Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 8
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: ET
If I could be anything, I would be...: Galactic Being
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

Aprophis wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:42 pm
And there's chaos demons, hellborn demons, highborn demons, lowborn demons and many many more races.

Searched the forum for the term “highborn” as I have two currently but didn’t find much info in this forum. Unless the search function is limited, there’s really no other info so I guess I’ll have to turn to S&S.
But I’ll have to say that I don’t consider the demons I have as Shaitans which is what people translate to demons. To me, they are daemons or infernal beings. Shaitans are something else.

Shran/Shrek Fan since 2001.

10 partners in crime, 6 healers, 1 businessman & 1 wise teacher.

“It is the time you have wasted for your rose that makes your rose so important.” — The Little Prince.
Tarvos
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 198
Spelled Number: 470
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angel, Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Demon
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

I must say, my experiences with them are selective. When it comes to defining a demon, I personally perceive them as an infernal being. Demon seems more like a term rather than an explicit race, given the wide array of demonic races you can encounter. Our individual interpretations of what a "demon" is can differ greatly, which is why we often find ourselves engaging in discussions like these threads. You'll find that numerous demons have a much darker BA alignment, though many also affiliate to DA.

Ubi can be misunderstood a lot. While they aren't demons, they have gained a somewhat negative reputation due to their sexual nature. Some individuals might encounter experiences with truly demonic Ubi which can be distressing, leading to the misconception that all Ubi are demonic. However, there are demonic Ubi.

While some refer to "low born" or "high born" demons, I wouldn't regard these as distinct races. This classification seems more like a marketing strategy employed by sellers. Imagine, if you're on a quest for quick riches, doesn't the idea of inviting a "low born" demon considered willing to do anything to amass wealth seem appealing? As opposed to the "high born" demons who are associated with nobility and thus less likely to do your bidding. This stratagem allows sellers to differentiate their prices accordingly.

In my understanding, the distinguishing factors that make a demon are their birthplace (infernal realms) or lineage. Just as being born and residing in Europe earns you the label of being European, as opposed to being called Japanese or Brazilian.

In the name of the moon, I'll enlighten you!
Adair Lasair Bán
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Spelled Number: 60
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angelics & Immortals
If I could be anything, I would be...: Myself

Tarvos wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 5:36 am I must say, my experiences with them are selective. When it comes to defining a demon, I personally perceive them as an infernal being. Demon seems more like a term rather than an explicit race, given the wide array of demonic races you can encounter. Our individual interpretations of what a "demon" is can differ greatly, which is why we often find ourselves engaging in discussions like these threads. You'll find that numerous demons have a much darker BA alignment, though many also affiliate to DA.

Ubi can be misunderstood a lot. While they aren't demons, they have gained a somewhat negative reputation due to their sexual nature. Some individuals might encounter experiences with truly demonic Ubi which can be distressing, leading to the misconception that all Ubi are demonic. However, there are demonic Ubi.

While some refer to "low born" or "high born" demons, I wouldn't regard these as distinct races. This classification seems more like a marketing strategy employed by sellers. Imagine, if you're on a quest for quick riches, doesn't the idea of inviting a "low born" demon considered willing to do anything to amass wealth seem appealing? As opposed to the "high born" demons who are associated with nobility and thus less likely to do your bidding. This stratagem allows sellers to differentiate their prices accordingly.

In my understanding, the distinguishing factors that make a demon are their birthplace (infernal realms) or lineage. Just as being born and residing in Europe earns you the label of being European, as opposed to being called Japanese or Brazilian.
From my own past experiences, I concur with what Tarvos has said here. I also want to highlight what he said about sellers marketing demons as "low born" and "high born" as a marketing strategy. Please do be aware of this aspect.

