new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 3
Your favorite spirit to work with: Bannik
My super power would be...: Super speed
Zodiac:

So, I've been working/bonding with two spirits prior to my incubus coming in.

When I got my Bannik I didn't notice any strange side effects and actually felt spiritually energized. There were some weird occurrences related to waiting for him to arrive (my plumbing clogged while he was still in shipping and then right before I was going to give in and call a plumber it miraculously fixed itself and also he arrived a month late the same day I got my witches moon box which was centered around amber (his preferred incense/offering)), but nothing physically related.

Moreover, I felt great when my Sagen Fae showed up and I had more motivation to follow a healthy diet and cut out red meat which is a major step for me.

However, I got my Incubus this Saturday and have been immensely tired, really munchy, unmotivated, and have had big headaches since then. (I know that it's not covid because I had my test come back negative last Tuesday and my first vaccine dose Wednesday without any symptoms, and I also know that I'm not PMS-ing). Also, I've found that it has been really hard to connect and talk with him compared to my other spirits because he's just been saying that he doesn't want to talk, but at the same time he also says that he doesn't want to leave either.

I'm just really confused. What does this mean/what should I do?

Quote of the week: "Don't try to steer the river"

My Spirit Friends are:
1 Sagen Fae
1 Bannik
1 Incubus

Have a great Morning/Day/Night <3
cairngorn
active contributor
active contributor

How's he saying he doesn't want to talk? Through the pendulum? Sometimes your own reactions can get mixed up with a spirit's that way.

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

gabish wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:01 pm [...] I got my Incubus this Saturday and have been immensely tired, really munchy, unmotivated, and have had big headaches since then. (I know that it's not covid because I had my test come back negative last Tuesday and my first vaccine dose Wednesday without any symptoms, and I also know that I'm not PMS-ing). Also, I've found that it has been really hard to connect and talk with him compared to my other spirits because he's just been saying that he doesn't want to talk, but at the same time he also says that he doesn't want to leave either.

Has the Incubus been custom conjured? If not, and they are pre-conjured, they may not match your energy as comfortably as a custom conjure.

The standard advice, which I've read in CH books, sticky articles / forum posts, is generally speaking we shouldn't keep spirits that are darker than us. If we do, then we're likely to feel dark arts acclimation symptoms more strongly.

There are several solutions that may help:

- start off by keeping da spirits on the lightest side of the scale. (eg Gargoyles or psy vampires. There are others.)

- only get custom conjures

- politely and clearly, ask your new dark arts spirit if they can kindly do all they can to minimise the dark arts acclimation symptoms. (Apparently they will usually be happy to do what they can to help.)

- get this https://shop.creepyhollows.com/SPIRIT-K ... ATION.html

Unless the conjurer has said the spirit's temperament is fairly uncommunicative, you could have a slight block. Perhaps after the acclimation symptoms have died down, you'll find it easier / clearer.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
gabish
new here
new here
Zodiac:

cairngorn wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:25 pm How's he saying he doesn't want to talk? Through the pendulum? Sometimes your own reactions can get mixed up with a spirit's that way.
For some reason I don’t vibe with pendulums, so it’s through tarot spreads and yes/no tarot draws (I keep my BoS open so he can look over yes/no/maybe card options)

My Spirit Friends are:
1 Sagen Fae
1 Bannik
1 Incubus

gabish
new here
new here
Zodiac:

Lewk wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:41 pm
gabish wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:01 pm [...] I got my Incubus this Saturday and have been immensely tired, really munchy, unmotivated, and have had big headaches since then. (I know that it's not covid because I had my test come back negative last Tuesday and my first vaccine dose Wednesday without any symptoms, and I also know that I'm not PMS-ing). Also, I've found that it has been really hard to connect and talk with him compared to my other spirits because he's just been saying that he doesn't want to talk, but at the same time he also says that he doesn't want to leave either.

Has the Incubus been custom conjured? If not, and they are pre-conjured, they may not match your energy as comfortably as a custom conjure.

