Answers: 0
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 5
Spelled Number: 1
If I could be anything, I would be...: Myself
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Hal
Zodiac:

Dumb question but are you allowed to read NON SPIRIT VESSELS if you have cast the spells yourself and want people to see what's inside it to see if it's working?
You see, I'm trying to make an astral portal which I've been messing with for several months with chaos magic with natural and star energies mixed in. Then I would astral project into it and see if it lends anywhere. If I'm successful, there should be very unfamiliar energy coming out of it from an alien source that people could pick up on.
Can we have people read our home-made astral portals to see what kind of energy coming out from it?

ARandomDemon
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

Btw I'm not asking to see any spirits, just the ENERGY that comes from it.

darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

ARandomDemon wrote:Dumb question but are you allowed to read NON SPIRIT VESSELS if you have cast the spells yourself and want people to see what's inside it to see if it's working?
I think it can still be misused. For example, you buy a spelled vessel from one seller, then post it here and say that you cast the spell yourself and want to see if others can sense it.

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
ARandomDemon
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

I believe that there was someone who was casting spells in their sleep and posted the vessels on the forum showing us what they did and was selling them on a website.
It was posted under 'topic of the day' called 'something I'm working on'.
That one seemed to be allowed, otherwise they would've removed it a long time ago.

darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

ARandomDemon wrote:I believe that there was someone who was casting spells in their sleep and posted the vessels on the forum showing us what they did and was selling them on a website.
That's Huff. He's already known as a seller, and the stuff he posted is actually sold to other people. In this case, it's kinda similar to CH's shop showing the pictures of vessels.

But if you're still trying out, it's better to show it to your close friends or circle first.

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
Haunted Curiosities
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

sadlotus79 wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:46 pm I have to say I agree with Magnolia on this one.

It was one thing when people would post for the fun of it BUT rules are in place for a reason.
A very good reason.

No one can replace you the keeper when it comes to reading. do you honestly want to rely on someone else telling you whats going on in your life or do you want to grow and learn and take care of your own business?

I mean it is fun to guess whats in a vessel sometimes but people take it WAY to seriously.
I know this is an older thread but I totally agree. I get all the time requests to see if what a person got is real. I won’t do it. People that do it leave a very bad taste. I knew a very well known seller who agreed with this couple from Puerto Rico who was testing others items. When you looked deeper into what they were doing they were promoting what seemed to be another seller when in fact it was them. They went on to say this seller was the only real seller etc. The well known seller who used to be on your forum was agreeing because they thought they would get business by kissing some buns. That backfired very quickly on them. I’m not saying who helped that along, but it happened. Good thing, no one has heard from them in a long time.

wwwhauntedcuriositiescom
Thomramzes
new here
new here
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 1
My super power would be...: X-Ray Vision
My magical/paranormal name...: Alkir

I wish that I could be like you. You are my idol for now long

<<Edited by Moderator>>

Kvedulf133
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: Male
Zodiac:

Magnolia wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:39 am They are circumventions of a board policy we have in "is this spirit real?" services that are bought & paid for by collectors for others to "read" their vessels. And spirit reading services are something we don't promote or advocate at all.

These kinds of threads are the kinds of threads that come off as authenticating another seller's work. Which is not okay. We've already stated time and time again that practitioners do not reveal their methods and there could be cloaking spells on the bindings like we do. In that case the people reading for you (whether its forum members or a paid service) could be reading an unbound spirit or another spirit, and you are just going to have a confusing, messed up situation! Relationships between spirits & their Keepers have been destroyed with these kinds of situations because you are putting a LOT of trust that they are reading the right thing.

These types of threads are, in future, are not welcome here. If you want to discuss them on other forums, that's up to you guys, but frankly, as an owner of the board I don't want the liability of the sellers of these vessels & bindings seeing these threads and thinking that CH is trying to be judge & jury of other seller's works. We don't need that kind of trouble. I can only imagine how angry they can get reading that members are evaluating their work.