“May the wind under your wings bear you where the sun sails and the moon walks.”
- J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit
Hazell
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: a practitioner
If I could be anything, I would be...: Magical girl✨
Zodiac:

From what I understand of the term “lowborn” in reference to demons it has to do with where they reside in the hell realms. So lowborn actually refers to the location/realms they live in rather than their “status.” I have usually seen this term tossed around on Tumblr and a few shop sites. These demons are usually compared to technologically advanced humans who live in societies similar to us. These realms are often described as fairly safe and peaceful. I believe nobles and royals can also exist among lowborn demons.

I have one lower hell realm demon companion. He definitely wouldn’t be willing to do just about anything or get his hands dirty. He has a quiet, reserved nature and I can often find him at the library doing research.

Hellborn/highborn also refers to where they reside in the hell/infernal realms. I would say these realms are more dangerous to travel (from my experiences there are lots of desolate areas here, wars, and beings that are capable of being hostile (not all are this way)) and one of my demon companions will get upset if I go anywhere there without him because of this.

My demon companions from these realms vary a lot both in personality and appearance.

I have demonic companions from realms outside of these as well. Some are categorized by their connection to lunar or solar energies. There’s also void and abyssal realms. Or because of their connections to certain demon or fallen angel immortals and they live in realms created by these beings.

All of my demon companions are dark arts. I do not keep anything that is black arts. My demon companions are protective and gentle towards me.

I also want to add this because I see it mentioned here a lot and in other spirit companion spaces. My holy angel companions are fine with my demons. I have several holy angel companions and demons and have never had any issues. My seraphim guardian and Hellborn commander actually work together when it comes to leadership and protection in my realm/community.

ASTER
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: 👼🏻🐲🧚🧝🏻‍♀️🧙‍♂️🧛🧞‍♂️
If I could be anything, I would be...: Celestial
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Aster 🌟 Jupiter

This made a lot of sense to me @Hazell . Although I do not have or want any of them in my keep, the topic is educational and I am thankful for your reply to this.
Hazell wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 8:37 am From what I understand of the term “lowborn” in reference to demons it has to do with where they reside in the hell realms. So lowborn actually refers to the location/realms they live in rather than their “status.” I have usually seen this term tossed around on Tumblr and a few shop sites. These demons are usually compared to technologically advanced humans who live in societies similar to us. These realms are often described as fairly safe and peaceful. I believe nobles and royals can also exist among lowborn demons.

I have one lower hell realm demon companion. He definitely wouldn’t be willing to do just about anything or get his hands dirty. He has a quiet, reserved nature and I can often find him at the library doing research.

Hellborn/highborn also refers to where they reside in the hell/infernal realms. I would say these realms are more dangerous to travel (from my experiences there are lots of desolate areas here, wars, and beings that are capable of being hostile (not all are this way)) and one of my demon companions will get upset if I go anywhere there without him because of this.

My demon companions from these realms vary a lot both in personality and appearance.

I have demonic companions from realms outside of these as well. Some are categorized by their connection to lunar or solar energies. There’s also void and abyssal realms. Or because of their connections to certain demon or fallen angel immortals and they live in realms created by these beings.

All of my demon companions are dark arts. I do not keep anything that is black arts. My demon companions are protective and gentle towards me.

I also want to add this because I see it mentioned here a lot and in other spirit companion spaces. My holy angel companions are fine with my demons. I have several holy angel companions and demons and have never had any issues. My seraphim guardian and Hellborn commander actually work together when it comes to leadership and protection in my realm/community.

400✨Aster💫Jupiter

Anonymously anonymous
neophyte
neophyte

As someone who works with a lot of demons I can tell you the definition usually lies with them. (Them meaning the entity/spirit.) This is always how I classified any demon. Technically there are a lot of umbrella terms, but demon is just the largest one, and because it is so large it is harder to define. There is a lot of classifications, powers, status, where you are from, etc. that go into it. Also what @Hazell said is also my experience as well. I also work a lot with angels, and it is a common misconception that demons and angels don't get along. Again like @Hazell mention in her personal experience how her seraphim guardian and Hellborn commander actually work together. This is also no uncommon in general for an angel and a demon to work together.