The standard advice, which I've read in CH books, sticky articles / forum posts, is generally speaking we shouldn't keep spirits that are darker than us. If we do, then we're likely to feel dark arts acclimation symptoms more strongly.

There are several solutions that may help:

- start off by keeping da spirits on the lightest side of the scale. (eg Gargoyles or psy vampires. There are others.)

- only get custom conjures

- politely and clearly, ask your new dark arts spirit if they can kindly do all they can to minimise the dark arts acclimation symptoms. (Apparently they will usually be happy to do what they can to help.)

- get this https://shop.creepyhollows.com/SPIRIT-K ... ATION.html

Unless the conjurer has said the spirit's temperament is fairly uncommunicative, you could have a slight block. Perhaps after the acclimation symptoms have died down, you'll find it easier / clearer.
Thank you for your response, this helps clear things up a bit!
Also, it was a reverse conjure with an application to help with the process. I also got to do 2 meetings with the spirit beforehand and I never noticed much of a physical reaction or sickly-feeling in his presence. However I did notice that his personality was a little aloof and the conjurer had said he could be more stoic at times but that he does manifest strongly with imagery, smell, and physical manifestations (strong cool energy, weight on shoulders, etc.) and I haven’t been feeling anything other than tired and the occasional tired induced chills (my body gets really cold when I’m super tired).

My Spirit Friends are:
1 Sagen Fae
1 Bannik
1 Incubus

Kitsune
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demon,dragon,vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: My true self
Zodiac:

You also have to remember that correlation does not equal causation, and these symptoms could be completely unrelated to your incubus and instead be something completely mundane. An important rule when dealing with the metaphysical/spiritual: rule out all mundane possibilities before looking to the spiritual for the cause

"Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup"
Thyr
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 34
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demonic
Zodiac:

Maybe it just needs some time for both of you to adjust your energies, so he's not causing you any discomfort.
I have several DA spirits bound and so far all of them caused me something like migraine, stomach pain, fatigue, nausea or even fever and aching limbs. It lasted until we got a little used to each other. (Took about a week with most of them.)

¤ ωε nεvεr ωαlk αlonε ¤
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

ilinga wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:52 pm Maybe it just needs some time for both of you to adjust your energies, so he's not causing you any discomfort.
I have several DA spirits bound and so far all of them caused me something like migraine, stomach pain, fatigue, nausea or even fever and aching limbs. It lasted until we got a little used to each other. (Took about a week with most of them.)
Noting Kitsune's important point about how the fact something happens at the same time as something else doesn't necessarily mean that one was caused by the other...

...there is also this additional information about adjustment symptoms

https://www.creepyhollows.com/faq/?acti ... artlang=en

and this

https://www.creepyhollows.com/faq/index ... ght=twitch

Basically, yes energy adjustments can happen even with white arts spirits. In the first article yet another tip is given, which is to move the vessel's location... maybe until the adjustment period is over.

find it again.
gabish
new here
new here
Zodiac:

I just wanted to thank all of you for all the advice and explanations! It really helps clear things up and I really appreciate it!

Kitsune is right, It could be something mundane and I could be reading into it too much, but I'll also try not wearing the vessel for a day or two, but still keep it nearby until symptoms totally die down just in case it is spirit related.

I did ask my DA spirit if he could help lessen symptoms like Lewk mentioned and I think it did help a bit since the fatigue isn't as bad, but still present.

My Spirit Friends are:
1 Sagen Fae
1 Bannik
1 Incubus

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

gabish wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:36 pm I just wanted to thank all of you for all the advice and explanations! It really helps clear things up and I really appreciate it!

Kitsune is right, It could be something mundane and I could be reading into it too much, but I'll also try not wearing the vessel for a day or two, but still keep it nearby until symptoms totally die down just in case it is spirit related.

I did ask my DA spirit if he could help lessen symptoms like Lewk mentioned and I think it did help a bit since the fatigue isn't as bad, but still present.
That sounds encouraging. I first read that tip from another forum member btw.

The worst da adjustment symptoms I had did seem to have 2 sides to it. One side was probably a little more mundane. Both can happen at the same time.

find it again.

Return to “Dark Arts”