If you don't know what kind of spirit is in your vessel:

1. Contact the ORIGINAL seller and ask them for the details, this is the best & most accurate solution
2. If you were given the information but you doubt what they say, then you should spend some time bonding & doing what you need to do to get into contact with the spirit
3. Absolutely nothing is going to replace you developing your own skills in interacting with spirits, NOTHING. If you plan to be a Keeper who lets other people read your vessels & tell you what is going on with your journey then you can expect to get a lot of different, conflicting answers, and end up being frustrated by the results from all the different spirit readers. I've personally seen this play out to epic proportions in 2009, which caused multiple people to leave Spirit Keeping because of it. I wouldn't let anyone rob me of something I want, and I hate to see you guys being robbed of being a Spirit Keeper because you let your responsibilities fall to someone else/others.
I keep coming back to read this. Good stuff!

Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

I am bumping this thread because it seems like there is a resurgence in the "Spirit Readings", "Spirit Channelings", "Test My Binding", etc. offerings in the Spirit Keeping community.

Which, to add insult to injury, seems that a good number of the shops doing this are not only selling their own spirit & spell bindings, but they have no problem using our coined terms like "Reverse Adoption", "Bridging Stone", "Master Vessel", "Power Orbs", "Transmute Bag", "Capture Stone", & many others - which our coining/creation of these terms is indisputable because the history of CH is entirely time & date stamped across the Forum. Even the threads moved from 2006-2008 from the free boards onto this Forum are all documented.

Our credentials, and the testament to the body of our work, is completely documented. We don't just say we've been doing this for X years, it's all here in black & white. While, many of these pop-up shops/boards that are offering these services, only state their credentials, there is no history of their work or their credentials to be evaluating the work performed by practitioners known to this community. It's not to say someone cannot be powerful in their own rite of practice/Arts, but to be taken as a collective of information, it all seems quite built for these shops to be building their customer base on the backs of the hard work of others. Tearing down other practitioners and calling into question their abilities & work, for the sole purpose of selling their own. Which fundamentally is wrong.

Their work should be able to stand on their own, without having to tear down someone else to prove their value.

In one hand these different sites/shops are evaluating bindings from CH & other practitioners and degrading them, while also utilizing standards CH put in place for their own work? It cannot be both ways. You cannot say CH is subpar, while simultaneously ripping off the work we standardized. If CH is so subpar, then why do you need to use CH terminology and standards? I am sure we are not the only established practitioners whose work is being recycled on these shops, I am sure other well-established practitioners are having their work recycled too. If they are doing it to us, I am sure they are doing it to others. I don't have a problem with things CH created becoming canon in the Spirit Keeping community, that's awesome & such an honor to me and Ash <3 I only have a problem when other shops are using it, while simultaneously tearing us down.

Which continues the conversation on the topic of ethics. It is unethical for a practitioner to read or test the work of another practitioner when they also sell bindings of spirits or spells. It calls into question the very intent and motive for offering that service at all. There is a reason neither Ash or I have ever read or interacted with a spirit or entity on behalf of someone else, or tested someone else's work. it's not ethical. It's not okay for us to say we are going to evaluate another practitioner's work for you, because we provide the same services.

If anyone, ever, writes into our Helpdesk about other seller's work, we refer them to this Forum to check reviews, or engage in conversations with members, because that is what the Forum is for. We do not validate, read, or test the work of other sellers. Ethics is something very near & dear to myself, Ash, and the Creepy Crew. It is the foundation upon which trust is built between all of us in the Spirit Keeping community, and that means something to me.

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
Adair Lasair Bán
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: in the learning process
Spelled Number: 60
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angelics & Immortals
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

You and Ash have my support, always.

There is a reason (actually multiple reasons) I choose to only purchase from CH. I do credit the success of my Journey to you and Ash. <3

“May the wind under your wings bear you where the sun sails and the moon walks.”
- J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit

Return to “Dark Arts”