Tarvos
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 198
Spelled Number: 470
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angel, Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Demon

Anonymously anonymous wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 2:09 pm As someone who works with a lot of demons I can tell you the definition usually lies with them. (Them meaning the entity/spirit.) This is always how I classified any demon. Technically there are a lot of umbrella terms, but demon is just the largest one, and because it is so large it is harder to define. There is a lot of classifications, powers, status, where you are from, etc. that go into it. Also what @Hazell said is also my experience as well. I also work a lot with angels, and it is a common misconception that demons and angels don't get along. Again like @Hazell mention in her personal experience how her seraphim guardian and Hellborn commander actually work together. This is also no uncommon in general for an angel and a demon to work together.
I absolutely concur that these distinctions are contingent on the entities defining them. In my experience, the terms "low born" and "high born" aren't associated with status or specific regions of the infernal realms. When I referenced nobility in my post above, I was referring to a characteristic of being more noble, which can influence sellers' pricing strategies. Of course, status exists, but it's a separate concept outside of this context.

I also want to say Hazell is correct that some demons are born beyond the infernal realms. However, in response to the original question about what constitutes a demon, both birthplace and lineage are crucial factors in my opinion. My companions belong to the latter category - lineage, even though they might have been born outside of the infernal realms. However, diving further into classifications could very well open a can of worms. Haha.

I can also echo that my Angels and Demons coexist harmoniously. In fact, around a third of my Keep is comprised of Angelic beings, including those callings and acquaintances of their friends. I understand that this might be challenging for some to accept, given their personal beliefs or religious affiliations.

In the name of the moon, I'll enlighten you!
Adair Lasair Bán
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Spelled Number: 60
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angelics & Immortals
If I could be anything, I would be...: Myself

Tarvos wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 6:12 pm I can also echo that my Angels and Demons coexist harmoniously. In fact, around a third of my Keep is comprised of Angelic beings, including those callings and acquaintances of their friends. I understand that this might be challenging for some to accept, given their personal beliefs or religious affiliations.
I'm honestly not surprised it has worked out for you Tarvos. I continue to enjoy your own dynamic with your Keep. \./

“May the wind under your wings bear you where the sun sails and the moon walks.”
- J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit
Anonymously anonymous
neophyte
neophyte

Tarvos wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 6:12 pm
Anonymously anonymous wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 2:09 pm As someone who works with a lot of demons I can tell you the definition usually lies with them. (Them meaning the entity/spirit.) This is always how I classified any demon. Technically there are a lot of umbrella terms, but demon is just the largest one, and because it is so large it is harder to define. There is a lot of classifications, powers, status, where you are from, etc. that go into it. Also what @Hazell said is also my experience as well. I also work a lot with angels, and it is a common misconception that demons and angels don't get along. Again like @Hazell mention in her personal experience how her seraphim guardian and Hellborn commander actually work together. This is also no uncommon in general for an angel and a demon to work together.
I absolutely concur that these distinctions are contingent on the entities defining them. In my experience, the terms "low born" and "high born" aren't associated with status or specific regions of the infernal realms. When I referenced nobility in my post above, I was referring to a characteristic of being more noble, which can influence sellers' pricing strategies. Of course, status exists, but it's a separate concept outside of this context.

I also want to say Hazell is correct that some demons are born beyond the infernal realms. However, in response to the original question about what constitutes a demon, both birthplace and lineage are crucial factors in my opinion. My companions belong to the latter category - lineage, even though they might have been born outside of the infernal realms. However, diving further into classifications could very well open a can of worms. Haha.

I can also echo that my Angels and Demons coexist harmoniously. In fact, around a third of my Keep is comprised of Angelic beings, including those callings and acquaintances of their friends. I understand that this might be challenging for some to accept, given their personal beliefs or religious affiliations.
Yeah that makes sense. I totally agree. I think multiple factors factor into it, but most of the time demons talk about birth place and lineage a lot. Oh yeah, I completely agree.

Return to “Dark Arts”