forces involved that are irritated to find it reversed, and such forces could lash out in retaliation to see the curse fail, but that would be outside of the curse itself. Essentially.. if you're having curses sent your way in the first place which manage to harm you, it is a given you need to improve your overall, everyday protection and also have a little specialized protection. It never hurts to have your bases covered.
And if you're worried about something bad happening to you as a result of a curse reversal due to the energy associated with the outcome, then instead of reversal you want to deal with curses in a different way - like dissolving them or transforming their energy into positive on contact, etc.

"There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it."
—Oscar Wilde

jonmadden91
new here
new here
You are...: a practitioner
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 66
Your favorite spirit to work with: Fae
My super power would be...: Super speed

Post by jonmadden91 »

Not really, some people get irritated and just attack harder out of pride or ego. Also, if you retaliate with anything outside of the reversals, like add your own negative energy, that can be sent back.

Metheus North
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 80
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Moon Faery
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Metheus North

Post by Metheus North »

I love the way Vipera explained this. The analogy of the ping pong match really sums it up pretty well.

I have a protection mirror type spell that will return the curse, he, ect. back to the original caster. I had it for a while now but never used it. Instead of being in a ping pong match, like jonmadden91 stated, a magickal fight could occur just to show off some type of power play. I have not and will not do anything like that, myself because I just don't have the energy or time to keep it up. That is, unless someone is attacking my son or anyone who can't protect themselves. Even then, it wouldn't be a fight. I would just focus on protection and healing.

Return to “What Went Wrong?”