Number of Spirits: 26
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Stryx
If I could be anything, I would be...: Shadow Demon
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Rhea Lynx Celosia
Zodiac:

I was browsing the top ten lists and came across the Liderc:
CH Encyclopedia wrote:They are supernatural creatures that are born of a black egg that is set atop manure. When treated kindly they pleasure their owners sexually and they make their owners rich by gathering treasures of wealth and assets. They can be overbearing at times and the only way to subdue them is to give them an impossible task or lock them in a hollow tree.
Only after reading this did I realize I'd heard of these creatures from Hungarian folklore. However, I read they had no desire to fornicate with their victims, only molest them, sit upon them, and drink their blood at night, while making them rich by day. I also heard the Liderc devours human souls or something, is any of this on the mark? I don't want one (my Ifrits help me with money), but can someone explain these creatures more accurately and in-depth?

RHEA LYNX CELOSIA - Proud of who I am, and will come to be
Dark and Black Arts fiend, Chaosophist, Mythology Dork, and Akarmatic adept in the Making
"I've built more than you'll ever destroy, and I've destroyed far more than you will ever create." - Jason King
"It's a pity that stupidity isn't painful" - Anton LaVey
CaesarDraconis
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 1
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Royal Draconis
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Dragon Lord
Zodiac:

They sound interesting.

PD you do come up with the most amazing finds. I have really had quite an education just following your
questions. Thank you.

Quod est inferius est sicut quod est superius et quod est superius est sicut quod est inferius, ad perpetranda miracula rei unius - Hermes Trismegistus
Nephret
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 26
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Stryx
If I could be anything, I would be...: Shadow Demon
My magical/paranormal name...: Rhea Lynx Celosia
Zodiac:

CaesarDraconis wrote:They sound interesting.

PD you do come up with the most amazing finds. I have really had quite an education just following your
questions. Thank you.
Thank you, I'm flattered. I was raised by a family who, before I was born, did not believe in the paranormal and psychics. I kind of drew spirits (usually demons) near myself as a child, and I could see them, hear them, etc. Most of my 15 years of knowledge is through personal experience (and massive amounts of folklore I read).

Yeah, but they sound a bit too creepy (not in the good/scary way, I mean perverse old man creepy) for me to keep, but there's like no info on them.

RHEA LYNX CELOSIA - Proud of who I am, and will come to be
Dark and Black Arts fiend, Chaosophist, Mythology Dork, and Akarmatic adept in the Making
"I've built more than you'll ever destroy, and I've destroyed far more than you will ever create." - Jason King
"It's a pity that stupidity isn't painful" - Anton LaVey
Huffdamagicdragon
venerated member
venerated member
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 1801
Spelled Number: 568
Your favorite spirit to work with: Lampades
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: DämonZerstörer

My daughter's first calling spirit was a ring she said she was strangely attracted to even though the ring was one she considered ugly that had a liderc attached to it.... I have 3 ordered as a "triad for wealth" that have just been shipped... looking forward to greeting them
Last edited by Huffdamagicdragon on Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wayyy too many in my keep to count let alone list
mostly djinn and dragons though
TheWatcher
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 30
Spelled Number: 15
My magical/paranormal name...: Do i need one ?

Huffdamagicdragon wrote:My daughter's first calling spirit was a ring she said she was strangely attracted to even though the ring was one she considered ugly that had a liderc attached to it.... I have 3 ordered that have just been shipped... looking forward to greeting them
Keep as uphated if you can my interest is piqued.

Huffdamagicdragon
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 1801
Spelled Number: 568
Your favorite spirit to work with: Lampades
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My magical/paranormal name...: DämonZerstörer

I got my triad of lidercs. I wore the vessel for a day. When Huffette got home I thought I would like to know her impressions of them, so I asked her to check them out. After telling Huffette about what vessel I had in my hand, I placed it in her hand. She quickly placed it back in my hand saying they have a lot of power and they told her "We don't want you, we want him." So, I placed the vessel back around my neck.

wayyy too many in my keep to count let alone list
mostly djinn and dragons though
MissI
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 7
Spelled Number: 3
Your favorite spirit to work with: psy vampires
If I could be anything, I would be...: fairy
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: MissI
Zodiac:

