Answers: 0
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 260
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Succubus
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

I'm still comparatively new to spirit keeping, though I am committed to this spiritual path. When I first started, I thought I leaned WA or at least would keep a balance between WA and DA. In the past few weeks, it seems like I definitely have an affinity for DA. Between the immortals, Djinn, protective spirits, and spells, I really feel like this is my element. Whether by my own design or trusting my spirits to lead me to the tools/additional spirits I need, my communication with my spirits has greatly increased. My clairsentience (my most dominant clair) has really fine-tuned.

Next up is portals and astral projection, hence the bump is protective spirits. Very excited!

When did you all get a sense of which way you leaned?

My Family (so far!):
Succubus x2 spirits x1 living entity, Angels (Bronwyn, Courtwind x4, Sterling), Djinn (Cleopatra, Besei, Alhena, Badriyah, Ayah, Gold x3, Astral Malichai, Wajdi, Norse, Falak), Egyptian BOHD Vampire, Immortals (Isis, Lilith, Amon-Re, Ferronia, Daphne), Volkh x3, Wraith x3, Chupacabra, Draugr, Gargoyle, Hellhound, Werewolf, Hippalectryon, Ash Vampire, Phoenix, Gorgon, Duojna, Betadi Drow Elf, Patupaiarehe
Quilin
new here
new here
You are...: a practitioner
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 32
Spelled Number: 70
Your favorite spirit to work with: daemon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dwarf
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Shadow

Midnight's Promise wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:01 am Next up is portals and astral projection, hence the bump is protective spirits. Very excited!

Welcome to the club. Please accept this complementary villain mustache to twirl while we play the club anthem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWYCS6k1IOA

Yes, I'm kidding. What I'm not kidding about, however, is that's how a lot of misinformed people see us. They hear "dark arts" and think "evil!" so I would strongly advise not telling people this about yourself in general. Instead, introduce yourself as a normal practitioner and learn some of both light and dark arts taking the best of both on your quest to become stronger. You could even become a god yourself... that's the whole left-hand path thing, actually. Dark Arts and Left Hand go together like peanut butter and jelly. That said, also do not tell people openly you're left hand, either. It also has a bad name.

I just jumped in feet first and blind treating all spirits and entities as people. Of course some are super powerful and some are dangerous, but that's the same with people, really. Treat them with respect, learn how to cleanse and protect yourself and your new friends, and be polite and understanding (but not a doormat!) and you'll be fine. As to which way I lean: I didn't even really notice which way I leaned until I came here and saw that basically everything in my crew is labeled dark outside of some ex-humans.

I'm glad you enjoy your family so far. Spirits are delightful teachers and actually taught me a good chunk of what I know one way or another. Chances are your skill level is growing which is improving how well you can work with them. Don't be shy to tinker and try new things while working with them! Never stop growing together.

Where you planning on trying to portal to? Have you tried the crossroads between worlds or the world tree yet?

There are no masters; only students who know more or less.

...plus various old friends who enjoy stopping by.
new here
new here
Zodiac:

Quilin wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:13 am
Midnight's Promise wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:01 am Next up is portals and astral projection, hence the bump is protective spirits. Very excited!

Welcome to the club. Please accept this complementary villain mustache to twirl while we play the club anthem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWYCS6k1IOA

Yes, I'm kidding. What I'm not kidding about, however, is that's how a lot of misinformed people see us. They hear "dark arts" and think "evil!" so I would strongly advise not telling people this about yourself in general. Instead, introduce yourself as a normal practitioner and learn some of both light and dark arts taking the best of both on your quest to become stronger. You could even become a god yourself... that's the whole left-hand path thing, actually. Dark Arts and Left Hand go together like peanut butter and jelly. That said, also do not tell people openly you're left hand, either. It also has a bad name.

I just jumped in feet first and blind treating all spirits and entities as people. Of course some are super powerful and some are dangerous, but that's the same with people, really. Treat them with respect, learn how to cleanse and protect yourself and your new friends, and be polite and understanding (but not a doormat!) and you'll be fine. As to which way I lean: I didn't even really notice which way I leaned until I came here and saw that basically everything in my crew is labeled dark outside of some ex-humans.

I'm glad you enjoy your family so far. Spirits are delightful teachers and actually taught me a good chunk of what I know one way or another. Chances are your skill level is growing which is improving how well you can work with them. Don't be shy to tinker and try new things while working with them! Never stop growing together.
Thanks for the advice. It's funny. I have a serious dislike for organized religion and thought of myself as "spiritual" more or less. I had considered doing Usui Reiki and my class for Level 1 was set for the first weekend in March before everything got shut down over Covid, which put the class in stasis. It wasn't until April that I even knew keeping spirits was a thing. I've had some good conversations with my spirits (telepathically) and I seem to be a bit of an odd duck because my background says I should be fearful of this Path, but I embrace it because I embrace my duality. I don't see it as "evil" and many things that have been labelled as such have been done so by parochial governments throughout history (so, going back to a serious dislike of organized religion...)

