You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 125
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragons
If I could be anything, I would be...: dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

Aeryn wrote:
Wiccan Warrior Alex wrote:Direct anger toward the 'action' and not the 'person'.
If we MUST show anger (even in our thoughts), THIS is the way to do so. That quote says a lot... and by doing that, you may prevent some "regrets". :thumbup:
Exactly Aeryn, you hit the nail on the head!!!!!! :thumbup: :D

starfire ::dragons:: :kistune:

Keeper of many spirits, who I suspect are keeping me instead!!!

Keeper of Thor, my friend and protector
Lorelley
new here
new here
Answers: 0
Number of Spirits: 4
Spelled Number: 10
Your favorite spirit to work with: Djinn
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

I have a question here, maybe someone can help. Okay, so it is all clear for me now, how to responsibly work with my wraith, and thank you all for that, you have been beyond helpful and insightful with your comments. My question is, if my wraith is a C5, can it inflict revenge on a person that is 2000miles away from me? It is a very serious situation, so I would really appreciate answers to the question itself rather than discussion around the fairness of the revenge. Many Thanks!! And please anyone reply, it is a really serious and urgent situation

-arianna-
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampires
Zodiac:

Magnolia wrote in another thread that the miles restriction based on the class of the binding applies to spelled items only,because spirits can travel wherever they want to anyway. A higher class spirit though would be able to bring more changes so I wouldn't get a wraith under class 4 since you definitely want results.

Think you've seen it all? Think again. Outside those doors, we might see anything. We could find new worlds, terrifying monsters, impossible things. And if you come with me... nothing will ever be the same again!

Lorelley
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 4
Spelled Number: 10
Your favorite spirit to work with: Djinn

Indeed, a million thanks for clarifying :)

Adelphia
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 66
Spelled Number: 666
My magical/paranormal name...: Adelphia D. Blood

Great bump Lionix, this thread is a gem!

I haven't been drawn to a wraith until I suddenly was recently and finally put one on order, end of July. 3, Anna? Hmm you got me thinkin!

I wonder, can wraiths shield from malevolent energies, as well as sentient beings? Like, paranormal energy that is really bad and concentrated in a location, or other non-sentient yet harmful negative energies? Or what about malevolent thoughtforms? What about a paranormal location that is filled with evil energy and not evil spirits? What if it's natural energy (so maybe not 'evil) - that just happens to be harmful to humans who spend time in it? Or what about simple harmful energies that are just disruptive and not even evil like for example, types of electromagnetic pollution or unhealthy radiation?

Curious here... they help guard and shield against cursings and malevolent magick, right? So guarding against other harmful energies seems like it could be similar. Anyone who has a wraith have insight on this?

"You can call me 'little sunshine'."-Crowley

Adelphia D. Blood
Sorcerer, Psychic Investigator
souloffire
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 30
Spelled Number: 8
If I could be anything, I would be...: demi-god
My magical/paranormal name...: Lady Sio
Zodiac:

Really great post and info which has really made me rethink how I handle my anger and losing my temper sometimes.I guess sometimes we have to rise above and try not to take things "personally".That is one of my main issues but i am getting lots better at handling it.Also having DA has helped me be more honest with myself and my true feelings towards something.I feel like if I am lying to myself what must they think of me.

NyctophiliaRaven
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Everyone
If I could be anything, I would be...: Myself.
My magical/paranormal name...: KITTY!!!!!!!!
Zodiac:

Adelphia wrote:Great bump Lionix, this thread is a gem!

I haven't been drawn to a wraith until I suddenly was recently and finally put one on order, end of July. 3, Anna? Hmm you got me thinkin!

I wonder, can wraiths shield from malevolent energies, as well as sentient beings? Like, paranormal energy that is really bad and concentrated in a location, or other non-sentient yet harmful negative energies? Or what about malevolent thoughtforms? What about a paranormal location that is filled with evil energy and not evil spirits? What if it's natural energy (so maybe not 'evil) - that just happens to be harmful to humans who spend time in it? Or what about simple harmful energies that are just disruptive and not even evil like for example, types of electromagnetic pollution or unhealthy radiation?