In romanian folklore there is a similar entity. It is said that in the old days, up in the mountains, some people called "banuiti" used these creatures as servitors. A woman, usually got the firs egg from a black hen that was mating with a black rooster and sat on it for 40 days, fasting and reciting magic words. At the end of the 40 days a little man would hatch from the egg and the woman would have to say exactly:"Tu esti al meu, eu NU sunt a ta!", meaning You are mine, I am NOT yours!
From that moment, the creature will be her servant and do her biding. In the same time no thief can pass her property and the liderc is sure to bring great wealth.
In return the keeper of the liderc would give the creature milk and food without salt and some would build them a room without windows. At the time of his passing the owner should live the liderc to a family member. If this is not the case the liderc would continue to guard the property and gather riches.
A word of caution! It is said that a woman failed to speak all the words after the incubation of the egg so the entity had power upon her. It killed her husband and seduced her, later on acting like a husband would. All of the other man who wanted to be with her were being chased away and the liderc laid with her at his wish.
Some say this entity is likely to be a lesser demon that can be invoked by man, others say he's a trickster , I am not sure of his origin but he is DA for sure.
The entity I am talking about is not in spirit form.

Muse
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: No favorites, sorry
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sane
My magical/paranormal name...: Somethin' snazzy I suppose
Zodiac:

Can anyone tell me any experiences with their Liderc? I'm interested in learning more about them.

"Do what you can, when you can, and avoid the unnecessary."
- Muse
cfergu01
new here
new here
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 8
Spelled Number: 7
Your favorite spirit to work with: Djinn
If I could be anything, I would be...: Djinn
My magical/paranormal name...: Tita
Zodiac:

I’ve had my Liderc for a while and she’s quite... vivacious? I’m not quite sure how to describe her without making it sound like criticism, but she’s very clearly sensual and very clearly dark. I don’t necessarily feel malice from her though, it just feels like it’s in her nature to be intimidating and dangerous...

I stumbled onto this thread because my Liderc popped up out of nowhere today (I was working with a wealth spell when she made her presence known and was quite adamant that she could help with my finances). I’d never fully connected with her and have hardly worked with her in the years she’s been with me, so I was super surprised.

If you’ve ever watched a mafia movie, that’s kinda the vibe she gave when she offered her help. Like there were nuances to her gift that I was unaware of, you know? She offered me ‘riches’ when all I really needed was a bit more wealth to pay for a class. I declined politely, but said that if she really wanted to offer her help, I would accept under the agreement that the wealth I received wouldn’t adversely affect any other part of my life (relationships, work, etc.). Admittedly, I felt her enthusiasm dim a bit lol. But she said her offer still stands and, in return, she wanted one thing;
MILK.

The request was quite surprising, but seemed harmless so I agreed. I was about to go out to buy some milk when it dawned on my that I might’ve heard not to give treats to Liderc, so I came here to check out other people’s experiences. I was a little surprised to see offering milk mentioned here, so at least my lady is consistent with her race lol

But is it alright to offer milk to a Liderc from CH? Are there any possible negative repercussions? If anyone has any experiences with this, I’d love to hear them.

I think I’ll also send a ticket to CH and post the answer and any experiences that may come from this just in case it might help someone else keeping a Liderc.

Keeper of (1) Ifrit Djinn, (2) Marid Djinn,(1) Venetian Dragon, (1) Volkh, (1) Shikigami, (1) Hound of Annwn, (1) Nympho and (1) Liderc
shiningshadow33
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 4
Spelled Number: 8
Your favorite spirit to work with: Sidhe
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sidhe
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

The request, to me, seems harmless, and she has been with you a long while before putting it forward. If this were a living entity liderc I would have had a small worry too, this though is a spirit so I see no issue offering a bit of milk with some regularity. She does not seem to be asking for a ‘treat’ as such from how you write of the interaction, she is seemingly asking for something small in return for helping you become VERY wealthy. I have two lovely liderc myself and I will definitely see if they would be receptive to such offerings.

I work with the sidhe regularly so requests of offerings of milk are not unfamiliar to me. Exchanges like this are also not unfamiliar to me, it seems like she is both trying to bond with you in a way that would benefit both you and her and end up strengthening the bond between you both substantially over time. Constant mutual support/exchange/close interaction tends to do that.

Return to “Dark Arts”