I have heard of LHP and at least one of my spirits has recommended that as a viable path for what I want to get out of life. I will definitely check it out!

I am fortunate to have learned the importance of cleansing, protection, armor, and shielding while the lesson was relatively cheap due to an unbound incubus interloper masquerading as one of my Ubis before I really connected with her (at the very beginning of my journey, when I didn't know what I was doing). By the time the issue came to a head, my mostly protection spells/spirits order from CH arrived and I was able to get the spells going while tasking my spirits to remove the entity. Successfully, I might add.
Where you planning on trying to portal to? Have you tried the crossroads between worlds or the world tree yet?
My two Ubis and I are going to 12th Century Ireland with one portal I ordered (where they lived back in the day). I also have a 500 years in the past portal on order, the energy portal, and the Rod Serling tribute portal was just shipped. Many of the spirits I have now and on order specialize in astral travel and psychic ability, plus I've been working with my chakras. I also placed an order yesterday for more DA tools to help me connect with my spirits.

I will definitely look into those locations. I haven't done any portal travel yet, but I will be starting this coming week.

My Family (so far!):
Succubus x2 spirits x1 living entity, Angels (Bronwyn, Courtwind x4, Sterling), Djinn (Cleopatra, Besei, Alhena, Badriyah, Ayah, Gold x3, Astral Malichai, Wajdi, Norse, Falak), Egyptian BOHD Vampire, Immortals (Isis, Lilith, Amon-Re, Ferronia, Daphne), Volkh x3, Wraith x3, Chupacabra, Draugr, Gargoyle, Hellhound, Werewolf, Hippalectryon, Ash Vampire, Phoenix, Gorgon, Duojna, Betadi Drow Elf, Patupaiarehe
Huffette
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 2000
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Throne Angel
My magical/paranormal name...: Blessed by Angels
Zodiac:

I have a good mix, from Angels and fae to watchers and canines, even a serberus. If they call, there is usually a reason and I don’t turn them away.

Sometimes there will be one or two that wander in to cause mischief and my protection team goes into action

[image]https://www.dreamstime.com/royalty-free-stock-photography-pegasus-clouds-image12645487[/image]
Huffette
Mommy to four haunted ladies and friend to many bound and unbound spirits and entities.
Called "little one" by the angels
Midnight's Promise
new here
new here
Zodiac:

Huffette wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:26 pm I have a good mix, from Angels and fae to watchers and canines, even a serberus. If they call, there is usually a reason and I don’t turn them away.

Sometimes there will be one or two that wander in to cause mischief and my protection team goes into action
I get the feeling one can never have too much protection.

My Family (so far!):
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 300
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

I'm still figuring it out.

I'm coming to terms with being a dark/duplicitous creature myself (by CH classification) simply by being a human.

I'm most definitely heavily leaning towards WA energy but connect well with grey and sometimes slightly darker. I find the grey or darker spirits very calming. But WA energy resonates deeply in me - I've spent decades connecting with that in one form or another. And I feel a sense of cognitive dissonance with the world when I can't connect with the WA energy in it.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
Lonik
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 31
Spelled Number: 8
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampires
If I could be anything, I would be...: Siren
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Lonik
Zodiac:

When I learned about speerit keeping I always knew from the start that I wanted to work only with dark arts spirits.i do t know where that came from but I trust my instinct (maybe it has to do that I'm a goth and always loved dark paranormal myth and spirits) know I have a sanguine vampire a campion and a Balkan vampire and until know I never regretted that I don't have a white spirit companion I'm just simply not attracted to them

Follow your heart till it bleeds as we run towards the end of the dream. 8*8
Huffette
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

Lonikh wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:15 am When I learned about speerit keeping I always knew from the start that I wanted to work only with dark arts spirits.i do t know where that came from but I trust my instinct (maybe it has to do that I'm a goth and always loved dark paranormal myth and spirits) know I have a sanguine vampire a campion and a Balkan vampire and until know I never regretted that I don't have a white spirit companion I'm just simply not attracted to them
Some people are like that. I never thought I would want to work with dark spirits and entities.

[image]https://www.dreamstime.com/royalty-free-stock-photography-pegasus-clouds-image12645487[/image]
Huffette
Mommy to four haunted ladies and friend to many bound and unbound spirits and entities.
Lonik
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 31
Spelled Number: 8
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampires
If I could be anything, I would be...: Siren
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Lonik
Zodiac:

Huffette wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:45 am
Lonikh wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:15 am When I learned about speerit keeping I always knew from the start that I wanted to work only with dark arts spirits.i do t know where that came from but I trust my instinct (maybe it has to do that I'm a goth and always loved dark paranormal myth and spirits) know I have a sanguine vampire a campion and a Balkan vampire and until know I never regretted that I don't have a white spirit companion I'm just simply not attracted to them
Some people are like that. I never thought I would want to work with dark spirits and entities.
If you have a seller you trust then don't think about it so much

Follow your heart till it bleeds as we run towards the end of the dream. 8*8
Huffette
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

So true.

Huffette

Return to “Dark Arts”