Curious here... they help guard and shield against cursings and malevolent magick, right? So guarding against other harmful energies seems like it could be similar. Anyone who has a wraith have insight on this?

I'm not sure how much help this will be. I have a wraith. My constant feeling from him is that he's "always on guard." Guarding against what, I don't know. Whenever I look for him, he's outside my windows, pacing "his" territorial lines. I don't know if he's shielding against malevolent energies or sentient beings. I do know that he's precognitive enough to ORDER me to get a Catoblepas when trouble was coming.

As for the rest, I don't know if he protects against non-sentient yet harmful negative energies, but I don't have a lot of that kind of thing here, because I've taken steps towards keeping such things out of my space. I don't know about malevolent thoughtforms. I don't know about paranormal locations filled with evil energies and not evil spirits. I don't know about natural energy that's harmful to humans. I don't know about harmful energies that are just disruptive, such as pollution or radiation, though my feelings about that suggest that no, wraiths don't help with environmental issues of that nature.

Since getting my wraith, none of these issues has come up, and some of them, as I said, I either don't have to deal with at all, or had already taken steps to negate and remove from my environment prior to the wraith's coming, so I have no answers.

Also, I've only had my wraith since April, and by that time, the majority of the reasons I'd asked for one to join me had passed out of my life. However, since his coming, my life has been... surprisingly unruffled.

Brightest blessings...
Selqet

"She’s all the unsung heroes who... never quit." ― R. A. Heinlein, Stranger in a Strange Land
“There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.” ― William Shakespeare, Hamlet
“Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.”
― H.L. Mencken, Prejudices: First Series
Samsara
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 21
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: Nebs Angel Watchers
If I could be anything, I would be...: Goddess

People who do not maintain control over their DA spirits, can attract all sorts of negative energy, anger, jealousy, hatred, fear, melancholy, depression, schizophrenia, illusions of grandeur, inflated & deceptive sense of self worth, etc, which can create discord in their lives, and in the lives of those around them.
Did Wiccan Warrior Alex really write that? :wild: She must of seen the future.

I do have a spirit that warns me of danger so I don't know if it's overkill to get a wraith to. I think people spend too much time being hurt and f-ing with eachother. Truthfully being a leo...I'm always angry and butt hurt over something. LOL. I don't know if I can control my anger/hatred especially with family...you know the people that take you the most for granted! I've heard people getting their astral kicked for just tapping into someone who has a wraith.

Second, wraiths are people who died a gruesome death. =( I might just be inclined to give them therapy and setting them free. Anyways just thinking outloud.

"Man is what he sees in other people."
souloffire
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 30
Spelled Number: 8
If I could be anything, I would be...: demi-god
My magical/paranormal name...: Lady Sio
Zodiac:

I think people spend too much time being hurt and f-ing with eachother. Truthfully being a leo...I'm always angry and butt hurt over something. LOL. I don't know if I can control my anger/hatred especially with family...you know the people that take you the most for granted!

Angeldust* I can really feel you on this.Family have the power to hurt us most because we care deeply for them & therefore take things more "to heart".I have been enraged because of things done to me by my family.I have strict house rules because I wouldn't want to chance anything.

Cheeky Devil
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 100
If I could be anything, I would be...: an angel
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

AngelDust wrote:
Second, wraiths are people who died a gruesome death. =( I might just be inclined to give them therapy and setting them free.
Goodness, a wraith on therapy :lol:
Adelphia wrote:
Adelphia, :wave: Hi yes, I had to order three because I wanted to strengthen the protection over here. Let us know how it goes when your wraith arrives.

I have a question. I am curious to know, has anyone ever tried having your wraith bound to your triumvirate? If so, what does it feel like? ::Anyone::

Anna

Return to “Dark Arts”